THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar War Walker Equivalent?

Go down 
+2
Thor665
MurDok
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

Eldar War Walker Equivalent? Empty
PostSubject: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 04:32

Do we have anything that would be better than a War Walker Squadron. I was thinking they would be useful against those flying critters if given the Krak missile upgrade, plus scout seems like it might be handy with this unit. Is the walker the Eldar version of a "Dreadnaught" lol? It just seems like it could be a good cheap mobile weapon platform if taken as part of an allied detachment.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 04:55

I would say our equivalent of a War Walker squadron...is taking allies and taking a War Walker squadron Wink

But, no, we really do not have any sort of light cheap vehicle with that sort of firepower. Probably the closest equivalent would actually be a Ravager, but that's not even all that equivalent.

Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 22:33

Okay fair enough, what would you load the sqaud up with? Scatter & Lance, Scatter & Starshot, or something entirely different. For that matter is it even worth it to take Flak missles as an upgrade vs flyers?

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2013, 02:00

I think Flak are pretty suboptimal on Eldar vehicles.
Both the Lance and Starcannon combo well with a Scatter Laser, the choice between them sort of depends on the rest of your list and what role you need them to fill.

Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 01:33

Thank you very much for the great information thus far, would it be waste full to give them ghost walk matrix and holo fields? Seems like they would make good hit and run units.

Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 10:43

two really decent load outs on war walkers:
scatter and scatter or lance and lance.
the lance and lance option is daft for an allied detachment though, we should just take ravagers/reavers/blasterborn instead.

the double scatter laser pumps out huge amounts of firepower, mowing infantry and light vehicles down.
the high ROF is great for dealing with light flyers too, you're bound to roll a couple of 6's.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 20:00

I could use war walker if it has some AA option(other that over-priced missiles)

That would be cool, but we need them in squadrons.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 21:12

well you get 24 shots off a squadron of 3 with scatter lasers. if you twin link them with guide/prescience with your allied farseer then that flier is going down!!
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 03:41

Never thought of it like that, they do seem pretty dang handy.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 09:38

csjarrat wrote:
well you get 24 shots off a squadron of 3 with scatter lasers. if you twin link them with guide/prescience with your allied farseer then that flier is going down!!
Just watch out for AV12 though as they're much harder to shoot down. In fact, that entire squadron of War Walkers with twin-linked weapons is still only likely to do a single Hull Point to an AV12 flyer. Sad 

GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 23:55

csjarrat wrote:
I never had in mind any farseer, my point was to have some kind of DE walker, propably in Heavy slot. Make him AA hunter and Im gonna buy 3....he have to be good to compete with other options and AA platform make him usefull for us.(as well as make money to gw)

Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 03:52

actually a few venoms with Dual SCs that has like 3 truborn each armed with SCs.. Thats a lot of shots with light armor so its sorta like a Warwalker squad if you ask me. and its got great range ranged.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 15:43

@up
And how they gonna do against flyier? not so good I think.

Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 15:46

well, more in terms of lots of shots. I think thats more like a Vyper squad actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar War Walker Equivalent?   Eldar War Walker Equivalent? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar War Walker Equivalent?
Page 1 of 1