THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Three CTC formations

Go down 
+3
Jimsolo
CptMetal
zergavas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

Three CTC formations Empty
PostSubject: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 18:28

Have anyone ever tried to field 3 CTC´s at the same time?

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 18:33

Do you own 15 talos?? O.o

Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 18:35

No, but thinking that if the list is as evil as i think it might be... it would be worth the investment.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 19:03

I've run two. But three is just too much.
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 19:08

how did two work out?

Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 22:38

I've got 6x Talos and 1x Chronos and am running the Dark Artisan along with the Corpsethief Claw. It is ridiculously resilient and lots of fun because of the helpful special rules but naturally it is all very dependent on the results of non-fleet assault throws.
Last week, the CTC failed all assault moves from Turn 2-4 against an Ork army. The turn 2 charge was biggish at 7", but the 4" fail and the 3" fail that followed on subsequent turns were just hilarious. If this chunk of 1,000 points can't get stuck in, it earns me nothing. The Ork trukks and outflanking buggies meanwhile ran rampant aroud me with Maelstrom objective points and I got, basically, out Dark Eldar-ed.
TLDR? Can't recommend 3, mate.

Last edited by DEfan on Sun Jun 05 2016, 01:52; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 22:41

Okay.  My opponent didn't know how to deal, and I won.

Close to 1500 points with only two units is a grim prospect.  A Purge the Alien mission would definitely favor the CTC list, but virtually every other mission is going to put you at a disadvantage.  There's just way too much to go wrong.

If you've got that many DE engines, I think you'd be better served with 5-7 Dark Artisan formations instead of 2-3 CTCs.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 02:03

Jimsolo wrote:

Even though I explain the rules and warn my opponents from letting the CTC get close, 3/4 of them still feed me stuff in hand to hand to nom nom nom on.

Last edited by DEfan on Thu Jun 09 2016, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 03:55

DEfan wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

Even though I explain the rules and warn my opponents from letting the CTC get close, 3/4 of them still feed me stuff in hand to hand to non nom nom on.

Pride bro. Even in little plastic soldiers, guys don't want to look like cowards. Wink

I suffer no such impairment. I don't care if someone pokes fun at me for running away. I'd imagine any decent Tau player would also avoid feeding you. But that's just a guess based on my own personal experiences.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 13:23

My two talos ate two terminator squads and had logan grimnar locked in combat at the end. And that was only turn 2 =D

Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2016, 23:45

I've fielded 2 CTC and a Dark Artisan at 1650p (IIRC) It's SUPER fun, but I wouldnt try it in competitive.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three CTC formations   Three CTC formations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three CTC formations
Page 1 of 1