THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 pt Throne of Skulls list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barröth Vex
Slave
Barröth Vex

1500 pt Throne of Skulls list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 19:49

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to the Dark Eldar Codex and I'm gonna be attending my first Tourney using a codex I've barely played with XD

Anyways without further-a-do, here’s the first draft of my army list, any C&C would be awesome!

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx - 105

Haemonculus Anicent with Casket of Flensing, & Venom Blade - 95

Haemonculus with Webway Portal - 85

Elites:

4 Grotesques with Liquifier Gun & Aberration with Venom Blade - 165

4 Trueborn with 4 Blasters - 108

Troops:

10 Wracks with Liquifier Gun & Acothyst - 120

9 Warriors with Blaster & Sybarite - 106

10 Hellions with Helliarch with Stun Claw - 175

Fast Attack:

4 Reavers with Heat Lance - 100

5 Scourges with 2 Blasters & Solarite - 150

Heavy Support:

Talos with Chain Fails & Heat Lance - 120

Cronos with Spirit Vortex - 100

Transport:

Raider with Dark Lance & Flickerfield - 70

Total: 1499

The Haemonculus with the WWP will be attached to the Warriors in the Raider. At start of the game, the raider zips forward, the Haemonculus jumps out & deploys the WWP while the Warriors stay in the Raider with the pain token and rapid-fire anything close enough. The Reavers, Scourges & Sathonyx+Hellions zip down the flanks, hugging cover. The rest of the units enter via the WWP (depending on the Scenario, the Wracks might start the game by the objective) with the other Haemonculus attached to the Grotesques. Hopefully with some good reserve rolls, the Cronos & Talos will support the Grotesques and go for the jugular of the enemy, while the units on the flanks deal with any possible counter attacks.

What do you guys think?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 03:43

Barröth Vex wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm quite new to the Dark Eldar Codex and I'm gonna be attending my first Tourney using a codex I've barely played with XD
Ballsy to try WWP for it too - arguably the most difficult army to build and play well.

Quote :
Baron Sathonyx - 105

Haemonculus Anicent with Casket of Flensing, & Venom Blade - 95

Haemonculus with Webway Portal - 85
I find the Ancient upgrade to be pretty 'meh' for the points - same with the Casket. I'd personally drop both (at least drop the Casket) and would change the v.blade to a Power Weapon - paired with the grots the Haem will start the game with furious charge, and the PW will help you kill things that the Grots might have a bit of trouble dealing with (things with good armor saves)

I'll admit I think it's a poor idea to only field 1 WWP - it's too easy for the enemy to just shoot it up or surround it before you get to use it properly.

Quote :
4 Grotesques with Liquifier Gun & Aberration with Venom Blade - 165
With Str 5 (6 on the charge) you'll be getting to re-roll all your missed wounds against pretty much anything - at that stage you're going to do better with the Scissorhands instead of the V.Blade - it is a 10 point extra upgrade, but that is 10 points for +1 attack wounding on 3+ with re-rolls.

Quote :
4 Trueborn with 4 Blasters - 108
These are...okay. I personally like them in a vehicle and starting on the board - they're very valuable at the start of the game and less valuable as the game goes on, so if they show up late via reserves it's sort of wasted points.

Quote :
10 Wracks with Liquifier Gun & Acothyst - 120

9 Warriors with Blaster & Sybarite - 106
I have the same issue with both of these - are those upgrade characters really worth it just for +1 A and +1 Ld? Frankly I'd drop the Warriors to only 5 guys, all they are is a Blaster platform, and you don't need random extra guys with it.

Quote :
10 Hellions with Helliarch with Stun Claw - 175
The Stun Claw sounds awesome, but is really pretty darn useless - I'd take an Aggie or just don't bother with the Helliarch and just buy a few extra Hellions.

Quote :
4 Reavers with Heat Lance - 100
Easy way to save points - take only 3 Reavers, same deal, cheaper cost.

Quote :
5 Scourges with 2 Blasters & Solarite - 150
Solarite isn't needed here - if you take 2+ wounds after saves the squad is probably already useless and you don't need extra Ld to make them stick around being useless.

Quote :
Talos with Chain Fails & Heat Lance - 120

Cronos with Spirit Vortex - 100
You actually don't have that many assault units coming out of the WWP - besides the Grots (start with 2) and the Wracks (start with 1, only need 1 more for optimum situation) and the Hellions (would be awesome to have 2, but they'll probably already almost have them or be dead by the time the Cronos shows up) you don't have much that needs them, really. I'd just take 2 Talos and forget the Cronos.

For the Talos I am a believer that the Liquifier gun is generally better versus infantry than the Chain Flails - only take the Flails if you really see your Talos assaulting lots of mech.

Hope that helps,
Thor.
Back to top Go down
Barröth Vex
Slave
Barröth Vex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 12:15

Hello Thor, thank you for the help Smile Yup your defo right, it is hard to start with a WWP list, lol! I'm not too keen in having my whole army in flimsy raiders XD

Also I keep hearing having 1 WWP isn't that much of a great idea, so I've redesigned my list with 2 WWPs with some of Thor's pointers in mind.

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx - 105

Haemonculus Anicent - 100 (with Grotesques)
Power Weapon, Liquifier Gun

Haemonculus - 85
WWP

Haemonculus - 85
WWP

Elite:

3 Trueborn - 81 (mounted in Venom with Haemonculus)
3 Blasters

3 Trueborn - 81 (mounted in Venom with Haemonculus)
3 Blasters

4 Grotesques - 175
Liquifier Gun, Aberration with Sissorhand

Troops:

10 Hellions - 160

10 Wracks - 120
2 Liquifier Guns

8 Wracks - 80

Fast Attack:

3 Reavers - 78
Heat Lance

Heavy Support:

Talos - 120
Chain Flails, Heat Lance

Cronos - 100
Spirit Vortex

Transport:

2 Venoms - 130
both with extra Splinter Cannons

So new tactics to go with a new list... Venoms zip forwards, Haemonculi drop WWPs, Blasterborn take out enemy armour. Reavers zip down 1 of the flanks. Everything else comes on via WWPs depending on scenario, I might have 1 of the wracks holding an objective.

As you can see I've decided to add an extra heamie & blasterborn... As I wanted the 2nd WWP & the blasterborn were quite good in their first game, still not 100% sure about starting them in the Venoms.... as against Grey knights, they came on in turn 4 & finished off a Dreadknight & took out a few Paladins. Also the cronos proved pretty effective by giving my Hellions & wracks Pain tokens & helped take out a Grey Knight Squad. Also I feel the extra 30 pts for the Ancient is work it, cuz of the extra wound & WS. I kept the Chain Flail on the Talos, as I'm sure I'm sure it will come in handy, plus I've already modelled it on my Talos :-p

Also I have the option of slpiting the 8 wracks to 2 lots of 4 in the venoms & having The Blasterborn in reserves, I plan on testing out both of these options, to see whats more effective.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 15:15

At the very least you should have one Troop option in a vehicle - that way if the deployment type is DoW you don't need to fly onto the board Turn 1 with both portals.

Back to top Go down
nurglez
Slave
nurglez

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 00:00

Indeed, A reason I have 2 x 4 wracks in venoms in my force, small scoring units that let the haemonculi start further forward on the board in dawn of war, a 3rd of games played (statistically).

I found that blaster trueborn did ok coming out of a webway, but I haven;t fought any largely meched up force yet, still having less then 10 games under my belt with a wwp dark eldar force.

I'd suggest splitting up the 8man wrack squad into 2 4 man baby sitting squads. But I still feel this list doesn't have enough anti tank. 6 blasters and 2 heatlances just isn't enough I feel.

Hopefully we shall get some practice in soon mate, Finished play testing Draigo wing, so think I will bring chaos marines when next we meet (that last apoc game gave me a thirst too heh).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Throne of Skulls list   1500 pt Throne of Skulls list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 pt Throne of Skulls list
Page 1 of 1