THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 w/ Eldar Allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

1850 w/ Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 w/ Eldar Allies   1850 w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 12:58

I'll likely be playing Tyranid, but I want to keep this as a general list anyway. Thinking two of the raiders will run disintegrators and the other 2 dark lances. Haemonculus riding with the incubi and boosting all 4 raiders into enemy deployment first turn. I ran something pretty similar in a 2 game tournament recently and it did well, but I didn't have to deal with many vehicles.

Haemonculus
-Venom Blade
-Liquifier

Autarch
-Jetbike
-Banshee Mask
-Fusion Gun
-Laser Lance

6 Wyches in a Raider (3 units)
-Haywire Grenades
-Enhanced Aethersails

3 Wracks in a Venom (3 units)
-Extra Splinter Cannon

3 Windrider Jetbikes

7 Incubi in a Raider
-Enhanced Aethersails

3 Reavers (2 units)
-Cluster Caltrops

Crimson Hunter Exarch

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Disintegrators

Ravager w/ Lances

Ravager w/ Disintegrators

Back to top Go down
FishDeadDaemon
Slave
FishDeadDaemon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 w/ Eldar Allies   1850 w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22 2014, 03:29

Looks a bit unfocused. Some non-point based suggestions:

Put your Wyches in a Venom. It comes with a flickerfield if you're really worried about getting their payload to the target quick enough, and it's small. Not exactly a straight line, but it's a smaller target with better chances of surviving. Plus, it's cheaper. Sure you're limited to 5 wyches, but 6 vs 5 isn't a significant difference.

Give your Autarch the Mask, to make them much more durable. You could even give them a shard if you want to make them fearless and even more dangerous.

Give your Razorwing missiles. Make it an anti-horde unit.

Go 2x ravagers with the same setup. As you need anti-tank, I'd do all lances.

Make your reavers 1 unit of 6, not 2 units of 3. Makes them harder to panic or give easy VP.

Your Windriders are very, very small and will die easily. I'm sure you're thinking ' Turn 5 reserves and objective grab' which is fine, but they won't hold anything for squat, and will run at the first serious fire. Either beef the unit up or go with something still cheap but durable, like rangers.
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: 1850 w/ Eldar Allies   1850 w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28 2014, 15:39

I've always been curious about people using the wyches in venoms instead of raiders. If you give the venom the extra splinter cannon it actually costs more for less hullpoints and less distance it can travel (and usually I use the jink save which is better than the flickerfield anyway). I just made the wych squads 6's because I had a few points left over at the end, but I like the extra 2d6 movement and toughness of the raider. The venoms I tend to keep back to use their cannons from safety. Am I missing something with putting them in venoms over raiders?

I might be misunderstanding with the autarch, he already has a banshee mask if that's what you were referring to.

The razorwing comes with missiles so I do have him dedicated to anti-horde/infantry.

I figured the 3 wych squads with haywire, 2 raiders with lances, 1 ravager with lances, autarch with fusion gun, and crimson hunter exarch would be enough vehicle busting, but if that isn't sufficient I can switch the other ravager too. I just really like the disintegrator one.

The reavers I will try in 6-man instead. They rarely got shot at in my tournament because they were small and gave me great opportunities to jump to objectives quickly, but they also weren't causing much damage that way.

The windriders were just there as a minimum troop choice for allies because I wanted the anti air of the crimson hunter. They spent most of the games just objective securing a couple bases or protecting the autarch and I didn't find them targeted very often because they are low on the priority list.

I did get to play in another tournament with this list and went undefeated, so I was pretty happy with results but I know there's always room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 w/ Eldar Allies   1850 w/ Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 w/ Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1