THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 List, Forgeworld Allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Larndorn
Hellion

1850 List, Forgeworld Allies Empty
PostSubject: 1850 List, Forgeworld Allies   1850 List, Forgeworld Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 16:44

Succubus-Archite Glaive, WWP, HWG
Archon-Shadowfield, Agoniser, Soultrap, WWP, HWG, Parasite’s Kiss (Warlord)
5 Scourges-4 Heatlances
5 Trueborn-4 Blasters
Venom-2 Splinter Cannons
2X 10 Warriors
2X Raider-Night Shields, Splinter Racks
9 Reavers-3 Caltrops, Arena Champion, Agoniser
Primary Detachment Total-1169
Codex Eldar Allied Detatchment
Irilltyh
6 Shadow Spectres-Exarch-Prism Blaster, Monster Hunter
5 Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent-Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon
3 Windrider Jetbikes
Allied Detatchment Total 681
Grand Total-1850

So the reason I have the Shadow Spectres in there are 1) they are great looking models, 2) they have Haywire Grenades standard, 3) Their guns are fairly nasty, dualmode S4 AP4 blasts or S6AP3 lances that can combine fire sorta like a prism cannon 4) Oh and they are Jet Packs and have Battle focus

Archon Probably will drop with the Scourges, because I feel the Shadow Spectre will be the biggest target unit, Succubus will go with them instead. Hopefully between the Spectres and the Scourges I can drop 2-3 tanks on the drop (Did I mention Irilltyh has split fire?) The Reavers can be my big assault unit, and hopefully the Warriors and Dire Avengers in their transports can secure any needed objectives along with the Windriders.

I am unsure whether to run CAD or the Raiders Detachment, since most of my units I would like to reserve I feel like the cover save turn 1 would be wasted and I would be better off with objective secured on the raiders/warriors to go with the Eldar Troops

Oh and Parasite's Kiss was because I had 5 pts left over with no where good so I figured a 2+ poison pistol would be a good use rather than leaving them unspent
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List, Forgeworld Allies   1850 List, Forgeworld Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 16:58

If you're already taking spectres I'd strongly advise you look at armour of misery and phantasm/torment launchers - the exarch power shadow of death is made to work with them!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List, Forgeworld Allies   1850 List, Forgeworld Allies I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 18:03

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
If you're already taking spectres I'd strongly advise you look at armour of misery and phantasm/torment launchers - the exarch power shadow of death is made to work with them!

I suppose dropping the Arena Champion and Agoniser from the Reavers would free up those points and then dropping the Parasite's kiss gives me 10 points to play with, maybe a Shuriken Cannon for the Windriders? Or I could upgrade the Raiders to Dark Lances?

By adding the PGL it looks like I would need to switch the Archon and Succubus and which groups they bring in because if I understand the armory right Succubi cannot take PGLs any more so the Archon would have to take it. (this way I suppose I can also LoS some saves to the Phoenix Lord 2+ armor rather than trying to take them on the shadowfield for that 1st turn anyways)

Any thoughts on which detachment to go with? I am leaning towards a CAD but I am not 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List, Forgeworld Allies   1850 List, Forgeworld Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 List, Forgeworld Allies
Page 1 of 1