THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt first attempt all comers list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grez90
Slave

2000pt first attempt all comers list Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 00:53

Baron Sathonyx - XXXpts

5 wyches, haywire grenades, venom, splinter cannon - 125pts

5 wyches, haywire grenades, venom, splinter cannon - 125pts

10 Kabalite warriors, splinter cannon, raider, splinter racks, disintegrator cannon - 170pts

10 Kabalite warriors, splinter cannon, raider, splinter racks, disintegrator cannon - 170pts

ravager, disintegrator cannons - 105pts

razorwing jetfighter, disintegrator cannons, splinter cannon, 4 shatterfield missiles - 175pts

voidraven bomber, 4 shatterfield missiles 185pts

15 hellions, helliarch, stunclaw - 255pts

4 kabalite trueborn, blasters, venom, splinter cannon - 173pts

4 kabalite trueborn, blasters, venom, splinter cannon - 173pts

5 beastmasters, 5 khymera, 8 razorwing flocks - 240pts

2001pts

Idea of the list is for the venoms to hide it out first turn to get into a good disembarking position for turn 2 (unless my opponent goes first and is silly enough to move forward). The beasts start in a pyramind formation with the khymera spearheading to use thier 4+ invulnerable until I get them into cover.
The voidraven, wyches, and trueborn stay at range trying to concentrate fire on vehicles, the wyches will hold up any vehicles with horrible templates or lascannons. The hellions will try to take out any independant characters with the stunclaw, with Baron calling out challenges to use his shadowfield and the re-rolls.
Anything with a disintegrator cannon or splinter weapon will take on infantry. The Shatterfields will take out infantry, or any low armour vehicles if they are needed to.

Its a very shooty list, and will lack any kind of combat punch apart from Baron vs characters singled out. I'm hoping theres too many vehicle targets for my opponent, while getting my troop choices into cover in the middle of the field as soon as possible (we play with a lot of ruins).

Criticism will be well taken, as this is the first list I've made, and will obviously need tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 01:02

Good list from what I can see.

The only thing that I would change if it was my list would be to swap out the Wyches for some Incubi in either a Venom or a Raider. I don't have my Codex with me, so I don't know the prices unfortunately. The Incubi would be there just to tangle up a unit and make easy work of them. They should be hit into an infantry unit and left to do their work.

Other than that, I'd say keep it as it is. Baron is a great HQ and I'm starting to love Beastmasters.

2000pt first attempt all comers list YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 01:40

With the list kinda relying on baron/hellion combo for CC punch. You may see if you can swap some points around for a Haemy/wrack combo to start this unit off with two pain tokens...

WIll make that unit much more survivable and pack more of a punch.

For me I like to run either hellions OR the best pack you have there and stick the baron in the unit.
So maybe drop one or the other and use the points gained to get some reavers for fast anti-tank/harassing unit.
Overall though it is a strong list as is.
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 02:01

As I mentioned in chat to you the 1 point over may be an issue with some people or events.
Overall its a good list but your relying a lot on short ranged AT so might consider DL's on the Ravager.
I would also consider having a Clawed fiend to soak up Overwatch fire for your CC units.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 05:02

I'll chime in to question the upgrades on your Fliers.

I would suggest adding Flickerfields to each. You want your Fliers shooting as much as possible; you don't want to have to dodge a Penetrating hit with Evade (and thus have a turn of Snap Fire) so the 5++ is what you need.

Similarly, since Fliers already have problems setting up shots, I'm leery of the missile upgrades since it's difficult to leverage them. They do increase the damage potential of the Razorwing, and it may realy want that since it only fires 2 missiles a turn now. However, if you're hunting vehicles with the Voidraven, they aren't going to do much unless you find a really big parking lot to get multiple hits on, and even then you're glancing most threatening things on a 5+. 10 points can be turned into a Flickerfield, 30 can go elsewhere*, and I suspect your Voidraven will not notice the difference.

I would definitely remove the Splinter Cannon from the Razorwing. As it can only shoot 4 weapons a turn, the Cannon is a 5th wheel. The Disintegrators are great, though; you have the right idea there.

*For example, giving the 2 Warrior squads Blasters. Yes, even for big anti-infantry squads, the Blaster inceases their damage against troops and lets them threaten a light vehicle in a pinch.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 19:27

Thanks for the advice lads, both flierss will be dropping a missile or two for the flickerfields, the splinter cannon I'm feeling is a must take for the points, considering I'll only have about 3 missiles once flickerfields are added, and even if i fire 4 weapons first turn (disintegrators and missiles) I will only have a max of 3 weapons from turn 2 onwards, and 6 shots is much better than twin liked 1 shot or 2 at a push.

You may be onto something with the haemy and wracks, I just felt that the hellions add much needed troop choice movement for objectives and adds a nice ranged effect. Plus the stunclaw is a great little trick, meaning the beasts may have to go.

But the low range AT shooting is a bit of a problem, dark lances may be required. On the Clawed fiend point, due to the majority of the models being toughness 3, would he not be easily wounded if hit, just a question, because I'd rather not pay all that points for 1 model that will be toughness 3.

Back to the drawing board Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt first attempt all comers list   2000pt first attempt all comers list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt first attempt all comers list
Page 1 of 1