THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!

Go down 
+11
MyNameDidntFit
urzaplanewalker
benmannen6
Lord_Alino
doriii
Archon-Hidicul
Darklight
DrakeHarkonnen
egorey
BetrayTheWorld
ligolski
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 13:16

Pretty sure you're over in points by about 21, but i used quick math and trusted your numbers on the units that had numbers posted.
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 16:03

All these lists look AMAZING guys Smile I am looking forward to trying out some of your anticipated lists

Especially the Lelith and Jain Zar Wych list. Gotta love Blades that are ap2 :X

I'm looking forward to seeing who wins this event Wink Good luck Guyz :3
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 10:28

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Pretty sure you're over in points by about 21, but i used quick math and trusted your numbers on the units that had numbers posted.

Right you are. Turns out your trust was misplaced Wink I forgot the change the points after dropping one of the Incubi (so rather than 198 there it's 176). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27 2014, 23:17

I would like to announce that Skari will be the judge for this competition! Egorey and I thank him very much for his acceptance and wish everyone the best of luck! Remember deadline is Sept 1st!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 22:39

Ok finally time for my submission and its pretty interesting I must say.

So here is the list:

Quote :

DE Primary CAD
Duke (warlord duh)
Haemie with VB

20 warriors (blob with 2 SC)
2x 5 wracks (liquifier)
3x 5 wyches (HWG)

Astra Militarum Allies
Company Command Squad (autocannon)

Infantry platoon
-pcs, 2x 10 infantry squads, all 3 of these squads have autocannons
-2x 3 sabre weapons platforms all with twin linked lascannons

Forgeworld Field Artillery Battery
-3 heavy quad launchers (each one with 5 crew members, all one unit)

Fortification
Skyshield Landing Pad

TOTAL POINTS: 1496 pts

The Game Plan:

The plan has a simple foundation: The imperial guard units use that skyshield to its max advantage and fortify it completely as a strong shooting foundation. The troops can bubble wrap the front of skyshield to defend if its required based on the opponents list. The CCS and PCS can command the IG units which can unleash a good amount of solid firepower! Those quad launchers have the strength of a heavy bolter and AP of a bolter with 4 small blasts EACH. That a metric ton of barrage to hit a unit. Perfect for blob armies or anything that clusters and it is pretty cheap on top of that. Ultimately that's 12 small blasts with great hitting power against infantry. Going along with the theme of artillery...because arty gives you toughness 7 which in an all footlist without MC's is super useful...we have 6 sabre defense platforms to perform anti air operations and AT...solid.

Now the interesting part...the DE. Duke goes with the warrior squad obviously and makes them wreck face against anything. They will move as a blob to take control of an area and destroy any unit (3+ poison thanks to duke!) that gets close. Duke is also resilient with that shadowfield which is good for a warlord. Furthermore he allow the wyches to get a better chance at something decent on the drug table which is nice. The haemie allows the wracks to be Objective secured and will join one of them with his VB. They protect against assault oriented units such as MC's or dedicated assaulters. The wyches have to play it careful much like the wracks and serve as a multiroll unit aimed to take out vehicles that get to close, take objectives and counter assault where needed.

Ultimately, the list fields a ton of objective secured and has good target saturation and can handle all forms of issues with good balance. The list has to be played smart though, but has the tools to get anything done with proper positioning and target priority.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 22:50

ligolski wrote:
Ok finally time for my submission and its pretty interesting I must say.

So here is the list:

Quote :

DE Primary CAD
Duke (warlord duh)
Haemie with VB

20 warriors (blob with 2 SC)
2x 5 wracks (liquifier)
3x 5 wyches (HWG)

Astra Militarum Allies
Company Command Squad (autocannon)
Infantry platoon
-pcs, 2x 10 infantry squads, all 3 of these squads have autocannons
-2x 3 sabre weapons platforms all with twin linked lascannons

Forgeworld Field Artillery Battery
-3 heavy quad launchers (each one with 5 crew members, all one unit)

Fortification
Skyshield Landing Pad

TOTAL POINTS: 1496 pts

The Game Plan:

The plan has a simple foundation: The imperial guard units use that skyshield to its max advantage and fortify it completely as a strong shooting foundation. The troops can bubble wrap the front of skyshield to defend if its required based on the opponents list. The CCS and PCS can command the IG units which can unleash a good amount of solid firepower! Those quad launchers have the strength of a heavy bolter and AP of a bolter with 4 small blasts EACH. That a metric ton of barrage to hit a unit. Perfect for blob armies or anything that clusters and it is pretty cheap on top of that. Ultimately that's 12 small blasts with great hitting power against infantry. Going along with the theme of artillery...because arty gives you toughness 7 which in an all footlist without MC's is super useful...we have 6  sabre defense platforms to perform anti air operations and AT...solid.

Now the interesting part...the DE. Duke goes with the warrior squad obviously and makes them wreck face against anything. They will move as a blob to take control of an area and destroy any unit (3+ poison thanks to duke!) that gets close. Duke is also resilient with that shadowfield which is good for a warlord. Furthermore he allow the wyches to get a better chance at something decent on the drug table which is nice. The haemie allows the wracks to be Objective secured and will join one of them with his VB. They protect against assault oriented units such as MC's or dedicated assaulters. The wyches have to play it careful much like the wracks and serve as a multiroll unit aimed to take out vehicles that get to close, take objectives and counter assault where needed.

Ultimately, the list fields a ton of objective secured and has good target saturation and can handle all forms of issues with good balance. The list has to be played smart though, but has the tools to get anything done with proper positioning and target priority.

This is an interesting list. If I recall correctly we're Desperate Allies with guard right? This would be interesting to see played.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 00:35

Certainly deploying is interesting and hard with the list...not going to lie there, but its doable, I promise. Anything is possible these days. Luckily the guard all cluster together with the skyshield.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 02:44

All these lists are quite interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 04:42

I can just imagine a bunch of guardsmen fighting over the protection of a Skyshield. That'd be pretty flippin funny.

So would you have IMPERIAL GUARD on one side of your deployment zone and DE on the other?

Also, yes. Anything is doable. Look at me, I'm playing Ultramarines with Black Legion allies!
Now look down!
Look back up!
What do you see? I'm playing Grey Knights with Chaos Daemon allies!
Anything is possible when you play 40k 7th Edition!
I'm riding a Great Eagle!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 18:45

I couldn't say honestly because there are too many variables to consider: terrain, 1st/2nd turn, type of deployment zone, etc. That would be one way to run it for sure. The IG would be your anvil on your side, while your DE work to be your surgical hammer of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 19:10

I can just imagine that Duke squad meeting a Hierophant.

"I have 8 toughness and 10 wounds."

"We have 40 poisoned 3+ shots"

Anyways, I can see how that would work. Although the terrain would effect the game along with the type of deployment. For example the... is it Vanguard deployment? Where you have a little triangle deployment would really suck. I'd want DoW deployment with that army.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 21:15

The triangle one wouldn't be so bad as you would push the IG up table along 'your' board edge so you are close to center table. This assumes the rest of the terrain affords that, I find that there are always options even some interesting fun options. In that case as well you could easily just reserve some of the DE if not all of it and come in along that long table edge depending on things.

The problem with GMC's is that you still only wound them on a 6+ with poison, but lots of shots certainly helps. But if you find a WK or a riptide in your path, you should be able to do good work, thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 23:29

@ MyNameDidntFit

I would point out that bikes are not allowed - no reavers - this is not an eligible list. However, in this case i think Ligs and I would allow a SMALL edit.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 00:58

Hey is it alright if I make a different list? It's not going to win by any means but I want to replace mine with a funner one.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 01:58

One list only please Alino. If you want to post a fun list do it in the army list thread.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 05:35

egorey wrote:

@ MyNameDidntFit

I would point out that bikes are not allowed - no reavers - this is not an eligible list. However, in this case i think Ligs and I would allow a SMALL edit.

Apologies! I was really having a mental blank while throwing that together it seems. I switched the 3x Reavers for 4x Trueborn w/ 2x DL for same points (98).
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 05:42

4 Trueborn with Darklances is a good choice. It's like a foot slogging version of a Ravager with a Darklance blown out Razz
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 21:49

ligolski wrote:
Greetings Archons!

It is my great honor to introduce a new challenge! After the great success from the first big challenge, we have decided to do another one. This time we will add a new scoring system to as to better see how people do.  So I ask you, ARE YOU READY?!?!

Rules:

• No armor (aka no vehicles, transports, walkers, flyers, etc)
  • No Monstrous Creatures (of the flying variety or the walking variety)
  • No bikes and/or jetbikes
  • No beasts
  • No cavalry
  • No chariots
  • Fortifications allowed: Aegis, Skyshield, Bastion
  • 1500 points
  • Must be battle forged

It's an extremely limiting set of rules...we get that, but that's what makes it challenging!
So essentially you are only allowed to take: Infantry, Jump Infantry, Jetpack Infantry, and Artillery!

The scoring system:

1. Automatic 3 pts for Dark Eldar as primary CAD (where your warlord comes from) or 1 point if using allied Dark Eldar
  2. Up to 5 pts for fun and originality
  3. Up to 5 pts for competitiveness and "playability"
  4. Up to 3 pts for a description of how the list plays

Total Points Available: 16 points

POST YOUR LISTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

Deadline: September 1st (Forum time)

The prize? Something special that will be announced later!

This escaped my attention before... But now... it has officially failed to do so. and at what cost? I suppose we'll all know soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 04:20

Ok list submissions are now over! Will have the judging done by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 00:23

I WANT THEM DONE NOWWWW!!! -stomps foot- Razz
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 07:29

Grabs Popcorn, throws feet up, watches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 04:44

Amd The Results are in. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like an elaboration as to how I got to these numbers as they are not random! ... what a close one, some great submissions in there. Thanks for all who participated and made this possible, it was a lot of fun. Crazy what we can come up with with a little imagination.

Egorey – Every Wycha Way You Turn -
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 12pts

DrakeHarkonnen – Vehicles are for Chumps
1. 3 pts
2. 3 pts
3. 4 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 12pts

DarkLight –
1. 3 pts
2. 3pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 11pts

Archon-Hidicul –
1. 3 pts
2. 3 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 11pts

Betray The World – Space Elf Scorched Earth Battalion
1. 3 pts
2. 3 pts
3. 4 pts
4. 3 pts
Total – 13pts

Dorill– Footclan
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 12pts

Lord_Alino – Coven List
1. 3 pts
2. 5 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 1 pts
Total – 12pts

Benmannen6 – Hornets Nest
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 3 pts
Total – 13pts

urzaplanewalker – The Four Brothers
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 3 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 12pts

Mynamedidntfit – Master? Which Master?
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 4 pts
4. 3 pts
Total – 14pts

ligoiski –
1. 3 pts
2. 4 pts
3. 4 pts
4. 2 pts
Total – 13pts

Congratulations! MyNameDidntFit! - Your use of both Dhrazar, and Urien, playing to their strenghts, as well as having a good number of AT and AI weapons in your list, that would be fun to play and stand a chance at winning also had a clear game plan when being developed and this set you above the curve!

Skari - out

Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 11:58

Oh. I must say that's unexpected! Thank you, Skari!

And, to the rest of my dear contestants, I do hope your Dracons and Hekatrix do not see this weakness as a chance to depose you... no... of course not Wink
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 12:23

Well. For something I made a list for in approximately 30 minutes, I believe I can go be happy about my score,
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2014, 02:01

Congratulations MyNameDidntFit! I was close on you but your list took the cake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next