THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus Tactica

Go down 
+18
Painjunky
Massaen
lowkeyy
Sorrowshard
Judgex83
Gobsmakked
GrenAcid
Shadows Revenge
Cailos
abjectus
eldargal
Crazy_Irish
Thor665
BlckRven
Local_Ork
Deneris
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 15:40

Quote :
t's certainly fun, but (sadly) fun=/=competitive.

Sad is that so many ppl thinks this way. But thats discussion for some other time. Wink

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 15:53

GrenAcid wrote:
Quote :

Sad is that so many ppl thinks this way. But thats discussion for some other time. Wink
Yep, when you are trying to play a game and you are being asked, "Why do you play with them, they are not competitve?" makes you want to yell, "BECAUSE THEY ARE COOL!" so the person would shut up. But that isn't a nice "in public" answer.
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 18:30

I wish they made it raider sized or atleast close to raider sized. Its such a nice model but my store has a policy "if its not in the dex its a no go" and if it was smaller I would just use it as a raider. Oh well I guess I will have to wait for the bomber to come out to have a new shiny.

Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 19:46

I am sad , I see some uses for it , but I dont see it lasting often to reap the benefits of it's potential...

Just like al FW xenos releases it's a bit lame.

Lets start shall we , AV12 open topped , 200+ points *toilet flushes*

Now wipe yourself FW

That is all

Hellion
lowkeyy

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 20:58

An HQ should be able to be attached to most DE units and the mini court would be attached to the HQ. Wouldn't this allow for the Tantalus to be taken as a dedicated transport, avoiding the use of a HS slot and allowing for a nice size DE unit to be transported with the HQ and the mini court?
Let me know if that makes sense or if I missed something in the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?u=39256
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 21:17

Yes , though you have to take a court to avoid using an HS slot, and the court is expensive as all hell to buy and if we are being honest just a little bit meh ...

I just don't understand how you are supposed to keep it alive, marine players complain the derp raven dies too easily for its cost , yet its immune to melta , closed topped has ap missiles or immunity to stun shake , a TL multi melta and something else which t can fire when flat out.

The Tantalus is crap compared to that so if the derpraven is 'not so good' where does it place ?

It really needed a vehicle Shadowfield 3++ that you roll consecutively but runs out and the disinticannons need rending. THEN I think it would justify 200+ points

Only being able to hit one vehicle with the fly over is disappointing it's not melta and it's only str 7 Its unlikely to even kill a single tank , you would have to run over 3-4 and hit them all to net a kill, it's fail all round really.

12 disinti shots is fine on cheapy easy to hide ravagers, 2 ravs cost the same but put out 18 shots and are two targets , that can have cover , the Tantalus is barely more survivable than a ravager, plus we desperately needed some AT, both the Tantalus and the Reaper only give us what we already have only worse and more expensive,

Completely. Pointless
s.

Hellion
lowkeyy

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 21:30

I agree that the stat lines should be upgraded and it would be better severed with unique vehicle armory included into the point cost. I read somewhere that FW accepts opinions and critiques from people who play test with their experimental rules. I believe there is still time to help make this model a more useful fit without being over powered.

As it stands right now I would only use this in a high point value battle. Probably 2,500 and up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?u=39256
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 21:32

GrenAcid wrote:
Quote :

Fun can equal competitive if made propertly. Just look at our codex/orks (latter few years ago just OWNED, both by fluff-taste and rules) .

Also, there is chance FW FAQ it, like they did with Reaper. (? someone mentioned it got better, can't recall who)

I imagine "super heavy transport" as something like this:
Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 1231979592758
except it fly

It lacks of armour/save (5++? Really? More like 4/3++, it's big so IMHO it can hold better [heavier] shield generator)
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 22:22

There is no change to it, it's being published like this , thats where the rules came from , the IA book they just released, no experimental rules or anything. It's a deliberate 2 fingers to the outcry about the sheer fail that was the Reaper rules, it's barely been improved either ...

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 03:07

At S7 plus 2d6 it should do very well against vehicles... apart from the AP1 its very good at getting Penetrating hits!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 04:54

just had thought for coven list. 2x 10 wrack units on each side of tantalus w/ 6 grotes, archon, and 3x haem. When disembarking for assault, 1 haemie join each neighboring wrack squad, each unit ends up with 2 pain tokens for furious charge. Wracks can take 2 liquifiers each' plus one for grotes and 3 for haem. That should take out a big chunk of a flank. Would have to be large game to have room for other units in list to be effective.

Judgex83, if you wanted to use the model for something in codex, it would make a good Dais for Vect. Have a hanger on with a warrior/scourge darklance for the third lance. The dark elf dread lord and throne from black dragon kit would make good base for vect seated on deck like old model. Dais isn't "competitive" in min/max tournament list, but not bad for reg game if 2000+ points. My dais(about size of tatualus made from 1 old, 1 new raider) did well in 5,000pt game played recently.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 07:36

I just love my Tantalus! And i like the rules. The Option to Target 2 Tanks is great, imo.
Declare a Tankshock and Fly over the first with your blades and ramm the Second.

But i guess well have to test the rules(may do it someday this week) to really see how good it is. But i really do not understand some arguments. Yes, two Ravangers have more shots, and may well be placed better, but do not have a transport capacity of 16 or the blade Attacks.

with shockprow he will have:
+1 for being a tank
+2 for Amour over 10 + W3(max2 cause max amour 14)

so basic S4-5.
he'll need to go 18" to get to S10. Thats pretty good.

And the only changes to the Reaper are, that the ID and the Penetrations are on a 5+ instead of 6+. A 5" templet and any vehicle that touches it, gets a Haywire hit.. that is nice.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 08:56

So my eyes were playing tricks on me when I read 7" in the fuzzy preview of reaper, the 5-6pen is good enough for me. The bigger template would have been nice. Oh well, decent rules with great models are enough for me to get them. I table opponents to much right now, forgeworld shinny will freshen up list options and make games more fun for opponents. At least I hope so.

The tantalus would also make good stand in for void raven. For people that want model, but locals don't allow FW rules. The big dissies would be the void lances, and the model is right size and base, blades represent void bomb. (I have used void raven in several games and have yet to use that thing, always seems to be better use of jet then dropping it.)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 12:06

Crazy_Irish wrote:
I just love my Tantalus! And i like the rules. The Option to Target 2 Tanks is great, imo.
Declare a Tankshock and Fly over the first with your blades and ramm the Second.

You know that this is not legal right?

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 12:16

Massaen wrote:
Crazy_Irish wrote:

You know that this is not legal right?

because im targeting 2 different Vehicles?
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 12:49

No, because it can only take 1 unit.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:46

Sorrowshard wrote:
No, because it can only take 1 unit.

I really don't get it XD
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:54

I'm... not quite following where last few messages are heading.

Anyway Irish idea was to use "special attack" to hit 1 tank and ram another, not to mount 2 units inside or shoot 2 uniots with it's Dissies.

And this "double ram" is legal.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 13:59

Oops , lol, ima blame smarphoning from work

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 14:11

Sorrowshard wrote:
Oops , lol, ima blame smarphoning from work

No Probs. I know that it can be destracting, damn work XD ;-)
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 03:50

The FW crew are great artists but a bit dumb. If they made the rules competitive they would sell 500% more product. I would love to buy both of them but bad rules = no sale.

Also what is not fun is being repeatedly beaten because your opponent's list is competitive and yours isn't.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 11:50

Then play someone else. I know, sometimes you just can't but then i would speak to him about it.

Just a thought of mine. As it is allowed, that you can use your blades against one target, and your prow(ramming) against another, would it be possible to also use slave snares?

That would be sick. I would really like it XD

Painjunky: I really do not think that either, the reapers or the tantalus rules are bad. they are not über, they just are average, and that is what i like about it.
If you take the FW Cybot Droppod, than just to use its rules. If you use a Tantalus, that thas because of the model, and its style. i guess less people will not let you play it against them, as its noch a "i'll take it to improve my Army" choice. I like it that way

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 11:56

The reason you can't pass over 1 tank and then ram another is ramming is done in a straight line and impacts the first thing you hit - check out the ramming rules... skimmer jumping to tank shock/ram has long been a no no.

I think the FW models are almost always a collectors peice. I have many eldar tanks and titans to prove I am addicted!!! I very rarely get to use them but when i do its awesome, win or loose.

I already have a reaper and as soon as the tantalus is up for pre-order, I will be ordering it!

Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 13:35

Massaen wrote:
skimmer jumping to tank shock/ram has long been a no no.

Well i guess it didn't reach me, stupid Webway.... XD

So where is the source, as it is the first time i hear of it.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 14:30

Massaen wrote:
The reason you can't pass over 1 tank and then ram another is ramming is done in a straight line and impacts the first thing you hit - check out the ramming rules... skimmer jumping to tank shock/ram has long been a no no.
Where did your hear this from? Because I have always seen it that Skimmer CAN jump when tank shocking and ramming that is what makes skimmer tanks better than normal tanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus Tactica   Tantalus Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus Tactica
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next