THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FUZIONZ96
Slave
FUZIONZ96

1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options) Empty
PostSubject: 1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options)   1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2015, 15:11

Hi everyone, my first post. Please feel free to comment and criticise. This tournament is an everything goes one, so long as you're battle forged. But the fairly small point total should limit that.

Note: This list is designed to be competitive! However units like the Reavers just look amazing when 30 odd are surrounding a unit! Twisted Evil

I have 2 lists, 1 CAD and 1 Real space raiders. For both I take an Arena Champion of the Reavers as my Warlord. This is because he is the only character in the army and you have to be a character to obtain a WL trait. the Lhamaean is not a character despite filling the mandatory HQ slot.

I have tried this without a trait and it really suffers, by going on strategic you can get the Night fighting one, the +1 to seize and re-roll reserves one, the MTC and Stealth in Ruins (for the venoms mainly).

If anyone would like me to explain any of my choices or tactics for any of the units then please do not hesitate to ask. Also any questions about the missions or rules being played at the tournament.

Here goes...
The RSR one first.

Dark Eldar Real Space Raiders 1500 points

Codex: Dark Eldar
Real Space Raiders Detachment

HQ: Court of the Archon: 1 Lhamaean, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 75

TROOPS 1: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 105

TROOPS 2: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 105

TROOPS 3: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 105

TROOPS 4: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 105

FAST ATTACK 1: 12 Reaver Jetbikes, 4 Cluster Caltrops, Arena Champion (Warlord) 262

FAST ATTACK 2: 9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 Cluster Caltrops 189

FAST ATTACK 3: 9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 Cluster Caltrops 189

FAST ATTACK 4: 9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 Cluster Caltrops 189

HEAVY SUPPORT: Voidraven Bomber, 2 Void lances, Void mine, Night Shields 175

TOTAL: 1499

^The first one allows for some real speed with 4 units of Reavers, I've used these in the past and when used correctly can work amazingly. Having 4 units means if you lose one by mistake you still have 3 to carry out your evil doings.

And now for the CAD one...

Dark Eldar Combined Arms 1500 points

Codex: Dark Eldar
Combined Arms Detachment

HQ: Court of the Archon: 1 Lhamaean, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 75

TROOPS 1: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 120

TROOPS 2: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 120

TROOPS 3: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 120

TROOPS 4: 5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom, Dual Splinter Cannons 120

FAST ATTACK 1: 12 Reaver Jetbikes, 4 Cluster Caltrops, Arena Champion (Warlord) 262

FAST ATTACK 2: 12 Reaver Jetbikes, 4 Cluster Caltrops 252

FAST ATTACK 3: 12 Reaver Jetbikes, 4 Cluster Caltrops 252

HEAVY SUPPORT: Voidraven Bomber, 2 Void lances, Void mine, Night Shields 175

TOTAL: 1496

Obviously with the addition of the Blasters this is a more versatile list. Also with OS on the Troops and Venoms this can be quite effective with 8 OS units that are quite fast in themselves, backed up by 36 Jetbikes that can go 48" a turn!
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options)   1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2015, 16:33

Agreed on your general principals and the arena champ although if your going with 4 troops choices anyway there really is no reason to take RSR, and quite a bit of downside to doing so. It undermines your warlord trait and removes Obsec.  

I'd highly recommend going 2 CAD with a second lhamaean to unlock 6 FOC slots. With that break your reavers into units of 3 and 6 respectively, 12 is too much you'll be wasting HoW and not present sufficient threats. 3 strong units can afford to take special weapons, 6 not so much due to jink. Plus you want smaller units for efficiently hunting certain things.. scatbikes, lictors, other MSU or squatters.

Moving on.. on the list in general if your going for competitive then the voidraven has no place here. I'd replace it with a razorwing and although I usually prefer disi's where I play I'd go lances and either way upgrade to necros. You need answers to FMCs and WKs. Speaking of which you could really use some more dark light. You can drop a wounded WK with rending but I wouldn't rely on that as the primary answer.

Lastly the reaver heavy element should help deal with opposing bikes but it wouldn't be a bad idea to diversify your threats a bit to include some disintegrators to force jinks. I've found I want about an even split of splinter cannons and disi's lately for this very reason. Not to mention they erase meq.
Back to top Go down

1500 tournament semi-competitive (2 options)
Page 1 of 1