THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 competative list - no comp tourney

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theredone
Hellion

750 competative list - no comp tourney Empty
PostSubject: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03 2014, 04:54

Hey guys,

possibly going to a 750pt tourney soon and wanted to take a pretty competitive list that can do a bit of everything without being too repetitive. ive come up with the below, let me know what you think?

HQ
Hammy, LG and VB

Elites
3 Blasterborn, Venom extra cannon

Troops
4 wracks, Venom extra cannon, trophies

10 warriors, cannon, Raider

10 warriors, cannon, Raider

raider 3 lances

746 total.

cheers

Last edited by theredone on Sat Jan 18 2014, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03 2014, 17:05

You can only buy 1 LG per 5 Wracks, and one Splinter Cannon per 10 Warriors.

I like it otherwise, once you sort out the special weapons mess. But I'm just a slave, what do I know?
Back to top Go down
theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 00:14

you are correct on both accounts sir, thanks. first attempt at DE list sorry.

ok moving forward, ill drop 1 blasterborn, bring those warriors back up to 10, make the wracks legal(get rid of LG). this leaves me with 19 points to spend. im thinking agonizer on the hammey(instead of VB)? or flesh gauntlet. not much else i can think of doing with the points. or i could leave the VB on the hammy and give raiders and ravager FF just incase i dont have first turn?

not sure

thanks again

red
Back to top Go down
theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 21:16

well played a tester against DA this weekend. beliel, 10 termies, 5 scouts

DA had turn one, i deployed in cover as much as possible (passengers embarked cause i didnt want to eat all that dakka when beliel split shots). termies came down, failed leadership to split shot, immobilized and WD my ravager and that was it.
i then flat out most of my gear away from the deathstar, go kill his scouts, and pepper his termies to death. game was over turn 4. i had lost my ravager and 3 or 4 hullpoints across a few vehicles but that was it.

not sure that this sort of list that i faced gives me much indication as to what my own list can do but it was a very very fun game, first game actually. ill likley just leave the list as is(with FF on vehicles incase of no first turn and tau), and see how i go.
still open to any trimming the fat type suggestions if anyone has any.

thanks again

red
Back to top Go down
Freebirth Scum
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 02:24

About your Ravager, maybe keep it in reserves?

One guy I know who plays Dark Eldar always kept his ravagers in reserve/deep striked them if he went up against any army that went first/had a lot of anti-tank/reserve based army. That way he always had a chance to use it without it being destroyed prematurely.

As for the list, I wish I could help but I'm new to Dark Eldar as well.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08 2014, 18:54

I played against that exact same list last night, guess it's making the rounds. Total disaster on my part. I removed 5 of the terminators but he removed my entire army.  No No 

What do you think helped the most against the terminators? Also, what was your deployment like? Where you bunched up or spread out across the DZ?
Back to top Go down
theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13 2014, 04:56

What do you think helped the most against the terminators?
weight of fire really, just positioning/repositioning and dakka dakka. note the DL's on my raiders consistently plugged a termie each turn for 3 turns(between the 2 of them anyways), was quite the pleasent supprise Smile

Also, what was your deployment like? Where you bunched up or spread out across the DZ?
vanguard(the diagonal one), 4x4 board though, i was turtled up in my corner, his scouts way back in the other corner, he came down as close to my ravager as he could then i turboed as far away as i could in my turn 1, my turn 2 i had a raider move further up to his scouts and toast them and commenced blasting his termies from a distance.

other things that helped.
WL trait was ruins, i used this to my advantage.
He failed his split shot turn one and had targeted my ravager, thus rendering his boltguns useless aiming agains AV11.
Back to top Go down
theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18 2014, 11:23

edited first post to what i took today to tourny.

all in all i think i had a pretty soft list in terms of the eldar and tau lists getting around, but anyways, it was a heap of fun.

game 1, ultras, tiggy, 4 dev cents, 2 5 man scout squads and a thunderfire.
all i can say is thank god i had first turn and put away 2 cents, those things are nasty with tiggy and grav guns/combat tactics and snot. ended on 6 i think it was, primary mission i got minor win, secondary was loss.

game 2 was eldar, autarch, 3 bikes, 5 avengers in serpents, 7 spiders.
fwar the firepower.... i was unable to do much more than a glance here and there on his serpents before he poped anything that could hurt them. got a bit lucky putting 2 wounds on autarch (2 plus re-roll) turn one with weight of fire. he then charge my wracks venom and my hammy LG him to death, the list was stronger than mine and i only scraped in a win through playing the objectives better than my opponent. primary mission i got minor win, secondary was loss.

game 3 was nid,(old) i dont even want to talk about this really.... thought should be a good game, then i got seize on and thought "here we go..." he had 2 tervigons a squad of gaunts, 3 hivegaurd and doom. in 2 turns of all my shooting at his tervigon, i did 1 unsaved wound each turn. both of which he eternal warriored back.... i splatted a hivegaurd and 4 gaunts in there somewhere too.... suffice to say it was a major loss. oh and his hq got outflank, and came in on the side he wanted, the one i didnt.... just horrible, at least with all my low rolling i was able to pass the dooms crap. major loss for me across the board.

game 4 was against pups, 2 preists, 2 squads of 5 greyhunters, 1 of 9 in a pod, longfangs and ADL with QD, though i was in for another thumping after turn 1 i had lost a ravager and 2 venoms, again i played the objectives and my oponent slacked off on them i think, this allowed me to get another minor victory with a loss on secondary.

game 5 was agains another ultras(think i must have played nearly all the marine players there....), he had libby, 3 squads of tacs 2 in razors one in pod and a vindi. he had first turn and did a bit of dmg, i returned and did a bit of dmg in return, i halted his vehicles quite well and felt i had him under the pump a bit so i pounced a bit and just pressued hard for a couple of turns before heading for objectives. ended up tabling him by 5, major win for me!! Smile

all in all i finished mid pack. for my first tourny and only had 3 DE games under my belt going in i think i did alright. ive still got a bit to learn but i dont think tactically there was anything i did that cost me any games. i think i need to optimize list a little and learn to roll better. 2 venoms dont cut it, one goes down very quick with the other to follow shortly there-after. i was worried about all the ignores cover out there so i wanted to find points for FF but truth be told it would not have mattered against the quantity out there. must admit ravager was a good all rounder, i would even consider 2 at this points level, blasterborn and wracks were duds, i was quite supprised with my gunboats, think they outshone most and did well, god it hurts so much when they go pop with 10 guys inside though....

next up i have an 1850 heavily comped event so that might be a good one as my 1850 is even softer(only have 2 venoms...). anyways just thought i would share before i forgot todays events.

red
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 competative list - no comp tourney   750 competative list - no comp tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 competative list - no comp tourney
Page 1 of 1