THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
valthonis
Slave
valthonis

First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt Empty
PostSubject: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 03:47

Hey guys, recent addition and hoping to get your take on a semi-competitive list I would like to use.  This is my first major step into Dark Eldar (played in 3rd so they will always be DE) and really wanted to give the Coven a try.  

---Battalion Detachment (+3)
HQ:
Haemonculus w/ Agonizer, Crucible of Malediction, and Splinter Pistol - 79pt
Haemonculus w/ Agonizer, Crucible of Malediction, and Splinter Pistol - 79pt

Troops:
Wracks - 4x Wracks and 1x Acothyst - 55pt

Fast:
Scourges - 4x Scourges and 1x Solarite all armed with Splinter Carbides - 70pt
Scourges - 4x Scourges and 1x Solarite all armed with Splinter Carbides - 70pt

Flyer:
Voidraven - 2x Dark Scythes - 169pt

Transports:
Raider w/ Disintegrator Cannon - 125pt
Raider w/ Disintegrator Cannon - 125pt

---Spearhead Detachment (+1)
Haemonculus w/ Electro Whip, Crucible of Malediction, and Parasite's Kiss - 83pt
------Warlord w/ Master Regenesist trait

Heavy:
Ravager - 3x Dark Lanes - 155pt
Talos - 3x Talos all armed w/ 2x Haywire Blasters and 2x Macro-Scapel each - 360pt

The scourges are there for objective grabbing and some anti-infantry shooting.  Possibly bring in the Warlord with the Talos via the Webway Portal stratagem, but honestly stuck with what to do with the other two Haemonculi.  Just slog them in on foot behind the Wrack's Raiders?  Doesn't seem worth dropping the Wracks to put the Haemonculi onboard or dropping points to get them their own transport.  Just hoping in the new codex we'll have raiders with 11 transport capacity.  Smile

Otherwise I feel I have enough anti-tank between the Voidraven and Ravagers.

Any glaring misses?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 06:30

If I remember correctly, the Webway Portal is infantry and beasts only, so, unfortunately, no Talos.

On the bright side, footslogging the Haemy's is where you'll get the most value from them. Their aura applies to vehicles too, so keeping those out, the Raiders will be T6. Ravagers are Kabal, and Scourges do their own thing, so the Raiders will be the extent of who benefits.

As far as a list goes, I don't see anything majorly wrong with it, looks quite fun to play, actually!

Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 08:08

You might want to have stinger pods on the talos, i don't know if haywire is worth it, especially with bs4+. With the remaining points, get some EC whips.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
valthonis
Slave
valthonis

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 13:29

TheBaconPope wrote:
If I remember correctly, the Webway Portal is infantry and beasts only, so, unfortunately, no Talos.

On the bright side, footslogging the Haemy's is where you'll get the most value from them. Their aura applies to vehicles too, so keeping those out, the Raiders will be T6. Ravagers are Kabal, and Scourges do their own thing, so the Raiders will be the extent of who benefits.

As far as a list goes, I don't see anything majorly wrong with it, looks quite fun to play, actually!

You are right, I missed the Monsters classification on the Talos. Leaves more options and walking them isn't horrible as you mentioned. Smile

Thanks for the feedback on the list!
Back to top Go down
valthonis
Slave
valthonis

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 13:33

wormfromhell wrote:
You might want to have stinger pods on the talos, i don't know if haywire is worth it, especially with bs4+. With the remaining points, get some EC whips.

I was looking for cheap shooting options on the Talos, the Stinger Pods actually cost more and figured a handful of mortal wounds here and there against vehicles wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 14:28

Why the agonisers on the haemy and not the electrocorrosive whip?
Back to top Go down
valthonis
Slave
valthonis

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 15:17

dumpeal wrote:
Why the agonisers on the haemy and not the electrocorrosive whip?

Purely points. To have whips I would need 8 additional points, currently at exactly 2000 points.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 19:34

fair enough
Back to top Go down
valthonis
Slave
valthonis

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 19:37

Any thoughts on if I should replace the Ravagers with FW Reapers? For now they would benefit from the Haemonculus +1 to T as they have the Coven keyword and have the alternate firing option.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18 2018, 20:40

reapers are great. You should definitely switch 2 ravagers to reapers and change the remaining ravagers to disintegrators. Get rid of a talos, if you lack the points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt   First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First attempt at Haemonculus Coven - 2000pt
Page 1 of 1