THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Devil
Slave
Sky Devil

Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? Empty
PostSubject: Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?   Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 17:14

Hi everyone!

I'm returning to the 40k community once again and I'm starting a Dark Eldar army! It can quickly get very expensive so I thought that i should plan ahead this time to reduce my expenses in the beginning. I need some help on figuring out what colors to buy!

I want to paint the army in a color scheme that looks like the Helliarch of the Sky Devils on p.75 in the codex, the Wych with blue hair on p.72, and the Corespur Elite reaver on p.76. I really like the way the dark purple and the clear blue is combined!

1. What colors do I need to buy in order to paint my models like that? (All of them, since I have none at the moment)

2. How do I paint the armor to go from almost black to the purple at the edges? Mix- and colorwise.

I appreciate all help I can get! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?   Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 09:55

I apologize that I do not know the Vallejo pallete as well as i could.  but here are two suggestions:

1.  Use Vallejo Model Air colors.  You'll love that thery are already very thinned for air brush use and will make for smoother application.

2.  the skin was PROBABLY done with a codex grey (essentially a light grey) as the base color, thinned Agrax Earthshade wash was probably applied for shading in the crevices and then white+codex grey dry brushed to bring the color back up (optionally an elf flesh type color could be dry brushed on but I dont think they did in that pic).  That's the easiest way to get the skin color.

if you want it more blue, true Space Wolf Grey instead of codex grey or whatever the equivalent color now is (GW has a color equivalency chart you can get from the store probably)

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sky Devil
Slave
Sky Devil

PostSubject: Re: Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?   Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 12:13

I don't even know what the Vallejo pallete is, so no worries. Smile I'm going to use GW colors all the way i think.

Does anyone know the colors for the color scheme of their armor?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?   Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09 2014, 21:12

Those were GW colors I gave you.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?   Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Devils/Corespur Elite color scheme?
Page 1 of 1