THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!

Go down 
+10
Massaen
PartridgeKing
Shadowseer
BetrayTheWorld
Jimsolo
helvexis
honethedroll
Zenotaph
egorey
Gobsmakked
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14 2014, 04:34

Congrats to Betray and the other participants for a job well done! It was great to see what we could come up with.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14 2014, 13:31

Well done Betray.I have contacted the winner and will be sending out the prize. My thanks to everyone who participated.

Now as you might imagine the last three challenges have drained my resources a bit. I would love to see more challenges though. I'm hoping the next challenge can have a different sort of prize. Maybe with these challenges as an example the admins can now run them and award a special banner to the winner? That would be cool no? And it would save the duck a lot of money, lol.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14 2014, 16:06

Well played all round chaps, and thanks to Egorey for another interesting competition!

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14 2014, 17:48

Congratulations to BetrayTheWorld, Creeping Darkness and Randozart, well done! And congrats to all the participants, it was great to see such variety and creativity in these lists.

Big thanks to Massaen for judging the comp, glad it wasn't me.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 12:47

Well, it was fun, creating a list. And grats to the winners.

egorey wrote:
Maybe with these challenges as an example the admins can now run them and award a special banner to the winner? That would be cool no? And it would save the duck a lot of money, lol.

In another forum, I won a challenge. It was a cooking event, but that doesn't matter.
I won a special avatar. The avatars there were set by your post count, so it was cool.
A banner would have the same effect, I think.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2014, 01:55

Zenotaph wrote:
Well, it was fun, creating a list. And grats to the winners.

egorey wrote:
Maybe with these challenges as an example the admins can now run them and award a special banner to the winner? That would be cool no? And it would save the duck a lot of money, lol.

In another forum, I won a challenge. It was a cooking event, but that doesn't matter.
I won a special avatar. The avatars there were set by your post count, so it was cool.
A banner would have the same effect, I think.

Yeah, a banner or a custom "rank" would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16 2014, 02:42

Congrats Betray!

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2014, 05:19

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2014, 12:10

Congratulations BetrayTheWorld, and thank you to all involved, especially the organisers and judge!

This challenge was good fun, nothing like theoryhammer army lists to unwind in the wee hours. The range of ideas to come out of it has broadened my appreciation for the game and my army. Thanks for your kind words Massaen, I would never have expected to make the top 3, especially in the current DE/Eldar paradigm.

I am planning to add some Necrons to my collection, so with any luck I will be able to try this list (or a variant) sometime soon.

In the meantime, may I humbly suggest the "Dirtiest legal army: the list most likely to induce table-flipping rage in your opponent" for whenever the next challenge drops?  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2014, 12:42

@creeping darkness - I loved your list and want to try it myself! I had to borrow necrons to put it on the table but I am intrigued by what it might offer in the long term

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17 2014, 15:36

Well, I have mailed out Betray's Bastion. The only list you never commented on was mine Massaen, lol. But that is okay. As for starting a new challenge. Well, I'm all for it when I can afford it. I've run quite a few now at no small expense. I'm not getting funding for it you know. Now do not get me wrong. I was happy to do the three of them and ignite a little fire here. The response to this challenge was amazing.

I also liked your list creeping and said as much ion the thread. But then I like anything that is abnormal, lol.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!   List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List-building competition - a Webway portal list for 1850 pts - Winners Announced!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2