THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ramming and tank shock

Go down 
+10
@miral
Brom
Laughingcarp
ligolski
Silverglade
Zenotaph
Vasara
1++
Devilogical
Duke Daedric
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke Daedric
Hellion
Duke Daedric

Ramming and tank shock Empty
PostSubject: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 06:15

I've been reading BRB and codex a lot lately and it seems to me that
we can equip our vehicles well for the task weather we ram or tank shock.

I was wondering are these options viable as combat manuvers and what is your take on this topic?
 scratch 
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 07:17

I was thinkin about it, but never try out.
In theory it can work pretty well with our ravagers.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 08:17

In 7 days the new edition is released so I'd wait and see if it's viable then

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 11:25

In the 5th it was usefull but not nearly so in the 6th. We'll see what happens in the 7th edition.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 16:33

Never used it. Doesn't seem to be worth the points. Maybe with my planned Eldar allies.
Falcons and Serpents are tanks after all.

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 18:21

I've done the math on it before. Even at maximum effectiveness, you're more likely to do more damage to yourself than your opponent due to our low armour values.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 18:33

Egorey swears by ramming raiders with shock prows and aethersails...it can actually do a ton of damage...don't forget you can actually jink your own hit from the ram...cheesy but doable

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 06:19

With 6E adding 1S/3" traveled, I totally believe it.
In 7th, though, not so much.
New rules on p.93 of the rulebook; S from a ramming hit is half armour on appropriate facing, +1 if tank, +2 if heavy or super-heavy.
So with a Raider we're looking at S5 +d3 if you bought a shock prow. Not quite enough juice.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 07:02

Laughingcarp wrote:
With 6E adding 1S/3" traveled, I totally believe it.
In 7th, though, not so much.
New rules on p.93 of the rulebook; S from a ramming hit is half armour on appropriate facing, +1 if tank, +2 if heavy or super-heavy.
So with a Raider we're looking at S5 +d3 if you bought a shock prow. Not quite enough juice.

Hmmm.. maybe it still useful to tank shock infantry? I beleive Commoragh Police department use something like this to deal with illegal demonstrations ))

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 07:06

Doesn't look like tank shock has changed at all, add chain-flails for fun!

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 19:17

Yea tank shock and ramming will remain a viable strategy for deff rollas but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:32

With the footprint of raiders or reavers you could "trap" infantry and crunch it. Did anybody try this? I just made sure that an infantry model must not move through other models, but around. So if you hit a unit with a raider in a way that the models under it cant move out without loosing coherency...they cant jump over their comrades. You still need two walls or other vehicles (of which we have plenty) to deny them jumping to the side. Could be worth it against deathstars. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 01:34

Remember, with 7th edition, ramming with a raider/shockprow is *not* str 5+d3; it's (10+d3)/2. This means that a raider is going to hit at str 6, with a 33% chance of hitting at str7. A ravager is going to hit at str 6 with a 66% chance of hitting at str7. Either way, until we get new shock prow rules, you're going to be maxing out at str 7 for ramming. I suppose it might be okay for smacking light vehicles or for smacking things in the rear (which DE vehicles certainly have the mobility to be capable of doing so)... but it seems like your points are better spent elsewhere for now.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 13:41

krayd wrote:
Remember, with 7th edition, ramming with a raider/shockprow is *not* str 5+d3; it's (10+d3)/2. This means that a raider is going to hit at str 6, with a 33% chance of hitting at str7. A ravager is going to hit at str 6 with a 66% chance of hitting at str7. Either way, until we get new shock prow rules, you're going to be maxing out at str 7 for ramming. I suppose it might be okay for smacking light vehicles or for smacking things in the rear (which DE vehicles certainly have the mobility to be capable of doing so)... but it seems like your points are better spent elsewhere for now.

The point of a Shock Prow in 7th is not ramming. It's performing a 30" move with a Troop Raider and parking it on virtually any objective on the board not blocked by an enemy vehicle, thereby claiming it and scoring its victory points. Well, at least that's the theory.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 13:58

Mandor wrote:
The point of a Shock Prow in 7th is not ramming. It's performing a 30" move with a Troop Raider and parking it on virtually any objective on the board not blocked by an enemy vehicle, thereby claiming it and scoring its victory points. Well, at least that's the theory.  Cool 

Except 7th edition did not change the fact that you can only tank shock in the movement phase (as per 6th edition). Meaning at most you can tank shock a unit that's 12" away.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:15

Quote :
Meaning at most you can tank shock a unit that's 12" away.
13-24 actually, if you factor in Aethersails. They work in Movement Phase.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramming and tank shock   Ramming and tank shock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramming and tank shock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: