THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers and enemy quad gun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Reavers and enemy quad gun Empty
PostSubject: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 09:14

Is there anything stopping a unit of Reavers turbo-boosting on from reserve and finishing next to enemy quad gun and firing it?

Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 09:53

Yes, Turbo Boosting is done INSTEAD of firing. N othing stopping them using it next turn though.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 09:58

"....following the normal rules for shooting." Damn lol

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 10:19

commandersasha wrote:
Yes, Turbo Boosting is done INSTEAD of firing. N othing stopping them using it next turn though.

Either in their own next turn or in the opponents, if he brings anything on from reserve. Got to love Intercepting enemy units with their own quadgun!

Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 16:26

Somewhat related question that has came up in one of my games recently.

Since the quadgun is more than 1" wide - what happens with models from both armies (my opponent's and my own) are in base contact with it?

During each of our own shooting turns, can we both shoot it like a normal gun emplacement?

Can one of us use it to Intercept the other's flyer and (if yes to previous question) prevent the person from using it in their own shooting phase (per interceptor rule)?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 16:41

Unholyllama wrote:
Since the quadgun is more than 1" wide - what happens with models from both armies (my opponent's and my own) are in base contact with it?  
Both players have the possibility to fire it.

Unholyllama wrote:
During each of our own shooting turns, can we both shoot it like a normal gun emplacement?
Yes.

Unholyllama wrote:
Can one of us use it to Intercept the other's flyer and (if yes to previous question) prevent the person from using it in their own shooting phase (per interceptor rule)?
This is actually an interesting question - I would submit that it doesn't work, but a lot of people argue that it does.

The basic gist is this - Interceptor being used (in the enemy movement phase) prevents the weapon from being fired in the following *turn*.

Turn is defined as Player Turn - meaning there is nothing preventing the following flow of events;
1. During enemy movement phase you fire the weapon via Interceptor.
2. He fires the weapon in his shooting phase, since this is the same turn, nothing prevents this.
3. You cannot fire the weapon in your shooting phase, since it's the next turn.

That's how I understand it.

Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 20:33

Thor665 wrote:

Unholyllama wrote:
This is actually an interesting question - I would submit that it doesn't work, but a lot of people argue that it does.

The basic gist is this - Interceptor being used (in the enemy movement phase) prevents the weapon from being fired in the following *turn*.

Turn is defined as Player Turn - meaning there is nothing preventing the following flow of events;
1. During enemy movement phase you fire the weapon via Interceptor.
2. He fires the weapon in his shooting phase, since this is the same turn, nothing prevents this.
3. You cannot fire the weapon in your shooting phase, since it's the next turn.

That's how I understand it.

I agree with it. Very specialized scenario but if both players are on it (and not engaged in combat) the turn following the interceptor shot is fired, then it also means that your opponent can't fire interceptor for your reserves.

Way too specific of a scenario but still good to know.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers and enemy quad gun   Reavers and enemy quad gun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers and enemy quad gun
Page 1 of 1