THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar - only a year away?

Go down 
+28
Skulnbonz
Widowlander
Talos
Barking Agatha
DingK
Sky Serpent
Dirtydeeds
Cavash
KiriONE
GrenAcid
Expletive Deleted
Jehoel
Elzadar
Gobsmakked
Dogmar
Crazy_Ivan
Nappen
Bibitybopitybacon
The Red King
MurDok
Azdrubael
Evil Space Elves
Fidra
Count Adhemar
Thor665
Cavalier
Siticus the Ancient
Panic_Puppet
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07 2013, 21:30

I dont need a new codex, although I wouldn't put up a struggle.

A mandrake revamp is all I want for christmas :-)
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07 2013, 23:57

I'd be happy with, "Units that cannot be sweeping advanced are instead captured as slaves. And removed from play."
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 01:25

Expletive Deleted wrote:
I'd be happy with, "Units that cannot be sweeping advanced are instead captured as slaves. And removed from play."
affraid  Im lovin it, but the rage from marine players would be soo big GW never gona somthing like that to happend.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 13:40

Elzadar wrote:
I think the venom losing its flickerfield would be fair though. And we can certainly use an upgrade for our vehicles that denies the enemy's overwatch like in the Chaos book.
I disagree. At it's current point level you are already paying for the FF, with only 2 HP and 10 Armor all around, it is super fragile and a 5+ invul is not huge. It only comes stock with 6 STR- AP5 shots that wound on a 4+. To go to 12 is an upgrade is an upgrade.

And you have to buy either too expensive small (read easy to kill) gunboat units or wracks or a suicide squad of wyches to get them.

If they dropped the cost and made it an option, that would be fair, otherwise, I believe it is a pretty fair deal now.
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 14:20

Hey all, made an account because I recently started a DE army.  But that's also why I'm posting.

I was recently in a U.S. GW shop and while I was at the hobbying table I noticed a guy with a GW sweatshirt who wasn't one of the normal staffers there and we got talking.  Turns out he was from GW corporate (U.S. side), pretty cool dude, not what I would expect from a corporate guy.  

Anyway, I was talking about how I started the DE army because I figured with the way the codices were being published (6 out this year + supplements) it seemed natural that DE would come out sometime in 2014.  He said that with WHFB 9th coming out, I shouldn't hold on out expecting DE in any part of 2014.  He said at best it would be the end of 2014.  This is obviously rumor but it was coming from a GW corporate guy, so that's good enough for me but then again who knows how high up this guy is.

With what we've seen with Tyranids (Dec rumors became January) I'd say January 2015 might be when that codex comes out.  January is supposedly a historically bad month for GW since everyone splurges around the holidays.

Again, rumors.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 16:10

KiriONE wrote:
Hey all, made an account because I recently started a DE army.  But that's also why I'm posting.

I was recently in a U.S. GW shop and while I was at the hobbying table I noticed a guy with a GW sweatshirt who wasn't one of the normal staffers there and we got talking.  Turns out he was from GW corporate (U.S. side), pretty cool dude, not what I would expect from a corporate guy.  

Anyway, I was talking about how I started the DE army because I figured with the way the codices were being published (6 out this year + supplements) it seemed natural that DE would come out sometime in 2014.  He said that with WHFB 9th coming out, I shouldn't hold on out expecting DE in any part of 2014.  He said at best it would be the end of 2014.  This is obviously rumor but it was coming from a GW corporate guy, so that's good enough for me but then again who knows how high up this guy is.

With what we've seen with Tyranids (Dec rumors became January) I'd say January 2015 might be when that codex comes out.  January is supposedly a historically bad month for GW since everyone splurges around the holidays.

Again, rumors.

This only confirmed our suspicions so far
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 16:51

So, redshirts, blackshirts...sweatshirts... Wink
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 22:44

I'm really feeling 2015 as more likely myself.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 02:10

On the delay of the characters; I think they are maybe getting resculpted to be cast into plastic rather than finecast. Does anyone else think this is likely?
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 02:30

We can only hope...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 13:03

From my experience the GW employees have even less knowledge about rumours than we do.

I'd say 2015, if we're not forgotten about again.

Anyhow, I really like our current codex and haven't found it difficult to adapt to slaughter all of these ridiculous combinations GW have been making possible. I'd rather have GW get rid of allies and the whole "Let's be friends" mentality, give us a codex to get us in line with some of the others (but not OP) and have somebody beat some sense into them.
It's still a good codex, the more recent ones have just been too strong in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 18:08

I could see everything in the codex getting a point decrease. IItseems to be a trend with recent releases.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 19:23

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/eight-release-months-for-40k-in-2014.html

Some new rumours on Natfka, these murmurs would put us at around September...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 20:11

And our version of "spam" is in the form of an ap 5 poison weapon that would only wound on a 4+. Wave serpents could smash vehicles (especially ours) and most units into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 20:36

Sky Serpent wrote:

If the article is right and they intend to do 2:1 40k releases, then we could see a codex as early as July. I still wouldn't expect it until 2015, but the earlier the better. Don't get me wrong, I love our codex, but I wouldn't mind having some units that can deal with some of these new threats. At least one reliable non-ally AA option. Plus that means new models and dataslate goodness probably.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2013, 18:18

Expletive Deleted wrote:
Sky Serpent wrote:

If the article is right and they intend to do 2:1 40k releases, then we could see a codex as early as July. I still wouldn't expect it until 2015, but the earlier the better. Don't get me wrong, I love our codex, but I wouldn't mind having some units that can deal with some of these new threats. At least one reliable non-ally AA option. Plus that means new models and dataslate goodness probably.

I want my Voidraven >:C

and that one is also to come along with the new codex
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2013, 18:45

Expletive Deleted wrote:
Sky Serpent wrote:

July? GW would never do all 40K in a row, at least not exclusively. Wood Elves and Dwarves are rumoured for WFB, as well as 9th edition. So October at the earliest, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2013, 21:46

Sky Serpent wrote:

Have you noticed that the article on Natfka is actually KiriONE's post above of 9th December, word for word? I think I can guess at Natfka's source...

How quickly things change. It was only in April we were arguing that a new DE Codex would probably be coming out either late 2014 or early 2015, and the consensus was that no, there would be no DE Codex for 6th edition at all, and it would probably be another 10 years or so before we saw one, and we didn't need or want one anyway. Now we're wondering whether it will be in 2014 or not until 2015, and none of us can wait!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18 2013, 21:48

I can Wink
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 01:12

Barking Agatha wrote:
Sky Serpent wrote:

Have you noticed that the article on Natfka is actually KiriONE's post above of 9th December, word for word? I think I can guess at Natfka's source...

How quickly things change. It was only in April we were arguing that a new DE Codex would probably be coming out either late 2014 or early 2015, and the consensus was that no, there would be no DE Codex for 6th edition at all, and it would probably be another 10 years or so before we saw one, and we didn't need or want one anyway. Now we're wondering whether it will be in 2014 or not until 2015, and none of us can wait!

Wait... that was a consensus? Lol
This isn't the 90s anymore. There are a horde (pun intended) of other mini companies snapping at their heels. They can't afford to leave a recently recast army languishing on the store shelves just because they can't be bothered to update the rules.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 05:45

I think that you may be confused. Understandably, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 15:39

Pumped my rumor made it on there! never really expected it to show up there. But again, it's a huge rumor and the comment I got (again this was just a casual conversation) was most likely speculation on the GW corporate guy also. To me however, his speculation would be a lot better than my own.

Again, I don't know how high up he was, after all I don't know if any real decision makers are the types to have to make visits to stores around the country (he was on a trip visiting multiple stores, this particular store was in the Northeast where no other stores are nearby literally within hundreds of miles, you can probably guess which one...). More to that, I don't know if guys like him are eve privy to release schedule or grand master plans.

I do personally believe the earliest we could see a codex is late 2014, as I said November feels like a possibility but not December since December moves inventory regardless of release (ugh "holiday bundles"). I'm in the camp that it could be one of the first releases of 2015.

It obviously hinges on how big of a WHFB year GW plans on making it, one of Natfka's newest rumors actually says no 9th Ed in 2014. I think that might be a misinterpretation of a GW digital comment. The language used is:

Quote :
but we wouldn't be releasing a new book to have it become redundant soon after.

Emphasis on NEW BOOK. A interactive digital release of a rulebook is technically new, but the book is not. This is also GW we're talking about. They know people seem to like the digital releases, so why WOULDN'T they release a digital version. Who want to carry a textbook everywhere. Even if it means people having to get a new one. Money is money for them.

Anyway, I'm sorta off topic here.

All in all, as I said I had recently started a DE army so for me it just means my army will be larger by the time a new codex drops. I do empathize with players who have been playing DE for years and feel that it needs some tweaking, not because the codex itself is stale on its own, but because other 6th Edition codexes have been pretty strong at release. I originally play DA and after seeing how other codexes have been handled, I'm already looking forward to the next edition of that codex (but it'll probably be the same junk that 6th ed was).
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 19:49

KiriONE wrote:

Again, I don't know how high up he was, after all I don't know if any real decision makers are the types to have to make visits to stores around the country (he was on a trip visiting multiple stores, this particular store was in the Northeast where no other stores are nearby literally within hundreds of miles, you can probably guess which one...).  More to that, I don't know if guys like him are eve privy to release schedule or grand master plans.  

Those decisions are made in Nottingham, and not by sales execs, although their 'input' is supposedly taken into account, which is probably part of the reason for those visits. On the other hand, they do have to know what the company's future plans are in order to do their job, so your guy must have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Even if he could tell you though, he could not tell you, because at this point the plan would not look anything like 'Dark Eldar codex release on 18th October 2014'. It would be more like '2 major releases on Q4 2014, tentatively Dark Eldar and X, or X and Y, and 3 releases for Q1 2015, tentatively including the Dark Eldar codex in the event that we do not release it on the preceding quarter.'

And then again anything could happen. Maybe they need 3 releases for Q3 2014 but something goes wrong with say, Blood Angels, and work on the Dark Eldar is far enough advanced, so they push DE forward to cover the missing Q3 release. Or sales of Orks in Q3 are disappointing and Marketing expresses concern that DE will be similar, so they get pushed back and replaced with some form of Space Meringues to make up the profits. Or the contrary, Orks sell so well that Marketing decides to double down on them and push the DE back, replacing their spot with more Ork stuff. Or someone in Marketing discovers that girls aren't icky and we get Sisters of Battle.

KiriONE wrote:

All in all, as I said I had recently started a DE army so for me it just means my army will be larger by the time a new codex drops.  I do empathize with players who have been playing DE for years and feel that it needs some tweaking, not because the codex itself is stale on its own, but because other 6th Edition codexes have been pretty strong at release.  I originally play DA and after seeing how other codexes have been handled, I'm already looking forward to the next edition of that codex (but it'll probably be the same junk that 6th ed was).  

I have to disagree that 6th ed is junk, I think it's actually pretty good. I don't think our current codex works out too badly either, it's just become a bit dull by comparison with the new ones. You can play with it and you can win, and you still get a few satisfying moments with your Archon and her Huskblade, but overall it just doesn't feel as dark eldar-y any more.

Oh, and by the way...

Thor665 wrote:
I can Wink

You will too, won't you, you recalcitrant and bloody-minded super-writer, you! Smile
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 19:56

Oh the junk part was referring specifically to the DA codex, sorry I was a little confusing with that.

Since starting my DE army I've had a lot of fun with the codex more so than DA (which is much much newer). But as I said, I can understand players (yourself it looks like) who have been around and feel that the codex is starting to age, and just needs something different, but perhaps not better. Late 2014 here we come!
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20 2013, 15:00

I would welcome a new codex. The current one leaves a lot to be desired, and there is tons of thing that could be done to improve our current dex.
I miss having good hq:s, and I miss the sensible coasted dark lances, and good anti tank in general. back in the days we used to eat tanks for breakfast, and complain that there wasn't enough of them to keep us till lunch. I also like the old style fluff there we were a dark mystery, like the Tortures tale discussed here not long ago.

Perhaps we can get our old codex back?
Just add flyers, beastpacks , venoms and some anti air and it will be fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar - only a year away?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next