THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Throne of Skulls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drager
Hellion

1500 Throne of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 15:48

Sorry for not being nicely formatted I'm typing this on my phone.

HQ
Haemonculus (Goes with Wracks)
Venom made, Liquifier Gun
65 pts

Farseer
Prescience, Runes of Warding
90 pts

Elites

5 Trueborn
3 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannon
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
190 pts

5 Trueborn
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
190 pts

Troops

4 Wracks
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
105 pts

3 Wracks
30 pts

5 Pathfinders
120 pts

5 Pathfinders
120 pts

Fast Attack

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blasters
130 pts

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blasters
130 pts

Heavy Support

Razorwing Jetfighter
Splinter Cannon, Flickerfield
165 pts

Razorwing Jetfighter
165 pts

1500 on the button.

Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 15:26

List seems solid, 3 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw. The loss and the draw where my fault not the lists.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 18:06

I have read in your new list that you played this list in a tournament with some success.

Could you give us a breakdown on how each unit performed? What you expected versus what happened?

I am particularly interested in hearing how the Farseer and pathfinders performed but want to hear about the others as well.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 11:51

Drager wrote:

HQ
Haemonculus (Goes with Wracks)
Venom made, Liquifier Gun
65 pts

I switched out the LG for a Shattershard in the actual tourney. For the first 4 games I was not playing this guy as my warlord (as the TO had told me it had to be my Farseer as he was Ld 10) halfway through game 5 someone found the sentence on page 109 that says warlord must be from primary detachment, that ended up forcing the draw.

If this unit (or the one with the shattershard) is not your warlord it is a great distraction unit, I often put him in a venom on his own and sent him down the field turn one a 30" move always put him in a threatening position with a dangerous template weapon. I pulled 2 long fang squads worth of fire into the venom and a thrid into the haemie (he survived) in one game, similar amounts of firepower in others. At 130 points keeping the rest of your army much safer or being a threat if ignored puts a difficult choice in front of your opponent and its mostly heads you win tails they lose.

If he IS your warlord, either keep him backfield (where the template weapon acts as good backfield defence against outflankers/drop podders) or give him a hexrifle and stick him in the pathfinders for Night Vision). These strategies both worked well in the practice games I had before and after the tourney.

Drager wrote:

Farseer
Prescience, Runes of Warding
90 pts

Again a slight change, I gave this guy Spirit Stones and an extra power.

Performance = awesome. Psychic tyranids stop using their powers. Rune Priests take a nap. Inquisitors keep it in their pants and Psychic Battle Squads and/or Psykers in Inquistourial Retinues are just shut down.

Additionally giving pathfinders rerolls or ignore cover is fantastic. Both is better. Doing that for a Razorwing... Yes Please!

Drager wrote:

Elites

5 Trueborn
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
190 pts

5 Trueborn
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
190 pts

Slight change here -1 Blasterborn each to pay for Spirit Stones and extra power.

These units are phenomenal. They kill... everything. Tervigon? No Problem. Deathwing? We Got That! Drop Pod? Free Victory Point. Flyers? Many shots + Prescience = Bye Bye Birdy. Big grey hunters pack? What Pack?

Just, splinter cannons. Stay back outrange your opponent, you outrange everyone as no one can output the same firepower at this sort of range and you can target anything that can hit you first. Splinter Cannons rule. As a side note they are better against 2+ Svs with 5++ than a blaster they are MUCH better against 2+/3++.

Drager wrote:

Troops

4 Wracks
Venom, 2 Splinter Cannon
105 pts

3 Wracks
30 pts

Dropped one wrack from the 4 wrack squad, otherwise no change.

Reserve these, walk them on to grab an objective. If you get the reroll reserves warlord trait reroll successes. You want these off the board, not on.

They are a competent little counter assault unit (as a pair) if neccessary, but mostly jsut objective claimers that are almost entirely ignored by opponents.

Drager wrote:

5 Pathfinders
120 pts

5 Pathfinders
120 pts

Took a 6th pathfinder in one squad, otherwise identical.

5 Pathfinders in the opposite corner of the board from your army is great, they are distracting and they are linebreaking. your opponent has to deal with them. These I am considering dropping in my new list as they, whilst very good are not great.

6 Pathfinders buffed by a farseer and on an objective are a nightmare for anyone without plenty of Flamer. 2+ cover, rerollable shots that sometimes ignore cover, ~1/2 ignore armour, and you can place AP1 shots on a 6 to hit. Only lost thsi squad once and that was to Coteaz and a load of heavy bolter servitors who got the ignore cover divination and pushed through Runes of Warding to successfully cast it. He deserved that kill. These are almost a must include.

Drager wrote:

Fast Attack

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blasters
130 pts

5 Scourges
2 Haywire Blasters
130 pts

The one game I played against alot of armour these were brilliant, the rest they were solid. Not much more to say really.

Drager wrote:

Heavy Support

Razorwing Jetfighter
165 pts

Razorwing Jetfighter
165 pts

The question is no longer do I take two planes, it is which two planes do I take and should I take a third. These arrive and remove a target, they are solid anti enemy flier and great anti infantry as well as solid anti tank/MC. Not much more I could ask of them really. Oh except when they are buffed by a Farseer twinlinked S6 Large Blasts that ignore cover are great!

I found you often got marines in ruins going to ground for a 2+C rather than using 3+ sv so its good even agianst MEQ.

Back to top Go down
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 12:27

Hey, how do you deal with Imperial Guard? I run something very similar but instead of the Scourgers I run 5x2 reavers with blaster.

Sorry for the necroing but I very much like the list! ^^ Very Happy

Last edited by Dvine1989 on Tue Aug 28 2012, 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 14:05

Welcome to TDC Divine1989! Smile

Dvine1989 wrote:
5x2 reavers with blaster, 1 unit with caldrop.

I don't see any reason not to run reavers in multiples of three, you are far better off with 6 reavers as it gives you access to a second lance:

2 x 6 reavers, 2 heatlances - 156pts

That should fix some of your problems against guard. If you don't have the points or the models, you could always run one squad of reavers:

9 reavers, 3 heatlances, arena champion, Vblade - 249pts

Either of those load outs will get a lot more out of your reavers then your current configuration.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 15:59

Thanks for the warm welcome Smile

To be honest I was thinking of fielding 2x of them, the problem is that I do not have any more space in points.
If I put those in I get to 1590 pts...

I can post my list variation (which is basically the same as this but only the 2x5 reavers with 1 blaster). Either I cut a venom and a weapon from the list (which is still 80pts) or dunno :s

EDIT: Made a new thread bout it Here.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 16:17

Farseer buffing the razorwings~!!

Ok, I take back all the terrible things I said about DE players who ally with Eldar and will start drinking the cool aid soon

Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 18:15

Seshiru wrote:

Ok, I take back all the terrible things I said about DE players who ally with Eldar and will start drinking the cool aid soon

Is this a pun to say that I can't do that or you're being serious? xD lol!
Back to top Go down
Drager
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 19:46

Dvine1989 wrote:
Hey, how do you deal with Imperial Guard? I run something very similar but instead of the Scourgers I run 5x2 reavers with blaster.

Sorry for the necroing but I very much like the list! ^^ Very Happy

With this list? Poorly. I'm posting my new 1500 list shortly, its an improvement on this.

Dvine1989 wrote:
Seshiru wrote:

Is this a pun to say that I can't do that or you're being serious? xD lol!

Pretty sure they're being serious as it works fine (using Prescience, not Guide).
Back to top Go down
Dvine1989
Hellion
Dvine1989

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 20:02

Can't wait for the new list as the old one was very much like my game style! Pm me please whn you push t out! Smile

Help make my DE+ Eldar list better please!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Throne of Skulls   1500 Throne of Skulls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Throne of Skulls
Page 1 of 1