THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau Empty
PostSubject: 2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau   2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 14:29

Hey everyone! Me and my friend are playing in a 2000 point (1000 each side) team tournament this weekend! Last yer we got 3rd and plan on taking the win home! Here is our lists, please give me some insight......

Dark Eldar:

Archon- Huskblade, soul trap, shadow field
3x incubi
Venom- cannon 266

10x Warriors- cannon
Raider- flicker field splinter racks

3x 5x Warriors
Venom- cannon 110 (per squad)

Ravager 105

Ravager 105

Tau:
Commander-85
-puretide-15
-cyclic ion cannon-15
-stimulant injector-15pts
-neuroweb jammer-2pts
Drone controller-8pts
-shield generator-25pts
-irridium suit-25pts
-2x marker drones-24pts

3x xv8 crisis battle suits-66pts
3x fusion blasters-45ptS
3x shield generator-75pts

Riptide-180
-ion accelerator-5pts

3x xv88 broadsides-195pts
-2x target lock-10pts
-4x shield drones-48 pts

12x fire warriors-108pts
6x fire warriors- 54pts.

What do you guys think?? Thanks for all the comments as well.
Back to top Go down
dabenzsta08
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau   2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 15:05

with absolutely no other forward threats other than your venom with the incubi, i have a feeling that unit is done turn 1-2 without a doubt. Especially with all the taudar doubles lists out there ( i ran into a bunch this last weekend at a team tourney). Not much your partner can take in tau to be a major forward threat but Im not sure that unit is optimal for your team setup. I dont think the lists are bad I just fear for that unit doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau   2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 21:33

What models do you have access to and can we suggest changes to the tau as well?

I am assuming you are taking incubi as a counter assault unit which is a good concept considering tau are static wet noodles if they reach your lines. That said I would try to keep the unit cheap as possible (including the archon) and actually a beast unit would usually be better unless you see tons of meq.

Also consider making the lonely raider another venom and using the extra pts to put night shields on everything. This will up your durability and force your opponent to move into broadside range if they arent already to exchange fire.

Lastly seriously think about including some wyches. Tau bring plenty of efficient shooting but lack mobility in troops which you provide and assault elements which you could provide (but havent really). Wyches otoh bring haywire for things that are potentially very problematic like super heavy walkers, land raider achilles, etc..

On the tau I am only a tau opponent but he is very low on troops. I would suggest at least one unit of kroot.. 2 even better and give them snipers. This will help deter your opponents from focusing on your troops and allow you to play the missions better.
Back to top Go down
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

PostSubject: Re: 2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau   2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 22:30

hey guys! thanks for the comments and sorry for not responding till now, my friend ended up fitting in a 12 man fire warrior squad and I put NS on everything, the tourney went very well to! we got 4th this year and screwed a bunch of marine armies over haha but thanks for all the comments!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau   2 1000 point team tournament lists  Dark Eldar and Tau I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 1000 point team tournament lists Dark Eldar and Tau
Page 1 of 1