THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain Tokens for those who fled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Pain Tokens for those who fled Empty
PostSubject: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 07:28

Do we get pain tokens in the situation, when enemy unit fails its moral check and flees from battle right after we shoot at it?
Or when unit lose close combat and runs away from the board and we can't catch them?
Technically the unit is destroyed right after we attacked it, so I think we deserve a pain token.
On the other side, someone could say that you didn't kill the unit, it fled just because failed moral check. And you lost a chance to kill survivors, so they ran away.
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 07:43

I think we get the pain token if any of the enemy models touch the edge of the table when they fall back. From that point the enemy unit is considered "destroyed". We do not get a pain token if the unit falls back but remains on the table.
We can also trap them by cutting off the escape route by fencing the enemy between impassable terrain and our unit, disallowing them from completing the fall back move. Trouble is, impassable terrain is something that has never featured in any of my games yet and is probably pretty rare.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 12:30

If they break from combat and you cut them down, then yes you get a pain token. If they run off the board (i.e. they rolled higher than you did) then no. Note that the rule in the codex is phrased not in terms of what happens to the enemy unit, but rather to the DE unit. The condition for getting a pain token is not that an enemy unit is destroyed, but rather that your unit destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 12:33

Actually, you might want to check the FAQ before you say that:

Q: If a unit with the Power from Pain special rule destroys an enemy unit, does it gain a pain token no matter how the unit was destroyed? For example the resultant explosion from shooting at a vehicle wipes out an enemy unit. (p25)
A: Yes.

So if you cause a unit to break and it runs off the table (counting as destroyed, as per Pg 30 of the rulebook) then you would still get the pain token.

Seelenberührer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 13:07

Oof. Oops. Okay, then. I need to be better at keeping up with FAQs... Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens for those who fled   Pain Tokens for those who fled I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain Tokens for those who fled
Page 1 of 1