THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Tournament list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulshade
Slave

1750 Tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 08:10

I had a tinker with DE back in 5th and tbh pretty much left it there. I knew 6th was on the way and WHFB 8th Ed had just been released and was a massive game in our area (and still is!)

Anyhow Im back looking at 40K. The plan is to build, play and test an army and if possible, attend the UK Throne of Skulls event early next year. I know that's 1500 pts but all the local events tend to be around the 1750-1850 mark.

Now I need you to be brutal with this list. I have very little idea of the current 40K meta. I still play my 'nids and understand the rules but I have yet to play 6th ed in any form of competitive event. I tend to play the same 4 mates (Dark Angles, CSM, Crimson fists, Grey Knights) and thus my list tend to be aimed at killing power armour (not a bad thing i know Wink )

Anyhow Ive done some research and heres the list. Let me know what you think

Archon - Huskblade, PGL, Shadowfield
4x Incubi - Venom, SC

10x Warriors - SC, Raider
5x Wyches - Haywire, Venom, SC

4x Trueborn - 4x Blasters, Venom, SC

6x Reavers - 2x Blasters
6x Reavers - 2x Heatlance

Razorwing - Flickerfield
Ravager - Nightshield
Ravager - Nightshield

Total = 1749.

Personally I think the wych squads look a little small, and I am resisting the urge for a Hex with agoniser (the marine killing side of me)
I also didnt know what to do with AA, so added the Razorwing to try deal with it, dont know if Nightshield may be worth a pop just to reduce the range on the enemy AA.

Anyhow let me know! Please be brutal Smile
Back to top Go down
Septimus
Kabalite Warrior
Septimus

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 09:58

I would re-configure the list because it's way too fragile as it is now. You will encounter a substantial amount of ignore cover weapons, espicially from Tau, Codex marines and Eldar so I suggest you do this:

1. Ditch the incubi
2. Buy flicker fields instead of night shields
3. Get a fairly large beast unit as they are the best AT weapon we have (they have an easier time getting to the enemy than haywire carries), particularly when you're up against eldar and tau
4. Maybe 9 Reavers instead of 6 to get the points for the beast unit

The wyches are fine, if you have points left over for upgrades consider a Hekatrix with a venom blade - it wounds everything on a 2+, which is pure gold for only 5 points.

Eldar allies are obviously something to consider - even a cheap farseer with guide and prescience and a trio of jetbikes would very much be "nice to have" to TL those ravagers/reavers and/or beasts if you take them.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 12:01

Septimus wrote:
I would re-configure the list because it's way too fragile as it is now. You will encounter a substantial amount of ignore cover weapons, espicially from Tau, Codex marines and Eldar so I suggest you do this:

1. Ditch the incubi
2. Buy flicker fields instead of night shields
3. Get a fairly large beast unit as they are the best AT weapon we have (they have an easier time getting to the enemy than haywire carries), particularly when you're up against eldar and tau
4. Maybe 9 Reavers instead of 6 to get the points for the beast unit
If it's Throne of Skulls, they might be insistent that you use the official models for the beast pack, rather than Dire Wolves for Khymerae, spreading Razorwing flocks across multiple bases, etc. Where they draw the line between conversion and proxying is the issue, so your beast pack could end up costing you somewhere in the region of £150 plus. That's not even a maxed out squad, that's 4 beastmasters and 20 Khymerae pale Something to think about before you embark on it, if you go down that route. They would be great though!

I would actually keep the night shields and add flickerfields too. The sheer amount of ignores cover stuff has made them practically mandatory again, and Night Shields are useful for whittling down the enemy at range.

Your list actually looks similar to mine, but the Incubi come and go in my list. If they aren't there, that means there's no point taking the Archon, because you don't want to take a bigger squad of wyches in a Raider just to accommodate him. If I'm remembering points correctly, your Archon kitted out such as he is costs the same as Duke Sliscus. The Duke could bring more potency to your warrior shooting, as well as giving you two rolls on the drugs table for the wyches and Reavers, which would be really useful too. You'd have to lose a splinter cannon in one squad to let him in the Raider, as they'd no longer be ten strong, but wounding on a 3 with re-rolls to hit is still pretty good. With the points saved on the Incubi, you can get splinter racks on the Raiders and night shields and flickerfelds on everything.

The wych squads are fine the way they are to me. Throw both of them as fast as you can at an isolated vehicle and one of them is almost guaranteed to wreck it. They do really have to hunt in pairs to be properly effective, unless you're really careful with them - don't go sending one off to deal with one thing and the other to deal with another, your opponent will see them coming and down them separately.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 15:49

Adding both NS and FF is too many points added to a vehicle. I'd say pick one or the other.
Beasts are awesome and the baron leading them works amazingly. I would take at least 1-2 vehicles with grisly trophies for LD rerolls. You don't want that beast pack running away you
Back to top Go down
WarlordEXE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 15:51

the bigest threats in the flyer department would probably be the hell drake, and heldrake don't care about no silly stre 8 lance ticklers ;D. So i don't know if taking razorwing as "aa" is the best option. I take it cause it looks cool and never let me down in 5th ed, but i've never done any big tournys with my DE and all my opponents played heavily foot slogging lists. I think you'd be better off dropping it for another ravager, maybe with dissies if you take a guiding/prescience jet seer, combine reavers for one squad of 9 with 3 blasters, drop incubi&archon for and figure out something else to do with those points. another venom warior squad is nice, and beast master packs witht he baron & fearless jetseer are always useful.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 19:59

I actually prefer the void bomber with off and two shattershard missiles. 2s9 lances are great and the missiles are gread for horde control or light AT
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 08:01

Ok so how is this now?

Baron Sathonyx

4x Trueborn - 4x Blasters, Venom, SC

9x Reavers - 3x Blasters

4 x Beastmasters - 10 Chimera, 4 Razorwings.

Ravager - Flickerfield
Ravager - Flickerfield
Ravager - Flickerfield, Disintergrators

Total = 1664. 86 points free. Any ideas?

Im thinking drop something, add the feerless Eldar jetseer and 3 bikes. The seer is way expensive though.... points wise that is. My wallet lost the fight for life when I priced up that beasts squad!
Back to top Go down
WarlordEXE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 13:12

convert the khymera using either vampire counts or wariors of chaos dogs, and buy some extra 40mm bases (if you dont have any). Use hellions to convert beast masters (if you have extra nets from witches they look nice; other wise use knife arms and not actual hellion glaves). Maybe its because i don't have any tau to play, but IMHO night shields are more useful on ravagers then flickerfields. Even with no cover save you should be kiting with the -6". To fit the jetseer with shard and 3 bikes i'd make blaster born 3 man, drop jetbikes down to two with 2 blasters (though i'm sure 9 is fun to play with Sad ), and see where that gets you. Also, despite guided dissie ravagers being completely awsome, i think you need to go all lances on them for the dedicated AV. If you really wanted dissie ravagers then you either need to find some long range AV from eldar range, or just cross over to the less dark side and grab dark eldar allies bringing dissie ravager Razz .
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 15:44

You could drop 2-3 dogs and add a beast master and 2 flocks. So maybe try 5 masters, 7-8-dogs, 6 flocks.  You still have lots of 4++ from the dogs but more wounds and rending and more protection against small arms fire as the flocks have so many wounds.  
I am a little concerned about the lack of troops. For dark eldar 4 isn't much. Even just 5 dudes on foot would be ok.   I think you should have a void bomber, bit am not sure where to get the points from

Last edited by colinsherlow on Thu Sep 19 2013, 16:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 15:47

A Fearless jetseer mixed to the beast pack makes them much better. With prescience for rerolls and fearless you have one bad ass unit. Don't forget to have 1-2 grisly trophies. They allow you to reroll failed psych tests on the seer ;-)
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 18:49

Oh thats a nice cheaky tip. thanks. Hoping to get my first proxy game with this tonight / tomorrow. See how it copes before I drop the cash.
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 22:24

New list tweak for tomorrow.

Baron Sathonyx

10x Warriors - SC, Raider, Trophys
5x Wyches - Haywire, Venom, SC, Trophys
5x Wyches - Haywire, Venom, SC, Trophys

3x Trueborn - 3x Blasters, Venom, SC, Trophys

9x Reavers - 3x Blasters
4x Beastmasters - 5 Chimera, 4 Razorwings.

Ravager - Flickerfield
Ravager - Flickerfield
Ravager - Flickerfield

Farseer - Jetbike, Spiritstones, Shard of Anaris
3x Eldar Jetbikes
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 22:39

Looking better. Drop the stones. And you only need 1-2 grisly trophies. Spend the spare points on more beasts. And a singing spear never hurts.

List is looking solid and similar to one of mine ;-)
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 07:35

Ok another tweak then Razz

Baron Sathonyx

5x Wyches - Haywire, Venom, SC,
5x Wyches - Haywire, Venom, SC,

3x Trueborn - 3x Blasters, Venom, SC,

6x Reavers - 2x Blasters
3x Beastmasters - 5 Chimera, 4 Razorwings.

Ravager - Flickerfield
Ravager - Flickerfield
Voidraven - Flickerfield

Farseer - Jetbike, Shard of Anaris
3x Eldar Jetbikes

Added the Voidraven. Just because its nice to have something different on the table then a crap ton of boats. A little Dogfighting is nice too.

Also did a little googleing and noticed the FW rippers, they are so getting used as razorwing. Much nice model too imo. Looks far more manageable now.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 16:19

I used the space wolves wolves as the chimera
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 18:32

Good idea, was going to buy something from WHFB for em. I guess with a few spare 'nid / spawn pieces you could convert those quiet well.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21 2013, 19:47

imop. the fantasy dire wolves look pretty good and could easily be painted to look like warp wolves.

I just really like the space wolf ones as they are really easy to put together and there were basically no mold lines.
Back to top Go down
Soulshade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 07:23

Ok had a few practise games now and the list is pretty solid.

thanks for the help guys. Time to get the paint brush out and buy the beasts squad silent 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament list   1750 Tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament list
Page 1 of 1