THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Invitational RTT 1st Place

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

Invitational RTT 1st Place Empty
PostSubject: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 14:08

Here is the list. You will notice that its 1910 points. This is because BS had the reavers at 10 points and we ruled they were 20. I also purposely did not take the razorflail succubus because it will get nerfed.

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [63 PL, 10CP, 1,155pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power

Raiding Forces - CP Refund [2CP]

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Overlord, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Djin Blade
. Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 115pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 115pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal, Splinter racks

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal, Splinter racks

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [16 PL, , 315pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers (All-Consuming)

+ HQ +

Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]

+ Troops +

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]
. Acothyst: Liquifier Gun, Wrack Blade
. Wrack w/ Special Weapon: Liquifier Gun
. 3x Wracks: 3x Wrack Blade

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [27 PL, 1CP, 440pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Cult of Strife: The Spectacle of Murder (Restricted)

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 75pts]: 4 - Painbringer (Combat Drug), Precision Blows, The Triptych Whip, Warlord
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive
. Show Stealer (Strife): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, -1CP, 135pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Morvaines's Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Stratagem: Hekatrix of the Crucibael
. 8x Hekatrix Bloodbride: 8x Hekatarii Blade, 8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

Wyches [6 PL, 110pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 8x Wych: 8x Hekatarii Blade, 8x Plasma Grenades, 8x Splinter Pistol
. Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [9 PL, 120pts]: 6 - Splintermind (Combat Drug)
. Arena Champion: Splinter Rifle
. 5x Reaver: 5x Bladevanes, 5x Splinter Pistol, 5x Splinter Rifle
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat Lance

++ Total: [106 PL, 11CP, 1,910pts] ++

Last edited by Vailex on Thu Apr 15 2021, 14:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 14:08

1st game against Sisters:

The player is a super nice guy and a top player in the ITC and was playing sisters which roughly consisted of Bloody Rose with Celestine, inquisitor, Imagifier, generic captain, repentia, zephrym, seraphim, st katherine, 3 multi melta squads and some sisters.  It was mainly a melee list but was fast and could hit hard.  I got first turn and killed as many chicks with wings that I could.  I had never played sisters in 9th yet so I wasnt sure what to focus on but I wanted to take away his speed which could remove me from objectives.  His turn 1 he blew up half of my raiders which was a smart move.  

Round 2 I disembarked and assaulted the midfield and killed as many multi melta girls as I could.  I tried to get to the repentia but he had them screened wisely.  The incubi and Drazhar killed the screen but could not get into the repentia.  He then proceeded to snipe Drazhar with a melta gun inquisitor and murder the incubi. Note that tormentors and grisly trophies helped make him fight last with 1 unit of repentia, which was huge but this would be the only time it went off the entire tournament.

Round 3 I disembark the wyches and succubus.  I also outflank some wracks and got them onto objectives.  I move a last remaining raider onto his back objective to tie up and whittle down his sisters on that objective.  I kill all but a few repentia, the wyches and succubus fall but he is running low on obsec at this point.

We didn't make it to turn 4 as the round was called but talked through round 4.  I won by 6 or 8 points, honestly I was surprised I won this game.  It was a close call.  Mainly I won because I pushed him off of objectives starting turn 2 so he didn't score a lot of primaries.  I would continue to do this the rest of the tournament.

Game 2 against Black Templar:
List was Marshall, Captain, Chaplain, Assault intercessor squads, termi squad, Intercessor squads, outriders and a mario cart.  The player was still trying to get into 40k after a hiatus so he wasnt that experienced but a nice guy none the less.  He got first turn and exposed his anti tank too early so my turn 1 I killed his dreads and anything that could take down a raider.  Game was over by turn 3 with 90 something points to me.

Game 3 against Chaos Soup:
Also a good player. List was Magnus, Morty, Super Chicken, Keeper of Secrets, Blood Thirster and 4 units of nurglings. I got first turn and nuked the keeper down to 3 wounds with shooting and hung back towards my board edge because of warptime and the speed of the keeper.  His turn 1 he moves the keeper in and warptimes morty up and smites a bus open with super chicken.  Morty kills another bus but the kabs spill out onto objectives away from melee.  Turn 2 I disembark wyches and succubus, shoot the keeper dead and take morty down to 3 or 4 wounds.  I assault Magnus and Mortarion killing them both.  I move up the flanks and start pushing things off objectives.   Turn 3 He smites more units and the blood thirster kills a raider.  I return fire with the kabs inside and assault the thirster taking it out.  Incubi disembark and charge super chicken along with the succubus killing him though I had to fight twice with drazhar to finish it.  It was game at that point.  He had one unit of nurglings left so we called it with me getting 90 something points.

Stars of the tournament were the trueborn, wyches, raiders and reavers.  Raiders are not useless after disembarking.  Move them onto that objective with 5 guys and start attacking the unit.  It causes all kinds of problems.  Wyches destroy crap but still die to a stiff breeze.  Trueborn are so damn good with the ignore modifier and BS2.  Reavers at bs2 with the ability to fire and fade is great.  They are also good at harassing the back line and getting engage on all fronts.  

As for secondaries I did well with Engage, game 1 I didnt get scramblers, mainly my fault.  I also tried the Take them alive secondary a few times and it was meh.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 16:27

TY for posting your results! Always nice to see some results from actual gameplay Smile
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 17:41

Thanks for posting! What would you change in the list after your games?

Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 17:47

HERO wrote:

Well the wracks were really only good at two things and that is getting scramblers and holding/taking objectives.

I would consider changing them to PoF to make them more durable and maybe dropping the liquifiers on one of the squads as it just sits in the back holding an objective.

Generally our opponents are too busy with us in their face to bully our backline, just have to watch for deep strikers or flankers.

Other than that the list played really well as is, having all this obsec really is great. Cult of Strife is no joke.

Going to work on a realspace raid detachment next to see if I can make it work but with Talos.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15 2021, 18:31

Vailex wrote:
HERO wrote:

Well the wracks were really only good at two things and that is getting scramblers and holding/taking objectives.  

I would consider changing them to PoF to make them more durable and maybe dropping the liquifiers on one of the squads as it just sits in the back holding an objective.  

Generally our opponents are too busy with us in their face to bully our backline, just have to watch for deep strikers or flankers.

Other than that the list played really well as is, having all this obsec really is great.  Cult of Strife is no joke.

Going to work on a realspace raid detachment next to see if I can make it work but with Talos.

Thanks for the reply. Did you wish you had more lances and/or poison?

Also, what would you say are your top3 worst matchups?

Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 15:27

Lances felt fine. I believe i had around 16 lance-like weapons. Heat lances hitting on 2's and truborn hitting on 2's really helps to get things through. So with that kind of accuracy you dont need 20 lances like the old days. Especially now that they average more damage.

Three kab squads supported by splinter racks felt great too, especially in my last match where I had to kill Morty. The poison did a lot of work on him.

Our worst match ups right now are Ad Mech, Sisters and (insert something here). I dont know what our third worst match up would be other than maybe ourselves. I can tell you now that whenever Tau get a new book they have enough indirect los fire power to blow us off the board. Maybe Harlequins?

So Admech, Sisters and a new Tau codex. We are 100% in the top 3 meta right now.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 16:21

Vailex wrote:
Lances felt fine.  I believe i had around 16 lance-like weapons.  Heat lances hitting on 2's and truborn hitting on 2's really helps to get things through.  So with that kind of accuracy you dont need 20 lances like the old days.  Especially now that they average more damage.

Three kab squads supported by splinter racks felt great too, especially in my last match where I had to kill Morty.  The poison did a lot of work on him.  

Our worst match ups right now are Ad Mech, Sisters and (insert something here).  I dont know what our third worst match up would be other than maybe ourselves.  I can tell you now that whenever Tau get a new book they have enough indirect los fire power to blow us off the board.  Maybe Harlequins?

So Admech, Sisters and a new Tau codex.  We are 100% in the top 3 meta right now.  

Glad to see real experience confirming some of my predictions.

Thanks for the BR again, very useful stuff. I think our top 3 worst matchups currently will be: Sisters, DG and Harlequins. All of these I put us in the = or > then depending on list, but they all have the right tools to take us on effectively and efficiently.

For more natural counters, meaning armies that perform well against us by design, I believe IG, AdMech and Tau are going to give us trouble, especially once they get their new books. Oh, and Orks, never sleep on Orks.

Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 17:14

I’ve played a fair amount of games against DG now and I don’t think they’re a difficult matchup due to our speed. We should always be able to dictate when and where engagements happen. The only problematic units they have are the Foul Blight Spawn and PBCs. But those can be either played around or tied up in melee. I’m way more scared of almost any Ad Mech list than even the strongest DG list.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 22:41

sweetbacon wrote:
I’ve played a fair amount of games against DG now and I don’t think they’re a difficult matchup due to our speed.  We should always be able to dictate when and where engagements happen.  The only problematic units they have are the Foul Blight Spawn and PBCs. But those can be either played around or tied up in melee.  I’m way more scared of almost any Ad Mech list than even the strongest DG list.  

Agreed. I play DG regularly and usually win now with the new codex. PBC's are a pain to take down so I just end up ignoring them or assaulting them.

sweetbacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invitational RTT 1st Place   Invitational RTT 1st Place I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invitational RTT 1st Place
Page 1 of 1