THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sslyth & Lhamaean

Go down 
+25
Lurking Evil
tlronin
Crisis_Vyper
Evil Space Elves
Mike
Urien Rakarth
Local_Ork
Plague
Archon Farath Mure
Kinnay
Baron Tordeck
Saintspirit
TheDuke
Gobsmakked
GAR
Bhariss
Angaurrith
Sorrowshard
Judgex83
DrBored
Fletch
GrenAcid
Nepenthe
Thor665
Sky Serpent
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 21:56

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Too bad they will be in Finecrap. Those are sexy models.

And the Lhamaen will be my new Malys for sure.

Luckily for us, they will be in blisters where we could see them before we buy them. If they are all in one boxed set, then we got something to worry about.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 14:09

Still can't get over the fact that the court has those limits. How cool would it be to load up an Archon and 9 Sslyth in a Raider?!

And -what a suprise- will be looking to convert Lhamaean to Lady Malys. But I still hope GW brings out a model.

Hhmm... Else for the time being I'll just buy and paint a Lhamaean as is and have her count as Malys untill I'm sure there will be no model.

Lurking Evil
Slave
Lurking Evil

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 18:56

I was sort of on the fence about the other two, they were cool and fluffy but the Sslyth especially presented too big of a conversion challenge but now with these two new awesome things coming out I'll probably get one of each for the smallest court allowed.

Yes they're fluffy and the Lhamaean really isn't that useful but fluff is one of the reasons DE are worth playing in my opinion.

Even if I only use them in fun games or if they only sit next to my Archon model and look pretty (And spikey) they still add a nice touch of flavor.

Oh, and I would also like an updated Drazhar model for the same reasoning above. Anything else is just extra win for us as players.

Kabal Of The Blighted Path
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:10

What do people think of the possibility of a SC or two arriving with the Voidraven?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
TheDuke
Hellion
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:31

Gamesworkshop wins my wallet! I love both of them, especially the poisioner. I wasn't going to use a court in my army but now I think I'll just try to squeeze in another 80 odd points in somewhere so I can fit them in. If not then I will just buy them anyway for display.

TheDuke

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 19:58

Sky Serpent wrote:
What do people think of the possibility of a SC or two arriving with the Voidraven?

?

What do you know? Spill the beans... Suspect

TheDuke
Hellion
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 20:09

Sky Serpent wrote:

Oops must of missed this post. I'd say Lady Malys is a definate, mainly because the line currently lacks a model for a Djin Blade so she would fill that gap. (her blade basically is one) Also, concept art for Drazhar's blades were shown at Gamesday Chicago so I'm betting a model for him is in the pipeline.

TheDuke
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 18:08

Sky Serpent wrote:
While everything up to the Voidraven has essentially been confirmed for months, I haven't heard a squeak on anything more. I'd be flabbergasted if they can resist releasing Vect, I think the last time the "big boss" wasn't released was Logan Grimnar in the 2e space wolf codex.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 19:55

Ohhh, I shall be buying the Sslyth and Lhamaean. I do hope the Sslyth is poseable, I want the maximum three for my Court. PROPER bodyguards!

And it would be nice if we could get Voidravens too, that'll complete my birthday wishlist!

Raucir

Hellion
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 20:03

More pics; http://natfka.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-ssyth-and-lhaemon-pics-from-sept.html

Enjoy Smile

TheDuke

Slave
Lurking Evil

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28 2011, 22:21

Nepenthe wrote:
Sky Serpent wrote:
While everything up to the Voidraven has essentially been confirmed for months, I haven't heard a squeak on anything more. I'd be flabbergasted if they can resist releasing Vect, I think the last time the "big boss" wasn't released was Logan Grimnar in the 2e space wolf codex.

I agree and would be surprised if they didn't release some kind of teaser model, whether it's the big man himself or not.

Darn you GW why must you always make me want to make an excuse to buy something and fit it in a list somewhere!

About a month ago I had given up on having a court but now I'm hooked. Same thing for the Voidraven! I didn't want to buy a razorwing (even though I was soo soo tempted) and just say it's a bomber, but now I have no reason not to want!

And when I want something I'll find a way to fit it in my theme/fluff/army whatever will make it work!

Kabal Of The Blighted Path
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 07:43

I've heard something about some sort of calamity during the work on the Voidraven, or something like that, so they needed more time to finish it. Not sure if it's true though.

Anything about release date? The new ogres are up for AO now, so I would guess we'll see the Court guys in just a few weeks.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 11:12

Saintspirit wrote:
I've heard something about some sort of calamity during the work on the Voidraven, or something like that, so they needed more time to finish it. Not sure if it's true though.
It's not, false rumour.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29 2011, 13:00

Very good then!

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04 2011, 19:12

Well, the sslyth and the lhamaean are up for preorder now, and I grabbed two of the laydees and three of the snake boys. Court of nine coming up. Let's hope the gods of failcast treat me right this time, as well.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 10:19

Well, not as lucky as last time. The Lhamaean is all in one piece, and being a rather slim kind of lady, she's very prone to getting bent into a million directions. The dagger through the hair is a nightmare, All of them are pointing in some random direction or half-formed. (I got one of the half-formeds, which I actually don't mind since I'm going to have to do everything already to differentiate these two monopose girls).

The Sslyth is on two sprues, and even the body is in multiple parts. Haven't gone through them yet. I'd guess these are going to be a lot more problematic than the medusa and the ur-ghul.

Also official, I'm not going buy any more finecast models, unless they release a Vect or something absolutely mind-blowing when the Hobbit range hits. Too much hassle, and I always get some whiney redshirt.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 11:41

Oh god, multiple part fin@ca$t models , the horror, the horror.

your chances of getting a completely intact model just got divided by however many parts there are .... and the pointy bone through her her should be sharp and clean and stiff enough to paint , whats the betting If I try and buy one its going to look like she has a horrifically over-boiled carrot in her hair ?

Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 13:33

Sorrowshard wrote:

your chances of getting a completely intact model just got divided by however many parts there are .... and the pointy bone through her her should be sharp and clean and stiff enough to paint , whats the betting If I try and buy one its going to look like she has a horrifically over-boiled carrot in her hair ?
That about describes the effect, yes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 14:11

Ha ha ha. Wow...

You know, those multipart FC models convince me that plastic court would be waaaaay better, for us AND GW.
Ok, let it cost as much as SoM casters (still cheaper than FC), I don't care.
Same with Incubi and some "spiky" characters like Lelith, Chaos-Boyz etc. Resin have few flaws that plastic don't have. Not like I hate resin (In fact, I LOVE it), but when they use it WRONG...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 15:04

Got one each of the Ssyth and Medusae yesterday and assembled both. Luckily the Medusae had not one flaw on her and is a beautiful model.

The Ssyth I had some trouble with; the butt end of the Carbine was off, few flash in the knuckles. All in all pretty good. Unfortunatly, he also came with a 25mm base. I called GW to clarify and they said that the first batch of Ssylth were misspackeged with 25mm base instead of 40mm base. They are mailing me some bases, but warning others not to just try and make the Ssylth fit on the smaller one.

With converting the Ssylth the only thing I really am upset about is that there isn't a 2nd head option with it. Moving the arms around is easy enough and you can always use left over splinter pistols / close combat arms on the Ssylth to make him look a little different. I'm thinking of using the weighted flail from the Wyches when I get my 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 00:40

so the sslyth belong on the same base as the grotesques then? thanks for the info i just got my sslyth today and thought the 25mm was a bit odd.

Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 23:59

Ahh well, both my Sslyth have found their way onto 25mm bases and don't look too bad. Just got to hope it doesn't cause too many problems gaming (who am I kidding, like I'll get a game with them Razz).

Just bought the entire court (my wallet feels like it's a guest at Hotel Urien), this is my first encounter with Finecast and it's not too bad. Had some tidying up to do on one Sslyth, but he's still a bit "fuzzy" in some places but I'm not gonna be able to fix it and it's not too bad. Lhamaean's sword is a bit bendy but again not too bad. Apart from that everything else was perfect. 4/5, not a bad score (if you don't count the 25mm bases).

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Baraccas
Slave
Baraccas

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 05:42

I'm a recent DE convert after seeing the beautiful models and reading the fluff. The way they fleshed out the nature of the Dark Eldar was really a good separation on the way most of the GW lore is.

I would love a dedicated Voidraven but am not sure if I should just get some Razorwings in the mean time. They seem to have a role, but it's the bomber that really appeals to me.

I was 0 for 2 with the early runs of finecast. one was a box of sterguard, the other was a Leilith model that almost caused me not to collect DE it was so bad. Last week my friend picked me up a Heami and an Archon model that I must admit was cast very well. No excuse for pumping out garbage to us for the first wave, most of those models should never had made it to the shelves.

The new court models look very nice and will probably get them all just to put on my shelves even if they don't always make it to the table.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wargamerhub.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sslyth & Lhamaean   Sslyth & Lhamaean - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sslyth & Lhamaean
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3