THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar - only a year away?

Go down 
+28
Skulnbonz
Widowlander
Talos
Barking Agatha
DingK
Sky Serpent
Dirtydeeds
Cavash
KiriONE
GrenAcid
Expletive Deleted
Jehoel
Elzadar
Gobsmakked
Dogmar
Crazy_Ivan
Nappen
Bibitybopitybacon
The Red King
MurDok
Azdrubael
Evil Space Elves
Fidra
Count Adhemar
Thor665
Cavalier
Siticus the Ancient
Panic_Puppet
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20 2013, 15:26

Talos wrote:
I miss having good hq:s, and I miss the sensible coasted dark lances, and good anti tank in general. back in the days we used to eat tanks for breakfast, and complain that there wasn't enough of them to keep us till lunch. I also like the old style fluff there we were a dark mystery,  like the Tortures tale discussed here not long ago.

uhm how was the old codex eating tanks? o.O
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20 2013, 15:40

Agonizes coursed glancing hits, wyches had blasters, 10 warrriors could have 2 dark lances, all sergeants had access to highwire grenades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20 2013, 15:43

Talos wrote:
Agonizes coursed glancing hits, wyches had blasters, 10 warrriors could have 2 dark lances, all sergeants had access to highwire grenades.

agonisers glancing hits?  affraid that makes no sense fluffwise o.O

and haywire grenades for scourges would be nice, would make them worthwhile to take in my list
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2013, 12:32

Elzadar wrote:
Talos wrote:

and haywire grenades for scourges would be nice, would make them worthwhile to take in my list

With today fluff for agonizers yes....with the old one? not so sure(ont have dex in my hands right now.. ill check later)
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22 2013, 11:55

GrenAcid wrote:
Elzadar wrote:
Talos wrote:

With today fluff for agonizers yes....with the old one? not so sure(ont have dex in my hands right now.. ill check later)

I just checked, fluff-wise they're still the same. How strange.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22 2013, 12:21

TBH every time i counted for that glance hit form agonizer I failed miserably....so no big loss, granades were and are more reliable... Funny thing is SM and I think Tau sergeants have some options like melta bombs and emp(tau) but no eldar.....I bet orks can have some stiki-antitank bomb or something.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22 2013, 16:16

GrenAcid wrote:
TBH every time i counted for that glance hit form agonizer I failed miserably....so no big loss, granades were and are more reliable... Funny thing is SM and I think Tau sergeants have some options like melta bombs and emp(tau) but no eldar.....I bet orks can have some stiki-antitank bomb or something.

emp for tau is the same as haywire for wyches. So not sergeant only. Tau also don't have meltabombs, so emp/haywire is the only way to go for tau troops.
Back to top Go down
Widowlander
Slave
Widowlander

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 16:06

Well, considering that the Tyranids codex has released with almost universal disappointment one might be a bit concerned about the future of our vampiric eldar. But to GWs credit, most of the codexes have been very good, Chaos Marines and now Tyranids not included. But the Tau have risen to Godlike levels and the Eldar are a nice solid army too. The new SM dex was solid and personally satisfying. Daemons, I'd contend, again is another solid dex. So, we know its going to happen. I'm for the mindset of staying hopeful and positive about the release.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 19:48

That disappointment with the new Tyranid codex is going to turn around in a month or two. It's really just the old codex with a makeover and a lot of new bling, which is about what all of us can expect. I think that maybe some Tyranid players were expecting the Tau treatment, were disappointed that they didn't get it, and the idea that 'tyranids now suck' just took off. Watch it fade away and be forgotten as Tyranids do reasonably well in actual games.

For ourselves, a lot of us have said that our current codex still works well and we don't need a sea change. I'd expect a nip here, a tuck there, a boost for the saggy bits, points adjustments, and lots of shiny new bling ('ooh, wyches have this rule now?' 'agonizers do what now?' 'hallucinogen grenades work how now?' 'vector dancer too? that's nice'). Stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 20:17

Ah yes, 10 warriors with 2 dark lances = 100 points. Those were the days!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 00:21

Give me wyches that can do something in assault, wont get butchered by overwatch when charging, and transports that wont blow up taking 75% of their passengers with them and I'd be happy. I hate how wyches are only suicide bombers now. It's not what I signed up for when I got my wych cult at the end of fifth.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 18:16

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
Give me wyches that can do something in assault, wont get butchered by overwatch when charging, and transports that wont blow up taking 75% of their passengers with them and I'd be happy. I hate how wyches are only suicide bombers now. It's not what I signed up for when I got my wych cult at the end of fifth.

I don`t agree.
I run almost all-wyches army and doing preyyt well. In our local tournament i even wipe out Tau player with high number of Crisis battlesuits and fire warriors.

Overwatch isn`t that scary as it seems to be in the begining of 6th edition.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24 2014, 18:41

A random thought I had that no one has even thought to mention.

The Tormentor Helm.

I'd like it to do...anything at all.
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Hellion
whiskeytango

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25 2014, 09:10

A few things I think would be nice to see, mostly just to keep in line with 6ths design philosophy:

- a new shooting unit, or access to more ranged weaponry for the units we already have. The codex has so many close combat units, but really shooty ones are basically reduced to kabalites, true born, and scourges, only two of which seem see a whole lot of use. Going back to kabalite squads being able to have two heavy weapons, or maybe in throwing haywire blasters, or DCs on something other than raiders or ravages.

- AA options. This is practically a given.

- Less fragile vehicles, or perhaps special rules for them more in line with 6ths abundance of ignores cover weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25 2014, 14:31

I want to assault out of WWPs.

I want to survive a vehicle explosion...though really, why would we, other than to stay competitive...half naked warriors in a burning ball of fire...I guess we could equate it to close combat and say they get thier 4+ invul...otherwise not sure how their dexterity can help.

I am tired of seeing entire flocks of razorwings die to instant death from a S6 weapon...5 wounds from one shot....

Make FF stock on all our vehicles.

Don't mess with my reavers...please, please, please...unless you make them troops if I take specific HQs.

Oh, and make mandrakes good...they are such cool models.

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25 2014, 15:19

I would quite like:

Assault from WWP.

Vehicles from WWP.

Mandrakes that are useful (maybe assault from Infiltrate? Or poison weapons?)

Grenades that cause Fear.

Just to make things interesting, a psyker strapped into a pain engine.

Oh, and I'd +1 to don't touch Reavers (unless they're given a better basic save).

As the likely-hood is that any new book with come with unique command traits, I'd like to put in desires for:
> bonus to stealing the initiative (like Vect's, but without needing Vect).
> choosing to use night fight (or a bonus to the roll one way or another).
> bonus VPs for capturing slaves, because I always loved that rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25 2014, 23:32

What's a torment's helm Thor666? you forget that there are many young Archon's on here lol. Plus ditto with what Squidmaster said.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 00:30

MurDok wrote:
What's a torment's helm Thor666? you forget that there are many young Archon's on here lol.  Plus ditto with what Squidmaster said.

Imagine the mandiblaster from the Striking Scorpions.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 04:32

Oh snap!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 07:33

MurDok wrote:
What's a torment's helm Thor666? you forget that there are many young Archon's on here lol.  Plus ditto with what Squidmaster said.
Well, in the old dex it was a helmet with a pistol on it.

In the new dex it is described in fluff only as unleashing waves of terror straight into a victim's brain as the Incubi charge...but within game it has no effect at all.

It sounded like it was going to have some sort of Banshee Mask like effect or something, but I feel like the rule was scrubbed while the flavor text remained. I'd like them to at least still do something.
Back to top Go down
Reaver
Slave
Reaver

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 20:29

Thor665 wrote:
The Tormentor Helm.

I'd like it to do...anything at all.
Maybe it could count as assault grenades.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 21:24

Not to go all Warseer and that but this thread seems to have gone the way of the wishlist and since we have an identical topic happening in DE General I'll be closing this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar - only a year away?   New Dark Eldar - only a year away? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar - only a year away?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3