THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex

Go down 
+68
Burnage
sekac
Eldur
mynamelegend
Swordxart
AzraeI
The Shredder
ferrusmanus
Oaka
Lord Asvaldir
sweetbacon
Red Corsair
Cerve
Axmar
DevilDoll
velaresh
benmet
Banbaji
Skulnbonz
DarkSovereign
HERO
Vailex
fisheyes
Ripper.McGuirl
Gelmir
Grimcrimm
WrackYourBrains
krayd
Razorfate
Rodi Sikni
AlCorps
Azdrubael
albions-angel
Pippolele
Stea1k
effespwnz
Devilogical
Cavash
TheBaconPope
Kalmah
ursvamp
Alezya
Archon_91
havik110
Darklord
Yawn
The Strange Dark One
GreyArea
harlokin
Scrz
sesitos fritos
Ubernoob1
Subsanity
rtynd057
Koldan
ArchonessNabu
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
Talos
Tiax_Dalrok
dumpeal
Hanga
JRG
Denegaar
Sarcron
Kurtix
Silverglade
Barking Agatha
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 20:46

I watched the entire 5h Skari marathon where he went through the codex. And honestly I am very satisfied. The Army seems more fun. I do still wish we were given more HQ choices, mobility options, Lieutenant variants. A shame. But I for instance rarely played Cults as they were too hit or miss in my local shooty/castle meta. And I never played Hellions even as a lark. Now I very much want to play Cults Along with the others. Of course time will tell where the codex improved, weakened and by how much. Still laughing at how we receive so wasted relic slots on mediocre pistols. Made not mediocre by their own merits but by comparison to the viability of the non-pistol ones. I rather think it's a inside joke.

But this much better than just the coat of paint i feared we'd receive. Perhaps somewhere down the line we will receive more new models, I won't intend to hold my breath.

I look forward to getting my own copy.

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 20:54

Rodi Sikni wrote:

2- Usefull melee HQ. I know that lot of you wants HQ thar buffing units or cheap. I like them to be beast of nature, I can't conceive a lider of an incursión of DE being a office worker while is happening a bloody Party.

It's weird that you say this, given that the Archon is completely toothless now. Neutral

This is an Archon vs. a mighty Tactical Marine:
Hskblade - 1.85 wounds
Agoniser - 1.39 wounds
PT Agoniser - 1.85 wounds
Venom Blade - 1.74 wounds
Power Sword - 1.74 wounds

As a comparison, the old Huskblade would have averaged ~3.5 wounds.

But sure, practically halving the damage of the Archon's only good weapon, so that he's so crap in melee he struggles to kill a single Tactical Marine makes him a "beast of nature".

Please. He's far more of an "office worker" now than he was before. Perhaps he can fetch some coffee for his transport, since I'm pretty sure it's significantly better at melee than he is. Rolling Eyes

Scrz and TheBaconPope like this post

Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 21:08

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Rodi Sikni wrote:

2- Usefull melee HQ. I know that lot of you wants HQ thar buffing units or cheap. I like them to be beast of nature, I can't conceive a lider of an incursión of DE being a office worker while is happening a bloody Party.

It's weird that you say this, given that the Archon is completely toothless now. Neutral

Hskblade - 1.85 wounds
Agoniser - 1.39 wounds

But sure, practically halving the damage of the Archon's only good weapon, so that he's so crap in melee he struggles to kill a single Tactical Marine makes him a "beast of nature".

Please. He's far more of an "office worker" now than he was before. Perhaps he can fetch some coffee for his transport, since I'm pretty sure it's significantly better at melee than he is. Rolling Eyes

You can build a archon with 8 ataks with S5 pa-3 d3
Or 5 S4 ap-2 d3 reroll to wound with sv2++ 5+++ -1 to hit him.

They are not drazhar, but i'm sure that they kill more marines that what you said
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 21:12

Rodi Sikni wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Rodi Sikni wrote:

Hskblade - 1.85 wounds
Agoniser - 1.39 wounds

Or 5 S4 ap-2 d3 reroll to wound with s2++ 5+++ -1 to hoy him.

They are nota drazhar, but i'm aire that they kill more marines that what you said

But that's with artefacts and warlord traits. Try again without using either.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Archons should be able to at least be competent in melee without those things. Otherwise, they should have actual support abilities - not the same, crap aura that *still* doesn't work inside or out of transports.

Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 21:23

I agree with you. I think the same, but not GW. If we had more options iI would be more upset about It, but having only one hq choice for each subfaction I just think about it like another equipment choice. I always will miss my 5th edition archon with hulksblade, soulstrap and drugs.

But that doesn't means that with the actual codex you can 't build a competent melee archon. And I prefer that than have an archon babysitting my ravagers.

It's ideal? Hell no, but at least it is.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 21:28

I don’t think it’s fair to criticise the Archon because he’s potentially not so good without warlord traits and relics.

If they made him a bit of a monster then there is the risk of warlord traits etc making him OP. There are some decent combos that make the Archon what ever you want him to be.

I get that a space marine captain can just walk out with his thunder hammer or storm shield etc and that’s a fair point to make.

I think after reviewing the new codex rules our Archon is quite good. He’s cheap, can be turned into a combat monster, gets you access to Trueborn and has the ability to buff loads of units! I don’t know enough about all the other armies in the game but our Archon does seem unique in just how many units he buffs.

I wouldn’t compare a basic Archon to a basic SM Captain. I’d prefer to compare the best Archon we can make to the best SM Captain you can make. Some will be better and some won’t.

Based on our special rules I’d back a Succubus vs a lot of things in the game!
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 21:36

There is literally no point in math hammering out the Archon (or any other HQ) with no obsessions, relics, warlord traits or diversions taken into account. That's not how the game is played.

Cerve, WrackYourBrains and Dark Elf Dave like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:06

Did the Ossefactor change?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:25

Dark Elf Dave wrote:

Sr 6 Ap-3 D2, no special rules
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:30

Cerve wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:

Cheers Cerve...1 shot yeah? It’s sort of ok to be honest...LG seems a bit better do you think?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:44

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Rodi Sikni wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Rodi Sikni wrote:

Hskblade - 1.85 wounds
Agoniser - 1.39 wounds

Or 5 S4 ap-2 d3 reroll to wound with s2++ 5+++ -1 to hoy him.

They are nota drazhar, but i'm aire that they kill more marines that what you said

But that's with artefacts and warlord traits. Try again without using either.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Archons should be able to at least be competent in melee without those things. Otherwise, they should have actual support abilities - not the same, crap aura that *still* doesn't work inside or out of transports.

This is how the game WORKS, why you don't understand? Every beatstick in the game just upgrades himeslf with relics, traits, and/or promotions!

You want a BG perspective? Ok: tell me what Archon will be what it is, without no shiny lethal toys. I answer for you: NO ONE! They are ARCHONS, They're full of pride, they WANTS the best toys for themselves.

It is a fluffy perspective, it is a game perspective, it is a for fun perspective and it is a competitive perspective!
Relics ARE items. Are equipments, just special equipments. Your rants are completely NO-SENSE, it's like arguig that you want that a Devastator squad should be able killing veichles without picking up heavy weapons, just with bolters! Because "it should work without upgrades" what the heck!
Relics are no different from equipments, they're just limited to one. You pay points for huskblades, you pay different points for relics, that's it.

Do you want a political one? You have a freaking MASTERMIND RAID who brings rerolls to EVERYONE. It is a game of battles, what do you want from him, telling laws? Ask for bills? What?

This is the best Drukhari Codex ever made, and you still pissed because of the Archon, what-the-heck?! Enjoy life, open your eyes, sto arguing for stupid things and play the game as intendend. Or just don't play it! I can't belive you still point out the same topic every day dude! It's a pain reading you, just bring respect to who reads you! You don't like the thing, ok FINE, we got it! It is a game, you should enjoy it, c'mon! Just accept it.

C'mon dude, it is an amazing Codex, maybe the best GW ever written in years. Read the Goonhammer review, look Tabletop Titans, Skari, everyone is super happy with that!

Warlord traits and relics ARE part of the game. The Codex BRINGS you 3 different ways for upgrade multiple characters. IT-IS-THE-GAME, you don't like it? Don't play it. But it is how it works, and you know why? It is a design matter: because Drukhari lives on REPUTATION, every our character is an evil HERO who builds on his reputation, and that's why relics and traits: because we're not freaking Imperial Guards, we are HEROES with our personality and evil PRIDE!
Do you really know the army you're playing?

For f*ck sake...sorry but you can be so annoying dude. Stop with this sad behaviour, just enjoy something.

WrackYourBrains, Sarkesian, Glass Battleaxe, Grimoire and Kurtix like this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:48

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Cerve wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:

Cheers Cerve...1 shot yeah? It’s sort of ok to be honest...LG seems a bit better do you think?

Yes I guess so, but with DT you still have D3 that will wounds on 2+ (usually) so...it can works. But yeah, Liquegun should be better (but are 10 points, while Osse is 5).
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:55

Cerve I fell victim to my own frustrations the other day where I just got so tired of reading the same negative rhetoric over and over again.

I decided to block those I find to be too negative too often and since then I feel like Im enjoying the debate so much more. I suggest you do the same.

WrackYourBrains likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 22:55

But even if you compare the "beatsicks" of the other armies without their relics and upgrades and traits, we are sorely lacking.

A Blood angels Primaris marine captain with mc power sword kills 4 Marines, without his super doctrine, assault doctrine, relics, rerolls and warlord traits. While an unbuffed, unequipped archon kills 1?

There's something rotten in the state of commoragh

The Strange Dark One, TheBaconPope and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 23:00

On a different mathhammery topic,
Did I math it the wrong way or a hydra gauntlets pretty useless now in comparison to Razorflails and Impalers?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20 2021, 23:05

But we're not Space Marines. We're the fragile race, it's ok being not lethal as them in terms of raw force. It's like wanting an elf being stronger than a dwarf.

-------

https://www.thedarkcity.net/viewtopic.php?t=19172
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40