THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FW Death from the Skies PDF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

FW Death from the Skies PDF Empty
PostSubject: FW Death from the Skies PDF   FW Death from the Skies PDF I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 13:01

So FW put up a PDF today for using their flyers in Death from the Skies, includes the Raven.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Death-from-the-Skies.pdf

Interesting changes to the combat roles, I like how the Strike Fighters effectively run exactly the same as non DftS flyers.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: FW Death from the Skies PDF   FW Death from the Skies PDF I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 21:29

I truly did not expect FW would cook up all these further advantages for their flyers.  They were strong enough as it was...

But ya to quickly sum up:

Fighters aren't the king of dogfights anymore as interceptors should beat them regularly.  Strike fighters and Air leviathans, which make up slightly less than half of FW's flyers, can choose to skyfire.  The air leviathans can skyfire individual weapons if they choose at differing targets, and can choose to skyfire regardless of line of sight, facing, etc in dogfights (assuming they don't die first).

That's all bad news for the razorwing, and to a lesser extent the voidraven.  Also...  the only FW flyer the dark eldar get is 205 points that you'll literally never field.  It's that bad.

I did laugh at the hell blade only getting an agility of 3 though, as I suspect they may have forgotten their own fluff on that one (which mentions it being "supremely agile" twice, while also describing how it can teleport around the battlefield).  Then again, when you consider how under-costed it is - I'm sort of surprised it got a 5 pursuit.

Overall, I'm pretty thrilled about the forgeworld update even if it is a bit excessive.  I have 2 hell blades and 2 nightwings (converted from high elf dragons) sitting on the shelf that will probably see a lot more of use.  I already field a fire raptor occasionally in support of 2 of my armies (mostly just when opponents bring a wraithknight or riptides), but that beast hasn't changed much. Even if no one ever chooses to dogfight - the break turns, bonuses, and further formation bonuses are all welcome.

The dark kin though got hosed as usual.  So I hope no one went out and bought a wing full of flyers after DFTS dropped.
Back to top Go down
Alvaneron
Hellion
Alvaneron

PostSubject: Re: FW Death from the Skies PDF   FW Death from the Skies PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 11:53

stilgar27 wrote:
Even if no one ever chooses to dogfight - the break turns, bonuses, and further formation bonuses are all welcome.

Break-Turns?
Which one?

The ones that the Raven don´t get because

FW DftS Update wrote:
Zooming Flyers with the Strike-fighter, Air Leviathan or Utility Craft Combat Roles may not make Break Turns

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: FW Death from the Skies PDF   FW Death from the Skies PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24 2016, 17:51

stilgar27 wrote:

Also...  the only FW flyer the dark eldar get is 205 points that you'll literally never field.  It's that bad..

Probably bad form to quote myself, but I did not mention the raven at all except to note that it isn't worth discussing...

I did go on to mention at least 3 other forgeworld flyers I own, which all receive some pretty interesting updates.  I sold my dark eldar flyers back after the 7th edition codex dropped, and have pretty few dark eldar models at all anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FW Death from the Skies PDF   FW Death from the Skies PDF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FW Death from the Skies PDF
Page 1 of 1