THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke Razzac
Slave
Duke Razzac

Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp   Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19 2014, 16:01

Afternoon my kin,

I would like to show you a possible list I will be running for a comp and all bits of advise are welcome.

Archon: venom blade; ghostplate armour; combat drugs; shadow field 115 (in raider)

5 Wyches: haywire grenades 60
• Venom: splinter cannon 65
9 Kabalite Warriors: blaster 96
• Raider: splinter racks; night shields; flickerfield 90

2 Beastmasters: 10× Khymerae 144

Ravager: night shields 115
Ravager: night shields 115
Razorwing Jetfighter: two wing-mounted disintegrator cannons; splinter cannon; 2× neurotoxin missile; flickerfield 185

Spiritseer 70

5 Wraithguard 160

Wraithlord: 2× flamer; scatter laser; starcannon 160

1,750 points

I want to try a beast pack as I have read they are awesome and I like the models of the eldar and just wanted them in army lol.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp   Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 11:31

Howzit Razzac?
Have you considered how you're going to keep the Wraithguard, Wraithlord, and Spirit Seer together with the rest of your force? The dogs and Venoms will all most likely be moving 12", but your eldar will be struggling. Is this part of an overall plan? (Objective Camping?)
Maybe have the Kabalites in the raider kitted out for long range support, so the Wraithguard and Seer can jack their ride and get close enough to let loose with some D.

Also, just my personal preferance- CC Archons(even cheap-ish ones) belong with a Grotesque unit.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Fish-Dead
Slave
Fish-Dead

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp   Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 16:51

I respect the Iyanden tribute to the list, but it's really underwhelming. The Wraithlord, like Flak said, will be left behind, as well as the spiritseer and wraithguard. It's also not filling a really essential role with the scat/star. Also, you have a ton of anti-tank, regular wraithguard are unnecessary.

Some changes I'd recommend:

1. Lose the Raider/Kabalites - you've got a ton of Poison shots anyways.
2. Get a wave serpent.
3. Convert your Wraithguard to wraithblades, preferably axe/shield for those AP2 issues. Put them, the spiritseer, and the archon in the Serpent as your CC/Interference group.
4. If you're serious about having a Wraithlord, I'd go 2x SC and a Ghost Glaive. Keep it more of a CC/all corners threat as the bladestorm makes it a threat to anything, not to mention it's a great can opener in CC.
Back to top Go down
Duke Razzac
Slave
Duke Razzac

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp   Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 19:38

Cheers for the input. I shall test play with your suggestion and see how things go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp   Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar w / eldar alliance 1750 Comp
Page 1 of 1