THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Exploding Transports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Exploding Transports Empty
PostSubject: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 12:53

Ok, just wondering how others are reading this:

Transports
"If a Transport is destroyed, any units embarked within it immediately disembark (see below) before thre transport model is removed, but you must then roll one dice for each model you just set up on the battlefield. For each roll of 1, a model that disembarked (your choice) is slain."

Explodes
"If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6 before removing the model from the battlefield; on a 6 it explodes, and each unit within 3" suffers D3 mortal wounds."

So, in which order would you do this?

Would you disembark passengers before the Explodes roll? Meaning that they may take damage from the disembark AND then may take damage from the Explodes?
Or would you do the Explodes result first? Meaning the passengers only get their own damage roll and are NOT also hit by the Explodes?

Do you see this as a "Sequencing" and "same time" thing giving you the choice?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 12:57

They seem to occur at the same time (ie, before the transport model is removed from the table) which means that the player whose turn it is decides the order. The 'immediately' in the disembark rule might muddy the waters though as you could argue that this implies it happens before anything without that qualifier.

Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 14:13

I'd say that they suffer from both, and that order is irrelevant.

Also; am I the only one that wishes this explosion was a bit more... regular. As in on a 2+?

#TotallyNotPlanningAPincushionRaiderChargeInWhichIStretchAsManyEmptyRaidersInto3"RangeOfAsManyEnemyUnitsAsICan.

Mortal Wounds are Love. Mortal Wounds are Life.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 14:21

If the explosion occurs before the passengers disembark then they are not on the table at the time and don't get hit.

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 18:11

The destroyed rule actually specifies before models are disembarked.
SO I say they only suffer one, but not the explosion.
The reason why it is only on a 6 is because otherwise it could be more usefull to shoot your own weak wounded transport then the enemy, just so you get the destroyed result and they suffer damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploding Transports   Exploding Transports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploding Transports
Page 1 of 1