THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Could we get it so the board highlights links?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Could we get it so the board highlights links? Empty
PostSubject: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 17:04

Credit where credit is due;

Nepenthe wrote:
(There's a link to the full army list in the post)

(Admin might want to look at highlighting the links in a different color, they really get swallowed up by the bulk text)?

As soon as Nepenthe said this I realized I was nodding in agreement - there's been a couple times I sort of look at a post weirdly and then wave my mouse over the text to see if there's a link hidden in there somewhere. It'd be great if there was more of a visual 'pop' to the links so that people knew they were there - having them appear as a different color is pretty standard.

Regards,
Thor.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 17:22

Thanks for taking the trouble to actually bring this issue out, I've been feeling a bit ashamed of leaving it halfway all day... Smile

Underlining would be another option, if you don't want to break up the color feng shui. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 19:16

I have noticed that it seems to be a little varied in how it handles it;

Link

https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t974-could-we-get-it-so-the-board-highlights-links#9622

Basically if you leave them ugly they get underlined (works for me, I'm always lazy Wink ) but if you use [ url ] code to make it pretty then the board makes it really hard to realize it's a link.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 19:52

I've looked into it, we can highlight links. The only problem is that all the forums are links and aesethically the look of the forum would change a lot, I'll keep searching.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09 2011, 22:02

So why(sorry for my ignorance O mighty lords) we cant them make change colour when it gose [ url ] code to make it pretty, as I understand it now form of forum dosnt allows to do it?

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 01:01

The forum engine we use here does not differentiate between links in posts and links elsewhere. I tested out changing link color once and the whole board turned red and Sky almost had my head.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could we get it so the board highlights links?   Could we get it so the board highlights links? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could we get it so the board highlights links?
Page 1 of 1