THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

targets on raider/revenger

Go down 
+3
Hess
Nomic
Rauky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rauky
Hellion

targets on raider/revenger Empty
PostSubject: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 01:59

is the sail/ram an ok target to shoot at. I had a kid try to say that they where so I was like "ok but next turn im shooting all of my blasters from one model taller then the sail as my guys could do it in real life" I proceeded to kick him to the curb hard. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 08:37

According to the rulebook, you can only target the vehicle's hull and turret, ignoring any antennae, banner poles, spikes etc. None of our vehicles have turrets, so that leaves the hull. And the sail is clearly not part of the vehicle's hull. The ram is bit harder to clarify. Personally I consider it a part of the hull, but nto everybody might agree.

Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 10:04

I consider the sail a part of the hull as well, as according to fluff and so forth the sail is required for the Raider/Ravager to fly Smile

Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 10:53

I agree with Nomic. The sail, no, the ram, depends, because if it is, then we could have the ram stick fourth from LOS blocking cover and then have all of our passengers shoot from that….
Sounds weird, so in most cases I would say no to the ram being part of the hull.

And Hess, we don’t use the sail to fly, we have anti-grav engines for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 11:00

I stand corrected. From the book:

"Aethersails to harness the energies flowing from the portal".. Not too sure what that actually means Smile

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 11:13

Hess wrote:
I stand corrected. From the book:

"Aethersails to harness the energies flowing from the portal".. Not too sure what that actually means Smile

Means the sail is there to give the ship a bit of a boost when coming out of portals (even though they can't use portals). The grave plates and the big thruster on the back of the raider is what does the work, the sail just harnesses a bit of energy from the environment (like solar panels). Raiders are the hybrid cars of the future.

At Commorragh Captives™️ we like to make sure our slaves have the smallest carbon footprint in the Galaxy. So whatever you do to them you don't have to feel guilty. Wink

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 11:39

Well said!

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 16:04

sail, no. Ram, no, but that also means we cant shoot from it, or disembark from it either

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Drev
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 17:59

Mushkilla wrote:

Means the sail is there to give the ship a bit of a boost when coming out of portals (even though they can't use portals).

This made me laugh out loud.
I've been playing that the sail doesn't count but the ram does. Of course this means that the ram poking out has allowed me to lose many a skimmer so I really like the idea of not using both. Hull only for me from now on.
Back to top Go down
Rauky
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 02:52

ok cool he was not happy that i let him shoot at them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: targets on raider/revenger   targets on raider/revenger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

targets on raider/revenger
Page 1 of 1