THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing flock spam - its amazing

Go down 
+48
Tzelok
Keast Kannegaard
Marrath
Painjunky
UlrikTheSlayer
Britishgrotesque
Barrywise
amorrowlyday
Sslyth
Sess
aurynn
Jinky
TheBaconPope
krayd
Seshiru
Groan
|Meavar
Bugs_N_Orks
sumguy777
PFI
Will_Wallace85
Mppqlmd
Jimsolo
CptMetal
Count Adhemar
TeenageAngst
Cerve
Quauchtemoc
alexwellace
PartZebra
Weidekuh
mynamelegend
Massaen
Ikol
eric.emerson
sekac
lmrz
Subsanity
closecraig
RedRegicide
colinsherlow
The Red King
Hellstrom
Drugo
amishprn86
Rabblerouser
Squidmaster
joez5
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 13:41

Shhhhh!

Don't mention that you would pay double the points.

Actually if the flocks were double the points I would want to see a little something else rules wise. Maybe mini rending or something.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 15:22

Must say I really, really miss their Rending attacks. I was rolling bucketloads of dice last game and got a lot of hits due to the rerolls but needing 6 to wound and then seeing them bounce off 3+ armour was rather sad. But what do you expect at 7ppm?

lmrz
Hellion
lmrz

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 17:24

I bought some of the zombicide razorcrows and used them against 'nids last weekend. Models are about the right size, without a comparison the bases are pretty much 25mm style.

They are a little bendy, not sure how well paint would hold on them? but for £1 per flock for ebayers you can't complain.

Although... you might want to buy more dice if you plan on fielding the full 15 flocks.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 18:28

I just got my Razorwing flocks in the mail yesterday! Yeah they are a little bendy, but I am not overly concerned about that. They will be fairly easy to clean up as well.  I have just enough 40mm bases to make my swarms.

I am playing an ITC 1650points tournament next weekend. I am going to run 20 flocks.

The rest of my army is ravagers, Razorwing jet fighters and mounted units.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 29 2017, 20:57

Ive been playing mine for a week now and the bend doesnt hurt at all, also the paint is fine on them (better than FW resin lol).

Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 JaaSAYS

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 02:43

Perhaps I'll get a box...I already have 6 of the GW ones.
Back to top Go down
eric.emerson
Slave
eric.emerson

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 04:08

Don't major tournaments enforce a GW only (or mostly) rule?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 05:45

eric.emerson wrote:
Don't major tournaments enforce a GW only (or mostly) rule?

I played against someone who ran a Khornedog list last year at the NOVA Open GT that consisted entirely out of toy squids and sharks for screamers and dogs respectively. He ran it as the Sharknado list.

Also I hope my bird evangel reaches the top table of NOVA so those bastards at Warhammer TV covering the event can broadcast the dumpster fire that is now their game.

I got my first box of birds in the mail today and will be putting them on bases tomorrow, then practicing with them on Wednesday. If all goes well I'll be ordering a new box every week until NOVA.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 06:25

Well, at least you'll be busy.

I think I've mentioned before, but I'll be watching for the "Bird List" when NOVA starts up.

Here's hoping that when you reach that top table, your opponent spammed Brimstone Horrors. Poorly painted ones at that.

Really show off the quality gameplay that is 8th edition 40K.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 06:56

I'm gonna be standing at the top table with all the splendid grandeur of a hobo, slapping my birds down in my deployment zone as I take long draws out of a bottle of Jack Daniels with my other hand. I will smell like stripper sweat and cheap perfume, and from the perspective of the overhead camera, a paper bracelet on my wrist will be visible as the birds get shuffled to and fro. I will belligerently argue about the position of my opponent's whatever, it doesn't matter, because the well reasoned argument behind the complaints will invariably "...like your mom did on the stage last night." All this will be broadcast on Warhammer TV, livestreamed to however many people watch that thing. And as I deconstruct for them every single reason why this game blows chunks, I will be swilling pina coladas out of one hand and straight Jim Beam out of the other, the Jim Beam masquerading as a Manhattan.

God, I can almost taste it.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 07:33

TeenageAngst wrote:
I'm gonna be standing at the top table with ..... blah blah blah

Enjoy your one victory before your behaviour has you banned from events around the world as word and the video gets out.

This is exactly the sort of behaviour and attitude that hurts the game and the community at large. Evil or Very Mad

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 08:32

You do realize the NOVA GT has a "charity bar" run and sponsored by the event coordinator right? Last year there was a very prominent box of booze sitting atop the judges table. This is how we Americans run 40k events: completely plastered.

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 08:40

The ability to do something whilst inebriated does not somehow make the thing being done better.

It can make it seem more fun, but I wouldn't go into one of my martial arts comps, or national 29er skiff regattas drunk.

Mostly because I'm a preternaturally clumsy drunk, and don't really enjoy the mind-addling effects of alcohol, but that's not the point.

Be an absolute arse-hole about the games poor design at the table if you must, but have enough class to look respectable when you're doing it.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:02

You Australians really need to come stateside for a competition sometime, at least when I'm playing I'm only drinking. I had to wake my opponent up from a hangover to play my 4th round last year. Of course I'm a sportsman and gave him some hair of the dog before we started the match.

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:03

The amusing thing here is that from a standpoint of cultural stereotypes; we are the drunkards.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:06

Also about 3-4 drinks is necessary to be in the proper mindset for competitive 40k. Playing sober is actually a handicap.

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:07

lol!

I'll take your word for it.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:15

I have the same attitude to pool.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:28

Yep, my friends always do dbls, most of them are 1/2 if not fully drunk for the games lol.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 10:57

As far as I'm concerned being around drunk people while sober is one of those punishments Dante inflicts on sinners in hell, and I'd rather sell every miniature I have than keep the hobby up if I had to become a drunk to play it. But it's good to see that you all make it work, more power to you.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 14:16

I might not take my examples to the same religious extremes as our friend @mynamelegend, but having had a mostly sober friend group for the past several years of my life, I'd certainly prefer to engage in discussion that all parties enjoy and remember, rather than the "once every three months" parties we have where everyone wakes up in the arms of their friend's partners and no one's quite sure how we got our shoes stuck to the underside of the table.

Those can be fun too Surprised , but I've always preferred to play my wargames sober.

Back to top Go down
Weidekuh
Slave
Weidekuh

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 14:16

Ikol wrote:
...or national 29er skiff regattas drunk.

Heyoo! Sailed that thing 17 years ago. Had a blast. Went to the big brother untill they upgraded the rigg. Was too expensive for me back then. Very Happy

Sorry for OT: Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 30 2017, 14:20

Weidekuh wrote:
Heyoo! Sailed that thing 17 years ago. Had a blast. Went to the big brother untill they upgraded the rigg. Was too expensive for me back then.

A fellow skiff sailor in the Wargaming Commmunity?  What a rare occurrence!  A shame you couldn't stick with the 49er, I've sailed them once or twice and the new rigs are frighteningly fast.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 04:22

TeenageAngst wrote:
You do realize the NOVA GT has a "charity bar" run and sponsored by the event coordinator right? Last year there was a very prominent box of booze sitting atop the judges table. This is how we Americans run 40k events: completely plastered.

I played LVO this year and have played all around the world including as part of the aussie team in 2012 for the ETC. Drinking while gaming is nothing new for me or something that bothers me.

What I was referring to is your belligerent and poor attitude and behaviour you propose if you made the top table and stream. The poor sportsmanship on display is what would get you banned - not the drinking (though each contributes to the other).

Presenting yourself with some class and decorum while playing (win or lose) is the mark of proper sportsmanship

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 01 2017, 04:48

If I'm at the top table there's a good chance I'll already be acquainted with the person I'm playing. I have no malice towards them at all. Only GW, and the corporate schmucks they'll send to cover the game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing flock spam - its amazing   Razorwing flock spam - its amazing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing flock spam - its amazing
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next