THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

LVO UPDATE

Go down 
+18
Massaen
stevethedestroyeofworlds
The Spider
Painjunky
Tounguekutter
Azdrubael
BizarreShowbiz
Daspien
hekatrixxy
Evil Space Elves
Jimsolo
BetrayTheWorld
amorrowlyday
CurstAlchemist
TeenageAngst
Imateria
CptMetal
Dalamar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

LVO UPDATE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 17:24

TeenageAngst wrote:
Quote :
He won plenty of tournaments with pure DE. I think he has aleady proven they can compete. If he wanted to get funky with his list this time and add some craftworlders to make life a little simpler for him he has more than earned it.

He can run whatever he wants to run. I'm just not gonna be like "aye, this guy's proving DE are good cause he's got Reaver spam in with his FW Wraithknight and his scatbikes lmao".

Not a drop of Craftworlder blood shall be allowed in Commorragh school systems, eh Senator Thurmond? Wink
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 18:40

Eldar Craftworlds are the 40k equivalent of refugee rafts. We need extreme vetting before we allow them in our city.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 19:05

We should really make Commoragh great again.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 19:28

Folks, these Ynnadi, they're a mess. Terrible. They're coming to our city, they're bringing gods, they're bringing clowns, they're not raping or smuggling drugs or stealing. And some of them I'm sure are decent people. But we need to control our immigration, and that starts with securing our borders. I propose a wall across the webway that will secure our city. And in that wall will be a big gate where we can let people in, but they have to come through legally.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 19:54

TeenageAngst wrote:
Folks, these Ynnadi, they're a mess. Terrible. They're coming to our city, they're bringing gods, they're bringing clowns, they're not raping or smuggling drugs or stealing. And some of them I'm sure are decent people. But we need to control our immigration, and that starts with securing our borders. I propose a wall across the webway that will secure our city. And in that wall will be a big gate where we can let people in, but they have to come through legally.

This all sounds very reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 20:41

Love the jokes @TeenageAngst but please this is my a-political sanctuary (actually I think there is an in-forum place for realspace politics somewhere). Even imgur has the odd political post or reference of politicians/politicking. While I am in favor of being politically aware and discussing politics with reason and at length with those who hold differing views, the Dark City is not where I want to have those discussions. At least not in the News and Rumors section. Please and thank you.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 20:41

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

This all sounds very reasonable.

I cant see a problem with this either.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 21:09

Tounguekutter wrote:
Love the jokes @TeenageAngst but please this is my a-political sanctuary (actually I think there is an in-forum place for realspace politics somewhere).  Even imgur has the odd political post or reference of politicians/politicking.  While I am in favor of being politically aware and discussing politics with reason and at length with those who hold differing views, the Dark City is not where I want to have those discussions.  At least not in the News and Rumors section.  Please and thank you.

We can go back to s*** talking Josh Death if you want, that never gets old. Or how one of the players apparently wrote their list on a cocktail napkin. I know the group chat I'm in basically turned into the NORAD Santa Tracker for Nick Nanavati's drinking.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 22:47

To be fair to TeenageAngst, I'm the one who made the first political joke in the riff. He just took it in good humor and kept the ball rolling.

Of all the doomsaying, the one that actually had a ring of truth to it was the fear that the new characters would be 'required' units for anyone wanting to make a competitive list. I hope my lists and other lists will remain competitive in the new post-13th Black Crusade era, but a rapidly changing meta could be a very real possibility.
Back to top Go down
The Spider
Hellion
The Spider

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 00:46

Hey folks,

Thought you might like to know what I ran here at the LVO. I narrowly missed out on top 8 by a handful of points but still very pleased with this result. The majority of the force is actually Dark eldar. The Reavers were amazing and did the majority of the heavy lifting.

+++ Void Spiders LVO RAIDER  (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2019) (1850pts) +++

++ DE Realspace Raiders Detachment (Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) v2004) ++

+ HQ +

Court of the Archon
Lhameans [Kabalite Armour, Shaimeshi blade, Splinter Pistol]
Venom [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [Kabalite Armour]
5x Kabalite Warrior [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]

Kabalite Warriors [Kabalite Armour]
5x Kabalite Warrior [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [2x Cluster caltrops, Wychsuit]
4x Reaver [4x Bladevanes, 4x Close combat weapon, 4x Splinter pistol]
4x Reaver jetbike [4x Splinter Rifle]
Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

Reaver jetbike [Blaster]
Reaver jetbike [Blaster]

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) v2018) ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [Ghosthelm, Rune Armour, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade]
Eldar Jetbike [Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult]

+ Troops +

Windriders
3x Windrider w/ Scatter Laser [3x Eldar Jetbike, 3x Mesh Armour, 3x Scatter Laser]

Windriders
3x Windrider w/ Scatter Laser [3x Eldar Jetbike, 3x Mesh Armour, 3x Scatter Laser]

Windriders

Windriders

Windriders

+ Lord of War +

Skathach Wraithknight [FW] [2x Inferno Lance, Webway Shunt]

Cheers,

Lawrence
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 00:54

Jimsolo wrote:
To be fair to TeenageAngst, I'm the one who made the first political joke in the riff.  He just took it in good humor and kept the ball rolling.  

Of all the doomsaying, the one that actually had a ring of truth to it was the fear that the new characters would be 'required' units for anyone wanting to make a competitive list.  I hope my lists and other lists will remain competitive in the new post-13th Black Crusade era, but a rapidly changing meta could be a very real possibility.

BIS syndrome is a real kick to the shins when it comes to cool or sentimental models. I liked Magnus. Now I don't, because I see several unpainted grey plastic Magnuses (Magni?) at my local hobby shop every week running over other players who don't have access to the overpowered super-model du-jour.

Edit: Nice job, Lawrence. Glad to see you beat Phil on day 1 lol

Last edited by TeenageAngst on Mon Feb 06 2017, 00:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 01:22

BIS syndrome?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 01:25

Jimsolo wrote:
BIS syndrome?

Best in slot, the tendency for people to fill a slot with only one unit because it's "the best". Scatbikes for Eldar, Reavers for Dark Eldar, Riptide Wings, Spider Aspect Hosts, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 02:41

@The_Spider This is probably a dumb question, but how did you take 2 1-in-3 items (Caltrops or Blasters) on a 4 model Reaver squad? Wouldn't you be limited to 1 Blaster and 1 Caltrop per 4 man squad until you added 2 more bodies to the squad? Thank you and congratulations.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 03:17

Tounguekutter wrote:
@The_Spider This is probably a dumb question, but how did you take 2 1-in-3 items (Caltrops or Blasters) on a 4 model Reaver squad? Wouldn't you be limited to 1 Blaster and 1 Caltrop per 4 man squad until you added 2 more bodies to the squad?  Thank you and congratulations.
The list has an odd layout, but its 6 man squads. 4 of those are standard reavers, and two have the special stuff

Hellion
The Spider

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 04:13

Indeed, an odd layout. They are 6 man units with 2 Caltrops and 2 blasters in each.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 04:32

The Spider wrote:
Thought you might like to know what I ran here at the LVO. I narrowly missed out on top 8 by a handful of points but still very pleased with this result.

Excellent showing! I'd actually be interested in seeing how you run this list with the blasters on the reavers. It's obviously effective, so I might need to revisit prior opinions.

Top 10ish at LVO is no small feat. Congratulations, once again! Do you happen to know how many other competitors there were this year?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 06:35

Around 400

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The Spider
Hellion
The Spider

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 06:55

400(ish) players. I will have a full video release on my channel covering all of the games and tactics soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 07:04

"Impressive. Most impressive."

Thanks everyone for the clarification about squad size.

Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 13:46

The Spider wrote:
400(ish) players. I will have a full video release on my channel covering all of the games and tactics soon Smile

Thanks for the list! Looking forward to seeing the batreps and how you did as well as you did. Great showing. I was cheering for you.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 13:55

The Spider wrote:

Please post a link! As the proud owner of 30 reavers, I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:36

Draco wrote:
The Spider wrote:

Please post a link! As the proud owner of 30 reavers, I'm excited.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 08:55

Interesting topic and a great showing from some of our own denizens at the LVO. Polite reminder please to keep the thread on topic and keep politics out of the forum. Thanks - Count Adhemar

mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
mattblowers

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2017, 15:40

Count Adhemar wrote:
Interesting topic and a great showing from some of our own denizens at the LVO. Polite reminder please to keep the thread on topic and keep politics out of the forum. Thanks - Count Adhemar

The bright, bold, red letters always make me clinch my butt a bit. It's like in grade school when the teacher was yelling at the class. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LVO UPDATE   LVO UPDATE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LVO UPDATE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next