THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flyingwhippet
Slave
flyingwhippet

Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500 Empty
PostSubject: Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500   Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 05:42

Hi all, about to expand my Dark Eldar force to 1500. Here is my current 1000 line-up.

HQ

Archon (Shadowfield/Blaster)

Troops

5 Kabalite Warriors (1 Blaster) in Raider (Nightshields, Dark Lance)

Elites

4 Incubi, 1 Klaivex in Venom (Upgraded Twin-Linked Splinter Rifle to Splinter Cannon)

Fast Attack

5 Scourges (4 Haywire Blasters)

Dark Artisan Formation

Cronos
Talos (Chain Flails)
Haemonculus (Syndriq's Pump, Webway Portal)

So I have played a few games and gone pretty well but feel like it is time to bring in more firepower.

I am basically considering adding two Ravagers (Nightshields, leave weapon loadout as Disintegrator Cannons) and a Razorwing Jetfighter (Darklances and Nightshields). This is approximately 1500 points.

So Question: Considering what I already have (the 1000) are there better Take All Comers choices than what I have selected?
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500   Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 17:20

Hello!

So first things first lets take a look at the units you've chosen to bring into your Dark Eldar force.
Archon
Warriors
Incubi
Scourges
Dark Artisian
Ravagers
Razorwings
Venoms
Raiders

Excellent start, these are all among the best units available to us in our Codex. But how you're building these units needs work. There are better ways to field just about every unit you've chosen here! So lets start!

Quote :
Cronos
Talos (Chain Flails)
Haemonculus (Syndriq's Pump, Webway Portal)
Your Dark Artisan. This one is built quite well except you might want to consider a Spirit Probe on the Cronos. It makes the whole unit more survivable which is important because I believe that your Haemy should be your Warlord. For now because I feel we'll need the extra points I'd drop the Pump. Its a great tool but I just want to see if we can squeeze more elements into your force.

Quote :
HQ
Archon (Shadowfield/Blaster)
I'm assuming you had the shadowfield on this guy because he was your Warlord and needed protection. Really, because of the Dark Artisan being a large portion of your army and making the Haemy your Warlord I would completely drop this guy and take a Lhamean. a cheap HQ tax.

Quote :
MSU Warriors Raiders. sweet. but drop the nightshields. these guys dont need that kind of price protection, MSU units need to stay cheap the whole idea is you can afford to lose them.

Quote :
4 Incubi, 1 Klaivex in Venom (Upgraded Twin-Linked Splinter Rifle to Splinter Cannon)
I see this a lot and I dont understand why assault units are being placed in Venoms. The strength of the Venom is having 12 36" poison shots that you'll be positioning around the table to utilize their firepower (ie. you'll be setting them up to shoot things). So having an assault squad inside is a complete waste of points as I see it. OR if you decide to use the Venom as a delivery transport then you'll be positioning it in such a way that its shooting will not be prioritized negating its strength.
Either way you'll be not utilizing your points spent on either the Venom or the Incubi. Put the Incubi in a Raider, you can block and play some board control with that thing after its dropped its payload plus its cheaper and more durable.

Quote :
5 Scourges (4 Haywire Blasters)
All good here.

Okay so now adding up to 1500 by bringing in two Ravagers and a Razorwing is a good choice. some suggestions though is to again drop the Nightshields. On Ravagers a +1 to a cover save is nice but for the 30 points you're spending on two of them IMO its not worth it. Same with the Razorwing. For me Nightshields are extras after the core of your army is built unless you have expensive units that you want to have that extra bit of durability. but because of the lower unit count your list has I would really consider saving the extra points.

Now Disintegrators on your Ravagers is a clear choice when looking at the rest of your list as it seems to be lacking in firepower as you said. However I would opt for Dark Lances here and then replace your Warrior Raiders with Venoms.

Lets take a look at what we have.

CAD
Lhamean
Incubi x4, Raider (DL)
Warriors x5 (Blaster), Venom (SC)
Scourge x5 (HWB x4)
Razorwing Jetfighter
Ravager (3 DL)
Ravager (3 DL)

Dark Artisan
Haemonculus (WWP)
Talos
Cronos (Spirit Probe)

1500 on the nose. I think here each element of your army is fulfilled by a unit built so it can best do its job. all while maintaining a good amount of squads and a balance between anti-armor and anti-infantry firepower. plus the flexibility of being able to swap the Venoms for Raiders on your Warriors if you need more Lances .

Hope that helps some!
Back to top Go down
flyingwhippet
Slave
flyingwhippet

PostSubject: Re: Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500   Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 21:38

Thanks for the in depth reply. That is a good point about the venoms and their range. I will start buying more of them.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500   Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Considering expanding from 1000 to 1500
Page 1 of 1