THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list. Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.   2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 20:44

So way back when i started to play 40k i loved the tarpit that was wyches(removing the extra attack for a 2nd ccw, halfing the ws of incoming attacks and a 4++ in combat really kept them going), amazingly useful for an army that didnt really want to be in cc with anything else. and as such i am greatly looking forward to using them in the same way again.

Archon: Agoniser, P.G.L.  61
Archon: Agoniser. 58

5x Incubi.  90

10xWarrior: S.cannon. 85
10xWarrior: S.cannon.  85
10xWarrior: S.cannon. 85
10xWyches: Agoniser, 3 Hydra Gauntlets, P.G.L.  109
10xWyches: Agoniser, 3 Hydra Gauntlets, P.G.L.  109

5xScourge: 4xD.Lance.  150

Ravager: 3xD.Lance, Shock Prow.  156

6xRaider: D.Lance, shock prow.  111*6(696)

1996pts.

Now this list isnt particularly optimized, it is almost identical to my old list with a few differences here and there.
But i think it could do fairly well for itself with the wyches to ties up targets i can't/dont want to engage yet(or want tied up) the warriors and incubi to deal with infantry and the ravagers, scourge and raiders to put down as much lance fire as ive got to deal with vehicles.

Last edited by helvexis on Mon Jun 05 2017, 02:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding hq and shock prows)
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.   2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04 2017, 21:49

You need another HQ for the battalion detachment I'm afraid. Otherwise, I like it. Raiders are reasonably tough in this edition which is great and I think maxing out on blasters is the way to go, because tanks in general are that bit harder to kill. The cheapest way I can think of to get the other HQ in there is to take an Archon with just an Agoniser which is 58 pts. You can get that by dropping 1 incubi and two Splinter cannons or blasters or even a mix and match of that depending on what you value most between the lances and the poison. I would also recommend shock prows to fill the points, they're pretty reasonable and they only cost a point.

I'm not sold or unsold on Wyches yet this edition. While they are they only unit in the game (bar Blood Brides) that can effectively tarpit a unit due to the no escape rule, this is still only a roll off. Moreover, getting them in to combat through overwatch is still daunting, hence why you should definitely take shock prows to let your raiders soak up the overwatch.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.   2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05 2017, 01:29

huh so it does, derp, blasters will probably be dropped there and an incubi.

yeah but we win ties so we will be keeping them in combat more often than not. Raiders will be soaking overwatch with or without the shock prows but yes should have thought of them!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.   2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Battalion detatchment. 8th list.
Page 1 of 1