THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Combat patrol

Go down 
+2
Aeterna
Black Death
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 19:51

Now for those of you who know what this is I really need help putting together a 400 pt list to use on a space hulkesque type table. I've poured thru the new dex and honestly stumped at what would work for this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 20:07

Does it need to fit any set requirements? If it's like a kill-team I'd recommend that you use reavers, get a decent range and survivability and potentially deadly assaults.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 20:21

how about a bunch of madusae. the enemy wont be fielding any termies at that point cost so it should mow them down.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 20:34

Yeah I'd take a court. Maybe even a cheap cheap archon or Succubus.

Sybarite
Black Death

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 20:51

With combat patrol you have to take at least 1 troop choice and up to 2. No 2+ saves, no more then 2 wounds so archon is out. 0-1 elite, 0-1 fast attack and 0-1 heavy. Vehicles cannot add up to more then 33 all added together F+S+R= 33 or less. Warlord is not needed just have to appoint highest model in one unit to be general.

As of last nights game, since it is set up a lot like space hulk, we have decided on now vehicles. There are regular door ways to move thru so squeezing a venom thru it won't work.

Here's the actual rules set up.

General Rules:
• The Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition Rules and all relevant Errata and FAQs will be used.
• The scenario for each game will be determined beforehand.
• Warlord Traits, Psychic Powers, etc. will be randomly determined at the start of each round.
• Where possible, all models should be WYSIWYG (What you See is What you Get).

Force Organisation:
Patrol Clash armies must consist of no more than 400-500 points and must conform to the following Force Organization restrictions:
0-1 HQ
1-2 Troops (you must choose at least one Troop choices)
0-1 Elite
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Heavy Support
0-1 ‘Swing Slot’ (you may field one additional Troop, Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support)

Army List Rules:
• Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. All other unit restrictions apply.
• Special/Named Character, Flyers, Fortifications, Titans and/or Allies are not permitted.
• With the exception of models selected as Troops choices and those with the Swarm Special Rule, no model may have more than 2 Wounds.
• No model may have an Armour Save better than 3+ or an Invulnerable Save better than 4+.
• No Ordnance and/or Barrage weapons are permitted.
• Only vehicles with a maximum armour of 12 in any one facing may be taken. Upgrades that increase an armour facing may only raise the armour value to a maximum of 12.
<<<OR>>>
• Only vehicles with a maximum armour total of 33 points (e.g. 11 FA, 11 SA, 11 RA).
• Forge World rules are not permitted, however players may still use their Forge World models to represent a unit from their codex.
• Individual units that may have multiple rules versions will follow the rules presented in that army’s codex.

Commanders:
As it is possible to field a Combat Patrol army without purchasing an HQ choice, your army might be left without an obvious commander. In this case, your commander would be the most senior ranking model in your army. If two models qualify for this position due to equal rank, then the player may choose which one is considered the army's commander.

Hellion
Dark Son

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 21:50

What about
Lhamean
2 Medusae
Klaivex w / demi-klaives
9 incubi
Sybarite w / agoniser and splinter pistol
9 Warriors

Gives you a decent mix of cc and ranged and 2 eyebursts should mow through most things that you're likely to face.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 21:56

For a Space Hulk layout - I would consider regular Kabalites, possibly with Shredders for AI and light AT; Blasterborn, good for both; Scourges, for speed and AT; and perhaps some Khymerae/Razorwings.

The Solarite could be your commander, or if not a cheap Succubus. Medusae for templates, if you want them.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior
barenone

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 22:03

whats the terrain like? is it close up like you see in a lot of space hulk indoors. or is it standerd outside terrain?
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 01:47

It is inside, doors, walls, bulkheads, crates, hallways, the works basically. It is a kick starter buildable gaming table, kinda like the old GW card board stuff from Necrumunda. Don't think I can take the court with out an archon. I will look however and if I can...MUHAHAHA. Thanks

Hekatrix
The Red King

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 02:42

It's been argued you can. Only bringing an archon makes it not an HQ choice.

Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 02:52

You can, Archon just makes them not take up a FoC place. I'd recommend using large firing squads, incubi would be good for assault.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 04:34

An archon has 3 wounds and you can't take anything with more than 2 other then troops and swarms. With the few characters we have now, they all have 3 wounds so.... Incubi is a definite, warriors for troops and thinking scourges for more powerful support. I work up a list and post it here and then get feed back. As for the court, it states for every Archon you can take a court so I think with that in mind would be against these streamlined rules. Thanks

Sybarite
Black Death

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 07:09

how does 10 Kabelits with champ, blast pistol/dark lance
5 scourges 4 blasters upgrade w blast pistol, agonizer
5incubi
=400

Combat patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat patrol   Combat patrol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat patrol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION