THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 00:29

So I'm thinking of running an Ynnari force of harlies and Drukhari, with the core of the force being 5 man troupes in either venoms or weavers, with some bikes and probably ravagers for some AT. Question is, which transports do you guys think are best for the job? Or would it be better to run it as a giant footslogging army with shadowseers for the double move?
Back to top Go down
drynwyn
Slave
drynwyn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 02:11

As Venoms specify that they carry Drukhari infantry, Harlequins, which are <masque> infantry, cannot embark on them.

That shouldn't bother you, though, as point-for-point a Starweaver is noticeably superior to a Venom. It's major weakness is that the only thing it can carry, Harlequins, is really expensive.

Do take a Shadowseer or two, their Shield From Harm will go far in preserving your fragile and expensive Harlequins when they inevitably have to disembark, and Twilight Pathways gives you excellent charge threat range, even without Rising Crescendo.

I would advise against a footslog blob if you're using Harlequins, as they are too expensive and too fragile to benefit much. Twilight Pathways only increases your move to equal that of a Starweaver, and you can only hit one unit per turn with it if you're playing Matched Play (per the "Psychic Focus" mission rule.) Footslog blobs work better with cheap to midrange fast infantry such as Wyches, Hellions, and Guardians.

However, consider supplementing what you have some Eldar Rangers. Sniper support is very valuable this edition, as many character bubbles are very strong. Ynnari Rangers do very well at dropping enemy characters, especially if you use Word of the Phoenix to let them shoot twice.

If you want to focus on Harlequins, you might actually be better off without the Reborn Warhost- remember, you can assemble a detachment composed of models whose only common faction keyword is "Aeldari" without being a Reborn Warhost. Rising Crescendo is pretty darn good, and without it your harlies are vulnerable to being tarpitted.
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 02:40

Do Ynnari not get to ride in any aeldari transport?

And thanks for the useful info, I don't want to focus on harlies, more have them be the main troops, while I have dark eldar provide the ranged weaponry, though it sounds like I'll be grabbing at least 5 rangers

Slave
drynwyn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 02:43

HedonisiusVex wrote:
Do Ynnari not get to ride in any aeldari transport?

And thanks for the useful info, I don't want to focus on harlies, more have them be the main troops, while I have dark eldar provide the ranged weaponry, though it sounds like I'll be grabbing at least 5 rangers

Only the Ynnari *characters* get Ynnead's Will, which allows them to embark on any faction's transport. Other Ynnari models are restricted to their factional transports.
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 02:50

Ah I see, I misread that then, thanks for the enlightenment Smile

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 03:04

Here is a trick to get Starweavers

Skyweavers are goof in Ynnari (one of the few units in Harlequins that are better as Ynnari) you can take a Dedicated Transport for that unit.

Same for a Solitaire, he can take one as well.

Its cheese yes, but its allowed.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 04:12

Yes you can get them - but since only harlequins can ride them (except the solitaire and bikes) its not a huge big deal to get them... and not cheese at all

Skyweavers get worse in ynnari as rising crescendo on a bike with a high move, set advance distance and fly is amazing

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
HedonisiusVex
Hellion
HedonisiusVex

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 04:17

With this all this new info I think I'll be sticking to Aeldari instead of Ynnari to keep rising crescendo and get myself some bikes. Thanks guys!

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 04:19

Might be different in Ynnari as your trying to over kill units, so, might not be good, but just my experience from a Harlequin army POV

Many times when i play them (I play 6) they dont even kill many things in melee, turn 1 never. They are great for turn 3 when units are hiding in cover, ran or just very weak.

With that said, Harlequins Rising Crescendo is extremely effective, its for sure equal to Ynnari.

HedonisiusVex wrote:
With this all this new info I think I'll be sticking to Aeldari instead of Ynnari to keep rising crescendo and get myself some bikes. Thanks guys!

If your playing Troupes, then yes stay Aeldari.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 04:24

The reason rising crescendo trumps soul burst for bikes in particular is the stacking of buffs and the lower damage dealing effects on 8th of the bikes.

The ability to fall back out of combat in any direction and then shoot and charge is amazing - and the huge threat range T1 can often net you a charge T1

Yes, soul burst can see you move or shoot or charge again... but it relies on an external trigger. Rising crescendo does not

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22 2017, 04:29

No i agree its great for them, but i'm also saying they are good for Ynnari.

Ynnari doesnt have tougher Bikes this fills the roll, a -1 4++ is hard to break, sometimes survival is better than letting a unit die for SFD.

I love my bikes in Harlequins, charging a Tank > fall back > shoot > charge again, is just amazing!
Thats why i was saying its one of the strongest abilities Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?   Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari transports; Venoms or weavers?
Page 1 of 1