THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus from a noob

Go down 
+4
Count Adhemar
Zenotaph
Panic_Puppet
YoungArchon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

Duke Sliscus from a noob Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:01

So I've been looking through Tacticas and assorted dark eldar army list and I've been looking at duke sliscus as an HQ choice, however looking at GW's website he, (and several other HQ choices such as Asdrubael Vect) aren't listed there; is he (they) a conversion only model?

Thanks from a noob
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:12

Yup. Vect, Malys, Baron Sathonyx and Duke Sliscus all lack official models that can be bought from GW. Your best bet is to plonk down an Archon model and let your opponent know "this is Sliscus", or convert anyone fancy and holding two swords, that should be pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:14

a Harlequin converted up a bit might make a nice conversion
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 17:31

For my Vect, I used a Chaos Sorcerer Lord, with the second Archonhead and the splinterpistol of the sybarith.
With some gear from the scourges and hellion it don't look so bad. Taller than the average DE, with a cool sceptre.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeSun May 11 2014, 18:48

Moving this as not rules related - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 23:34

I'd first like to congratulate you by looking at Duke Sliscus and realising that he is amazing. Wink

There are so many ways to look at converting him, read his Codex entry a few times to get a feel for him and maybe check out our gallery here for some inspiration - as long as he has two swords then you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 02:43

Sky Serpent wrote:
as long as he has two swords then you can't go wrong.

He also has a blast pistol. I used one of those and one of the power swords from a Syberite, and put some green paint on it for poison. He still has the other knife on his back, so he does have two swords, but this way I remember to shoot stuff when I'm close enough.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 03:13

I modeled mine also with the pistol/sword combo.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 03:17

I have not made a conversion yet, but if I did I'd try to include two scampily clad chicks on his base. If you want it to be completely WYSIWYG he must be a total pimp.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 07:25

This is my attempt:

Duke Sliscus from a noob P1010173
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 16:23

Good use of Corsair bits there, I like the flow of the pose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus from a noob   Duke Sliscus from a noob I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus from a noob
Page 1 of 1