THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Formations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 09:58

So, being a Tauist and Commorite at the same time, and hating all things imperial look a good xenos should, I am always looking at ways of combining these two things to cause misery to the Empire of Man. Hence, without much of a segue, I am looking at the formation options instead of running allies mostly because of the allies tax.

The Tau Cadre Firebase (riptide and broadsides) looks like a lot of fun to add in to bolster our tank busting capabilities and basically to draw fire away from our squishy units and focusing on what we do well which is kill stuff up close. Obviously it is a costly addition (600 odd points) but locally we are playing 1850 so I think its worth it.

I see it looking something like:

Baron 105
Wyches in raiders (3 x 10 with HWG)
Hellions 10 +
Reavers 9 +
Beasts as big as you can fit

then add the Tau. Would need to look at points but what do we think?

On top of that, what formations are likely to come down the line, and will we even see one or will it be held off until we get updated? The eldar ones look nasty as well so there may be options there. The other options are of course with stronghold assault, chucking down LOS blocking scenery for cheap, as was stated in another post.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 17:42

Problem with that is that the Tau formation has no markerlight support on it's own. It's still useful but not so much as it might appear at first glance.

the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 09:53

ok, could be a nuisance. still would look fun tho, loading up a DE army and throwing down a riptide. i guess adding marker drones significantly increases the points cost. hmm, will have to think more about it. apart from the obvious apoc formations, will there be DE before a new dex?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 09:59

You can add up to 6 marker drones to each Broadside unit in the formation but unless you take Target Locks on the Broadsides they'd have to fire at the same target which is likely to be a waste.

hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 10:54

40k as a whole has drifted so far from what it used to be fluffwise.

Does anyone else remember a time when you played an army, not when you played one model as your entire army.

Perhaps a time when you played a race, rather that playing the best bits of 3 or 4 different armies using things like these formations, and even allies to a lesser extent.

Or when blood angels fought necrons, not fistbumped them after they join forces -.-

Or even a time when close combat existed? :L

I'm already just sitting here hoping they bring a functional expansion to the table, and this one has barely begun. Perhaps 7th ed will bring back something worth playing this game for, because this power creep is just growing out of control. Its not even remotely balanced :L

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 08:28

hmm, not sure how to answer this one. I like tau and DE, and I like playing them both at the same time if and when I can. I rarely do because allies doesn't work for this combination, but these formations seems like a way I can do that. Nothing more. Not sure if that offends, its not meant to, I was just interested to see what the consensus was on these and other options. It will be interesting to see other formations and what they do down the track.

Formations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations   Formations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formations
Page 1 of 1