THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Semi-Competitive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

1500 Semi-Competitive Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09 2014, 17:41

Important Notices:I do not own a 7th Edition Rulebook nor have I played much. Meta is mainly Marines with a sprinkle of Tau, Craftworld Eldar, and Imperial Guard. First shot with new Codex.

Detachment Organization Principle: Realspace Raiders

Headquarters
Archon with Djin Blade, Soul Trap, and Shadowfield 140

Elites
5 Incubi led by a Klaivex in a Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons 175
3 Grotesques with in Raider with Dark Lance 165

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons 120
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Raider with Dark Lance 120

Fast Attack
Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances 140

Heavy Support
Ravager with Dark Lances 120
Ravager with Dark Lances 120
Voidraven Bomber with Dark Scythes 160

The idea is to hammer the enemy at range for several turns before bringing in the assault elements to bear in earnest. Horde control will come primarily from the Fighter-Bomber duo with grotesques providing support as needed. Isolated infantry or monstrous creatures countered with heavy splinter cannon fire. Vehicles can be flipped over by grotesques or else blown away with Dark Light.

Weapon Summary:
10 Dark Lances (4 Platforms)
4 Blasters (4 Platforms)
2 Dark Scythes (1 Platform)
8 Splinter Cannons (4 Platforms)

Slave
thaotic

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 01:45

Greetings,

I quite like the list, you seem to have all your bases covered. You're two assault units seem a bit lonely, but you've got enough fire power that you should be able to keep them safe with smart target selection.

You mentioned you don't have a rulebook, so you might not be aware of the Battleforged Detachment. It's the classic FOC, but provides your army with Objective Secured, which is amazing. Since you aren't using the additional Fast Attack slots, it might be something to look into Smile.

Also, your Raider Warrior squad is 5 points more than it should be.

Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10 2014, 11:26

I personally wouldn't go for a Djin blade - you could save some points by replacing it and the Shadowfiled with a Armour of Misery / Agonizer combo maybe?

Also, Voidraven is a lot of points for what it can do. If you are thinking competitive, I'd replace with another Razorwing for AA.

And if you're really playing competitive, I personally wouldn't bother with Ravagers. Scourges with HWB do the job much better! And actually, I think Ravagers with 3 x DLs are more than 120 points?

If you did have points spare, I think adding in 2 x Talos is a great idea for board control. They'll also soak up a HUGE amount of fire, leaving your other units to do their thing...played Tau the other week and they lasted 4 turns, giving my other units (Blaster Kabs in Venoms, Incubi and even Wyches! time to rip the Tau apart in CC)...your Grots look like they'd be up for that Wink
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 00:58

OutrunKoil wrote:
I personally wouldn't go for a Djin blade - you could save some points by replacing it and the Shadowfiled with a Armour of Misery / Agonizer combo maybe?

Also, Voidraven is a lot of points for what it can do. If you are thinking competitive, I'd replace with another Razorwing for AA.

And if you're really playing competitive, I personally wouldn't bother with Ravagers. Scourges with HWB do the job much better!  And actually, I think Ravagers with 3 x DLs are more than 120 points?

1) If I had my way, I'd still have an 85 point Succubus with an Agonizer...or a 70 point one with a Venom Blade. Still, it'll be nice to see what what 8 S3 Power Weapon attacks on the charge do.  farao

Now that I drunkenly think about it, Lilith may actually make more sense at this point....
...and then read her warlord trait....

2) I know its spendy. It just looked so good and the idea of blast lances....makes me think of all the bad things I am about to do to some Space Wolves.   santa  

3) You sir are correct about the pricing. That said, I do not own that may Scourge and there is something to be said for maintaining consistency in a mechanized list. To buy the extra Dark Lances, I think I'll drop a Splinter Cannon on the Incubi Venom.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11 2014, 01:28

Dark_Kindred wrote:
Now that I drunkenly think about it, Lilith may actually make more sense at this point....
...and then read her warlord trait....
I actually think Lelith is pretty decent now. She's not a top tier competitive sort of option, but if you want a brawly HQ...well, build that HQ and then compare functionality and cost to Lelith. She doesn't stack up poorly.

Also, never make her your Warlord Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Semi-Competitive   1500 Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Semi-Competitive
Page 1 of 1