THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

thinking of returning to 40k

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xambrien
Slave

thinking of returning to 40k  Empty
PostSubject: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22 2013, 21:51

I quit playing in December, mainly   because I couldn't stand what the changes that the current edition did to my beloved wwp & Hellion lists. While I quit playing (switched to malifaux awesome game by the way) I have stayed abreast of any changes. The thing is my DE keep staring at me from the shelf, their dusty shoulders making me feel guilty for not giving those sadistic little bastards the love they need.

We have a 2000 pt league starting up soon, and a couple of my friends are !desperatly trying to get me to play. I threw together this list & I figured I would go to the experts & see what you guys think.

2000 pts.

Baron Sathonyx (w/beasts)

Farseer w/jet bike, shard (w/beasts)

6 Wind riders w/2 shurricannons

6 Wind riders w/2 shurricannons

5 Wyches w/hwg
Venom w/2 splintercannons & grisly trophies

5 Wyches w/hwg

5 Wyches w/hwg

5 Beastmasters
w/9 Khymera & 6 Razorwing flocks

9 Reavers w/Champion
Champion w/venom blade
3 w/heatlances

9 Reavers w/Champion
Champion w/venomblade
3 w/heatlances

Ravager w/3 darklances & nightshields

2000 pts on the dot

So what do my dark brethren think?
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 12:03

Looks like a who's who of gladiatorial nastiness, I like it! Having only just started fielding wyches again myself after being put off by overwatch and strength four vehicle explosions, my faith has been renewed. Yes, they suffer from the changes, maybe more so than anything else in our entire army, but they're still great when/if they get there. A couple of squads in transports with haywire grenades will still wreck a vehicle (as long as they don't get downed by indirect firing Guardsmen - god I hate them!)

Shard wielding jetseer with the Baron and Beasts is a popular choice, it's one that you can't really seem to go wrong with. Personally I get more excited by the Mantle Of The Laughing God, but that's just because like fielding "fly in the ointment" style units (I've also considered fielding an Autarch with a fusion gun, Swooping Hawk wings and Faolchu's Wing for turn two tank popping hilarity!) The Shard seems like a good choice, especially as this unit will see combat and it might actually let the Farseer kill something! Most people seem to max out the number of Khymerae in the unit, but I too prefer the Razorwings for their frankly obscene number of rending attacks and the mental imagery of them rushing a squad and pecking them to death Twisted Evil 

There's a lot of jetbikes, which is always good to see. If you end up playing the Scouring your opponents will have a really tough time against you trying to close down your scoring units, so I've got my fingers crossed for you there!

Don't be too hard on the Hellions, they're too pretty to not field! You have faster moving scoring units in the list anyway, but I actually went Hellion crazy after sixth hit, fielded them with the Baron for the first time the other day and loved them. I didn't actually do very much with them - paranoia about them being cursed by being used for the first time meant I wouldn't commit them to an assault or move out of cover - but when they did get charged, they held their own, smacked down a Wolf Guard then performed a hit and run to shoot another squad in the back, in true DE fashion! They just don't work out of a Webway Portal anymore, but then nothing does. Good luck, and keep the faith!
Back to top Go down
xambrien
Slave

PostSubject: Re: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 11:08

thanx for the response, mister! It's just hard to keep the faith when you see the unbalanced filth that is Space Marines, Necrons & Tau. Don't get me wrong, I know the dark kin have always been a finesse army, in fact I've been playing them exclusively since 3rd edition, but c'mon man! You gives us these toys to play with and then make them useless. It's frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 14:29

I think sixth boosted some stuff and made some stuff worse for us, in some cases within the same unit. The hull point system actually favours us, for example, as our vehicles could already be made useless by small arms fire. Hammer of Wrath for Hellions, Scourges and Reavers is also pretty good. And whilst there might be some lists out there that really intimidate us, that just makes it all the sweeter when we beat them!
Back to top Go down
xambrien
Slave

PostSubject: Re: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 14:40

Couldn't agree more. As the old saying goes "@^*$ in one hand, & wish in the other, then see what ya got in your hands!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinking of returning to 40k    thinking of returning to 40k  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thinking of returning to 40k
Page 1 of 1