THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

WraithGuards in Raiders?

Go down 
+16
Vael Galizur
Dat_Other_Guy
Hijallo
aurynn
urden93
Skari
FishDeadDaemon
lelith
Silverglade
Gherma
orestes85
Count Adhemar
Bibitybopitybacon
ligolski
Mr Believer
LoneKabalite
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

WraithGuards in Raiders? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WraithGuards in Raiders?   WraithGuards in Raiders? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30 2015, 04:34

Does this now mean the wraithguard can start the game in the FA Raider?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: WraithGuards in Raiders?   WraithGuards in Raiders? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30 2015, 10:04

Yes they can. They can even use it to deepstrike in.

But WWP doesn't fit in anymore. Landingpad helps here quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: WraithGuards in Raiders?   WraithGuards in Raiders? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01 2015, 15:58

I have had good success with 6 Wraithguard in a Tantalus. I bring D scythes, an archon (with a blaster, a portal and a Shadowfield) and a Autauch. The Wraithguard, Tantalus and archon together are expensive and so I bring the Autauch to make sure they can drop in when I need them to. When placed well this unit can take out pretty much anything you need it to. Imperial Knight, no problem. Void shield generator (and multiple units clustered around it), dead! Tank wall, destroyed.

The big issue with this unit is that in order to really get value for the points, you have to kill a lot of things (or the right things). That means killing multiple units a turn. Placement on the turn it drops in must anticipate what will happen in future turns. A crafty opponent will try to limit what you can flame that first turn.

Once your opponent sees the damage that the thing deals out, he will focus almost everything he has to kill the Tantulus and it's passengers. That can be useful too. Venoms come into their own when not being shot at.

The Wraithguard are pretty safe in a 5 hull point vehicle with a flicker field and 3+ cover save. Nobody is going to assault the thing with all those flamers. Watch out for Helldrakes, they won't hurt the Tantalus but will kill the Writhguard. Also, don't jink if there is a chance of being assaulted. You won't be able to overwatch.

I have seen that these days most tournaments will allow the Tantalus. I may end up taking it to LVO next year.

RB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WraithGuards in Raiders?   WraithGuards in Raiders? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WraithGuards in Raiders?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2