THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics

Go down 
+3
Tropheus
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
The Strange Dude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 21:48

Okay so today I got to try out my new table (realm of battle board) in my first home game.

My friend brought his tau round we rolled pitched battle and annihilation I won the roll off and chose to deploy and go first.

Lists

HQ

Haemonculus w/WWP

Haemonculus w/WWP

Troops

7 Wyches w/shardnet, hekatrix w/agoniser and haywires

7 Wyches w/shardnet, hekatrix w/agoniser and haywires in a
Raider w/Night Shields, Enhanced Aether Sails, Flickerfield

Elite

4 Trueborn w/blasters in
Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons and Night Shields, Enhanced Aether Sails

Fast

4 Beastmasters w/ 6 Razorwing Flocks and 5 Khymaera

Heavy

Ravager 3 DL w/ Flickerfield and Night Shields

Ravager 3 Dissie w/ Flickerfield and Night Shields

Chronos w/spirit probe and spirit vortex

total 1498pts

His list was (sorry not accurate)
HQ

2 Shas'els (hardwired tracker, multi targeter and shields one w/plasma one w/missile pod cyclic blaster)
2 Bodyguard (each with plasma,missile pod shields)

Elite

3 man stealth suit team with sarge

3 man stealth suit team with sarge

Troops

6 man firewarrior w/sarge markerlight and carbine

Fast

3 Piranha 2 w/fusion

Heavy

3 Man Broadside team 1 sarge all w/plasma rifle

(think thats it not clear on his list)

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 003-18
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 004-15
Set up before 1st turn

As seems to be the norm for my army I had the initiative stolen and the Tau started there ploy to convert me to the greater dead. Through a combo of good luck and night shields I survived the first turn with only a splinter cannon blown off the venom and everything else good to go.

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 005-13
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 006-12
End of Tau turn one

My go flew forward 12” with everything (after first disembarking the wyches from my raider) then disembarked the rest at just over the half way line. Shooting saw me kill a stealth suit and 2 broadsides along with a piranha and the gun off it’s buddy as well as more importantly placing 2 web ways down. In assault my homunculus charged 2 stealth suits (losing a wound but staying stuck in) and my wyches charged the 3 man stealth squad (wiping them at and consolidating into cover).

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 007-8
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 008-7
End of DE turn one

Tau turn 2 sees his 2 commander and 2 bodyguard unit o’doom show up and deep strike near my trueborn venom and DL Ravager ,the piranha move to get a shot on my venom everything else pretty much stays as it is. Shooting sees mt trueborn obliterated the venom fusioned to death and a wych lost from the squad in cover. In assault my homunculus loses and dies and the tau commanders move away from the web way wary of what it might spew forth.

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 009-4
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 010-4
End of Tau turn 2

My turn 2 time for some new blue skin coats for the girls, reserves gain me 2 wych squads and the chronos moving all to get charges on various squads. Shooting sees an epic fail for the ravager trying to see a sniper team (rolled a 4 on 2d6 twice!) the chronos fared better killing 5 gun drones and giving the wyches about to charge some fire warriors a pain token, with a poor fleet roll one squad of wyches goes back to hanging in some ruins and the last squad fleets to put them closer to terrain if they should win combat. Assault sees the two wych squads annihilate a stealth team (consolidating into the ruins) and running down some fire warriors (consolidating to stay in cover), the chronos wiffs and stays locked with 2 gun drones.

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 011-2
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 012-3
End of DE turn two

Tau turn 3 sees my opponent looking worried but undaunted his piranha tank shock through my wyches and ram my raider (one of the girls heroically throws herself in front of it blowing the remaining gun off it before being smeared across the fairings). Shooting sees my remaining ravager lose one of its dissies and get stunned the wyches that had just been tank shocked are reduced to one (the hekatrix by luck)by some serious crisis suit firepower. Assault sees the chronos wiff again!!! But more interestingly the crisis suit team decide to get closer (this will be their undoing).

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 013-1
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 014-2
End of Tau turn 3

The Girls are back in town - Remaining reserves arrive the beast masters set up to charge the crisis suits, and the freshly arrived wyches run toward the sniper team near his broadsides and the wyches hanging in the ruins near his other sniper team decide to break cover and head toward the snipers. Shooting sees fleeting across the board both wych squads near sniper teams fail to get enough to assault them but the beasts and remaining wyches get enough. Assault sees the beasts charge the crisis suit’s (winning combat by 5 and running the unit down before consolidating toward the remaining fire warriors and broadside), the wych squad killing a squad of fire warriors to the man (sorry tau) and consolidating toward the sniper team, and the remaining hekatrix missing the piranhas with a haywire grenade.

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 015
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 016-1
End of DE turn 3

Missing photos from tau turn 4 which saw my hekatrix run down by piranahs and a kyhmarae and beast master killed from the beast squad.

My turn 4 and effectively the end of the game (though my opponent held on till turn 6 with his piranha) ravager finally managed to spot the sniper team whom it blew to kingdom come, wyches charged the other sniper team destroying it and last but not least the beast masters multi assaulted the last remaining fire warriors and broadside killing all the fire warriors and running down the broadside.

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 018
1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics 019-1
End of DE turn 4

Cue the Benny hill music as the piranha turboed round the board chased by a mob of scantily clad ladies before being finally run down and destroyed in turn 6.

Final result - Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn Win! Tabling the Tau

Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 16:47

One thing I have tended to notice about Dark Eldar battle reports is that, because the army is so fragile, you can usually tell if the DE player won or not by how many times they say something went wrong (ie more than once). The flip side of that is that, when the plan does come together, a battle report reads very much like a good action scene in comics or books: everything has its part and moment to shine whilst it builds to the climax.

It is a treat to read such a cinematic type of battle play out, and I definitely enjoyed this one.

As for the list, would you mind sharing your reasons for the Shardnets on the Wyches, and the Razorwings with the Beastmasters? Those are options I have never felt were good choices, so I am interested in why you take them.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 20:33

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! wrote:

As for the list, would you mind sharing your reasons for the Shardnets on the Wyches, and the Razorwings with the Beastmasters? Those are options I have never felt were good choices, so I am interested in why you take them.

Shardnets used correctly are great base the powerfist/powerweapon/sargent and it's less attacks to worry about base it with multiple models and really annoy your opponent. The best thing about shardnets is one size fits all it will take an attack off anything you base it with from grot to Titan used in groups (multicharges) you can do a number on some of those annoying units (furioso with blood talons for example).

Razorwings are the best beast choice hands down 5 attacks and 5 wounds per base; rending the only thing you can't potentially kill is a landraider evrything else is fair game. In one game I killed mephiston in 1 turn of combat with them. The only reason to take the khymarea is for the invul and allocation of ID hits.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 14:34

Good job! Dont get cocky lol. That was a pathetically inefficient Tau list. Just by him putting marker lights on the FW and using 2 'Els(Tau has been my primary army for years) he wasted a ton of shots and points. Stealths are nice but not very good in 3 man teams, he should have combined them and used spare points for more crisis. A TL Flamer heatwave with a missile pod would have hurt you if he DS'd right. I dont advocate tailoring lists, but three Broadsides with plasma guns against DE? Can you say overkill? He should have made three individuals or two/one teams and stuck with smart missiles systems, especially since he wasnt using leaders. He could have been much shootier and hurt you.

I think a properly designed and run Tau list would be a really good fight against DE. I havent had the opportunity to field my Reaction Cadre(a DSing suit heavy list) against DE yet. It would be a really fun and bloody game I think.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 14:59

I agree, that's one shitty Tau-list.
Back to top Go down
asdrubal vect
Slave
asdrubal vect

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 02:49

agree with ^ when I play tau, it gets bloody real fast
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 12:08

Quote :
One thing I have tended to notice about Dark Eldar battle reports is that, because the army is so fragile, you can usually tell if the DE player won or not by how many times they say something went wrong (ie more than once). The flip side of that is that, when the plan does come together, a battle report reads very much like a good action scene in comics or books: everything has its part and moment to shine whilst it builds to the climax.
+1
My games with tau are quick and brutal...either me or tau gets obliterated.

BTW. Your board from what I se on pics is called desert in my club....I always try to have plenty on board.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 15:13

Hmmm, I see both lists as being non-tourney lists (or should I say neither were "optimized") - i call fair game!

And my games too are quick and brutal but me getting the bad end of the muddy snake in the grass.

I enjoyed the report, thanks for the time to write it!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics   1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn vs The Greater Good (DE vs Tau)- Pics
Page 1 of 1