THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gignoid30
Slave

1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 11:04

HQ: Archon (+agoniser/+PGL/+SF/+CD's) - 145pts
+
ELITES: x9 Incubi - 268pts
+Raider (+DL/+AS/+SP)

TROOPS: x10 Kabalite Warriors - 170pts (x2)
+Raider (+DL/+Sp Racks/+NS's)

TROOPS: x5 Wyches (+HWG's) - 125pts
+Venom (+Sp Can)

FAST ATTACK: x10 Hellions (+Hell/+PGL/+Stun Claw) - 195pts

FAST ATTACK: x6 Reavers (+2CC/+2HL) - 196pts

HVY SUPPORT: Ravager (+3DL/+FF) - 115pts (x2)

TOTAL: 1499pts

Would like to know what people think. I'm not interested in it being a "WIN every match" type army as I'm not a power player an don't do tourni's. But I love the models hence the mix and want to have fun at my club, but also still remain partly competitive.

My tactics is to take the incubi up the best covered flank, disembark to a decent location to assault from, then next turn hopefully have my un-used raider take out a piece of armour with a ram to their side armour, whilst my Incubi & archon, butcher through the lines of the enemy force as quick as possible.

The Hellions I'm going to use to whittle down enemy units from cover an jump about to aid other fights an weaken there army's ability to retaliate towards my x2 Raider with Splinter rack warriors. The warriors I will try an move into rapid fire range of single squads an keep line of sight obscured or atleast gain partial cover saves from other units as I work on a single unit, hence the NS's to stop them Rapid firing back.

The Reavers are for multi purpose duty incase the Ravager's go down early to lucky shots, other wise they tear up infantry with Bladevane attacks.

And the Ravagers well that's obvious and the Wyches are going to zoom about shooting un maybe take a late game objective if they don't get needed to Haywire a target Smile

So would people be kind enough to tell me what they think, this is my second ever list and have really tried hard to do the Dark Eldar Proud with my fluffy ways lmao.

Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 15:47

It seems like a nice list to me, though if your opponent knows what they're doing that incubi raider will go down very quickly. The 9 incubi also might make the unit a victim of it's own success, they would be likely to wipe out what they charge in the first round and would suffer from a large amount of fire power to the face because of it.

Flyers might also give you a bit of bother, so if your local meta has a large number of them I'd advise getting one of your own. As it would provide a more reliable way of dealing with it that snap firing your DL's, which was something I had a fair bit of trouble with until I got one. It would also provide you with a bit more anti armour and anti infantry as well, along with a fast way of getting supporting fire where it's needed.

I'm not to sure about the hellions as I haven't had much luck with them myself, I prefer to use a large squad of scourges kitted out with whatever the other army doesn't like. The models also look very nice imo.

Reavers are always great fun and look good too.

Hope that's helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
Gignoid30
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 15:55

Yeah helps loads. Already got x5 hellions so wana see if I can make it work. As for the Incubi my idea is exactly that to wipe a squad a turn, soon as they kill their first that's FNP, an tbh if I took x4-5 they'd survive the combat which mightlast 2 turns, but then be useless after as would likely have suffered 2-3 casualties, this way they totally mince the first assault before any retaliation, maybe as you say take some wounds after, maybe lose 2-3 in shooting, but then lets says theirs 6 left an the archon, easily enough to then munch through another squad. And My Venom is going down the other flank with a raider, and the other raider down the same flank as the incubi, so hopefully providing a lot of disctractions.
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 17:15

Fair enough, if that's what you where going for. I was just a little concerned, with the sheer amount of ap2 and ap3 weapons available these days, as to whether your incubi would survive long enough to get into the next combat. As even with FNP and a 3+ sv your opponent will likely pump alot of fire power into them. I suppose that this could work in your favour as a distraction for the rest of your army to close the distant and do some real damage. But it is a bit expensive and with your archon in there too they'll be looking to grab slay the warlord as well.

If you find hellions not to be terribly good or useful you could always do some minor conversions and use they as a beast masters pack instead.
Back to top Go down
Gignoid30
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 18:42

Cheers dude for the tips. I'm going to try it out cos even if it doesn't work, I can always use the Raider for something else and get another venom an split up the incubi. Hopefully the Hellions will work for what I want, plus if their doing bad I can always stun claw a character off field lmao
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 19:47

No problem mate, hope it works out for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun   1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Noob list, Semi-comp fun
Page 1 of 1