THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2.5k tournament list. need help

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
HedonusVex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HedonusVex
Hellion
HedonusVex

2.5k tournament list. need help Empty
PostSubject: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 09:20

So first I'll explain ghi scenario. Three game even, with survival mode. Basically units don't regenerate. You get tabled and you're done. You loss a ravager, KT doesn't come back next game. You lose a raider carrying 10 kabalites and two of the kabalites, you have a 8 man squad on the ground. Needless to say a little scared because I have a good habzit of shutting people out for points but still losing a log of my army. I am taking some daemons so I can summon more units in hopes that they will help, but still. I'm scurred. Any who, here's the list, all feedback is welcome.

Primary

HQ
Archon with shadow field, soul trap and huskblade

Troops
3x 10 kabaliges with splingercannon in raider with racks and flicker fields
2x 5 kabalites with blaster in venom with extra cannon

Elites
2x 4 trueborn with blasters in venom w/ extra cannon
4 incubi in venom with extra cannon

Fast attack
9 reavers with 3 heat lances

Heavy support
2 ravagers with fliclerfields

Allies

HQ
Daemon prince
Wings and armour, 2 greater rewards and a lesser, level 3 psyker, mark of slaanesh

Troops
2x 10 pink horrors with icon

Elites
3 flamers of tzeench

Totals out to 2497

Thoughts? I tried not to take any cc (haywire wyches) just because they're a bit of a suicide unit for me, they might blow something up but they usually die soon after.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 09:54

Don't wish to sound discouraging but Dark Eldar are going to find this sort of tournament extremely difficult as we have virtually nothing in our codex that isn't incredibly fragile. Our vehicles rarely survive beyond turn 2 or 3 against a competent opponent and most of our units lack any sort of save vs the majority of attacks that are directed against them (a 5+ save is ignored by most weapons in the game).

I'd suggest reserving your vehicles and hiding your infantry out of LOS whenever possible and trying to win on the mission towards the end of the game. Either that or try a refused flank deployment and throw your entire army at a portion of his, hoping to take out as much as possible before the rest of his army can get into the fight.

HedonusVex
Hellion
HedonusVex

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 10:25

Thanks, any feedback for the list itself?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 10:48

the deamons are interesting please elaborsate on them the DE list is ok, i would try sdqueeze in the third ravager.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
HedonusVex
Hellion
HedonusVex

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 10:55

I would if I had the model believe me. Since its survival I figures I could use the daemons to to summon more daemons to bulletsoak and late game score because after reading up on it, unless they FAQd it and I didn't see, pink horrors can in fact summon. And with the icon the won't scatter if the arriving unit is 6" away.
Back to top Go down
HedonusVex
Hellion
HedonusVex

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 10:58

At the last tourney I had a CSM prince summoning bloodletters while flying around the battlefield and it was really quite effective actually
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 14:00

Like you, I sometimes invite a Slaanesh DP for fun games. I felt that Lash of Doom + Biomancy witchfire were very effective for enemy vehicles and FLYERS! (In my opinion, we DE are always thirsty for anti-air)

However, Slaanesh is our primary enemy at any rate. In addition to the fluffy thing, her daemons often interrupt us with One-Eyed Jack unless the DE army keeps distance from both Daemons and enemies and focuses on backyard shooting. Especially for making a competitive army, I'd rather call our Craftworld kins than those unbelievable daughters of Slaanesh.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13 2014, 15:51

See, that's the problem with playing at 2500 points. You make a list, and think "Hey, I got plenty of points to work with, I could buy expensive stuff and take upgrades..." But then, someone comes along and ruins your fun by continuing to exploit efficiency.

First, Adhemar was right. DE aren't particularly well-suited for this, as we have lots of cheap, fragile units. That being said, it's also not impossible for us to do well in a tourny like this. You'd need to depend on spamming vehicles, and hoping subsequent opponents you face will have far fewer anti-vehicle threats.

My take on a tourny like this would be two-fold. First, if I HAD to take allies, I'd take eldar rather than daemons for my psychic shenanigans, and I'd probably form a seer-star. Second, I wouldn't necessarily take allies to begin with, assuming your tournament isn't stopping you from taking multiple CADs.

If not, you could take:

Duke Sliscus
Haemonculus w/ Crucible and Liquifier Gun
3 units of 4 Blasterborn
3 Incubi
11 Units of 5 Haywyches
10 Kabalite Warriors w/splinter cannon in a raider w/splinter racks & ff
16 Venoms with dual splinter cannons

This list ends up fielding 17 vehicles and a lot of dakka. Sure, haywyches can be viewed as suicide units, which is why you'd want to spam them, or not bring them. I would choose the former and hope my vehicles were able to hold out for future matches.

However, you can do a lot of different things, and don't necessarily have to use wyches if you didn't want to. My point is, at 2500 points, you can afford to spam TONS of units, and I don't feel like your list takes advantage of that.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15 2014, 07:14

If I understand the format correctly this tournament is made for summoned deamons. Just use those summoned units to do the dirty work while keeping original list alive.

If you still want to use DE BetrayTheWorld has a nice list.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2.5k tournament list. need help   2.5k tournament list. need help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2.5k tournament list. need help
Page 1 of 1