THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gignoid30
Slave

New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully Empty
PostSubject: New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully   New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10 2014, 09:03

This list is put together not through just thought of tactics but also what I love the look of within the DE codex as I'm just as a big a fan of the building & painting as I am of playing, so please bare that in mind as I'm not trying to make a rinse & repeat tourni list.

HQ: Archon (+agoniser/+PGL/+SF) - 135pts

Elites: x4 Incubi - 153pts
+venon (+Sp Cannon)

Elites: x7 Harlequins - 200pts
(+shadow/+Troupe/+6HK's/+PW)

Troops: x10 Kabalite Warriors (+Sp Cannon) - 190pts
+raider (+Sp Racks/+NS's/+FF)

Troops: x10 Kabalite Warriors (+Sp Cannon) - 190pts
+raider (+Sp Racks/+NS's/+FF)

Troops: x5 Wyches (+HWG's) - 125pts
+Venom (Sp Cannon)

Troops: x10 Kabalite Warriors (+Sp Cannon) - 100pts

Fast Attack: x6 Reavers (+2 Cluster Caltrops) - 172pts

Heavy Support: Ravager (+3DL/+FF) - 115pts

Heavy Support: Ravager (+3DL/+FF) - 115pts

Total:1495pts

Not sure what to do with that remaining 5pts. But here we gooooo, whats peoples thoughts, would appreciate any feed back, I've been working hard an think this might be right balance of fun an comp for my gaming club circle of mates.

Idea is simple the raiders work together as a team, the Reavers slice up as much as possible whilst trying to keep clear of major return fire, Ravagers ravage thing lol, Incubi an Archon get in quick using as much cover as poss an twat the first poor sods to get in the way. The Harlequins dance their way up the board attacking what they come across whilst advancing. Finally the Wyches go for the heaviest hitting dangerous Armour they have a blow it sky high, if not able to just sit back an aid with 12 poison shots as will the venom for the Incubi after dropping them off at the shops.
Back to top Go down
The Shade of Despair
Slave
The Shade of Despair

PostSubject: Re: New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully   New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10 2014, 23:34

Seems dandy too me, it isn't super competitive but then again that's not what your going for either. The changes I would make if I wanted it a bit more competitive would be to give two of the warrior squads blasters instead of splinter cannons as you have AI enough without them and raiders tend to move around quite a lot making the Sp Cannons less effective. I would also add blasters on the reavers instead of cluster caltrops since they rarely achieve more then a blaster would. Personaly I don't think the harlequins are the best elites out there but then again your not going for the most optimal list and they are decent overall. Last five points could be spent on drugs or haywire grenades on the archon.

Hope this helped and best of luck in your upcoming battles!
Back to top Go down
Darkeldar neeb
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully   New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10 2014, 23:45

I'd keep the warriors as is it keeps them to a certain task instead of being tempted by that one blaster shot into a vehicle, and caltrops are amazing upgrades and your most likely to be choosing to turbo boost them instead if shooting. Drugs are 10 points on the archon so the last 5 could go onto retro fire for one of the raiders aslong as there's bit too much intercept I've found them to be an effective unit to clear back field objective holders. Harlequins aren't too bad they just need to steal someone's ride so even if you spend the 5pts in ethersails for a raider have the harlies jump it first turn and flat out they act as a great distraction stick the archon in aswell for fun
Back to top Go down
Gignoid30
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully   New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 09:10

Thanks muchly for the comments guys, the Harlequins are more for flavour as gona paint them up proper evil looking and hopefully people will concentrate some fire on them, well try then feck up when they have to roll 2d6 x2 for the range in inches that they can fire hehehehehe, so only people who'll have a chance is scatters of target shots and close range infantry which by that point....ohhhh dear, assault
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully   New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to DE, Fun list semi-comp, hopefully
Page 1 of 1