THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How does Poison Work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RedTexan
Slave
RedTexan

How does Poison Work? Empty
PostSubject: How does Poison Work?   How does Poison Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 21:53

Hey everyone. So I am new to 40k and chose the Harlequins and Dark Eldar as my jumping in point. I have been reading a ton on reddit, this forum, and my index and I keep seeing "poison" referenced a lot in regards to shots by Kabalite Warriors, Venoms, etc. I can not for the life of me find anything that says what poison does or how to even put it on my units gear. What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: How does Poison Work?   How does Poison Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 22:36

Poison wound on a fixed number (mostly 4+) on non-vehicule target and 6+ against vehicule.
Back to top Go down
RedTexan
Slave
RedTexan

PostSubject: Re: How does Poison Work?   How does Poison Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 22:40

Ah okay. I see where that applies now. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I figured it would be something super simple I was missing.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: How does Poison Work?   How does Poison Work? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 22:45

In the previous edition Poison was a universal special rule, which meant most of our weapons would have something like Poison (4+) in the profile. This edition they have done away with universal special rules, and instead write out the abilities in full each time.

Basically, most commentators just keep the old terminology because almost everyone knows what it means. It takes someone new coming along to remind us that isn't necessarily the case.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does Poison Work?   How does Poison Work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does Poison Work?
Page 1 of 1