THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?

Go down 
+2
Mushkilla
mug7703
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  Empty
PostSubject: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 02:59

Title says it all really. Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 06:52

No.

RULEBOOK FAQ wrote:
Q: When a model makes a Vector Strike or Hammer of Wrath,
do these attacks benefit from any special rules (such as Furious
Charge, Poisoned or Rending), or any weapons or other wargear
it is equipped with? (p37/43)
A: No

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:30

Unless you're The Baron, for no apparent reason, who adds +1S to his HoW attack.

Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:33

Are you sure? The way I understand it, the restrictions only apply to actual wargear and weapons. The combat drug result Grave Lotus simply raises the strength value by one. There's no restriction to it, like having to have the charge (as with Furious Charge, etc), or even to be in CC at all. I would think it is a plain profile improvement similar to the +1T granted by a Jetbike and so yes, I think they count for HoW attacks.

Tiri Rana, come forth as we are in need of The Judge. Very Happy

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:40

Kinnay wrote:
Are you sure? The way I understand it, the restrictions only apply to actual wargear and weapons. The combat drug result Grave Lotus simply raises the strength value by one. There's no restriction to it, like having to have the charge (as with Furious Charge, etc), or even to be in CC at all. I would think it is a plain profile improvement similar to the +1T granted by a Jetbike and so yes, I think they count for HoW attacks.

Well the FAQ answer clearly says you benefit from neither special rules nor wargear. There is some debate over which of those Combat Drugs falls under but they definitely fall under one or the other and therefore neither works.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:44

Sometimes I think when people read the FAQ they forget about the what the actual rulebook says. The rule book says Hammer of Wrath attacks use unmodified Strength, +1S from combat drugs is a modification.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:46

Do Tyranid Harpies or Carnifexes with Toxin Sacs get it? (Genuine question)

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 09:53

Nope as those are both wargear/special rules. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 10:45

Alright then! Smile

mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 11:06

Cool! Thanks guys. That's really helpful.

Although, what's the consensus on the Baron? Does he get it for some reason?
Back to top Go down
RabbitMaster
Hellion
RabbitMaster

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 11:09

The only reason he get it is because the FaQ says so Neutral
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 12:11

RabbitMaster wrote:
The only reason he get it is because the FaQ says so Neutral

Ah yea! His Skyboard gives him +2S. He is such a badass. They were writing the rules and he was like, no, that doesn't apply to me. Now rewrite that sentence to give me more strength or I'll add your bones to my cloak.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 13:03

The HoW rule in itself is pretty clear and the rulebook faq makes it even clearer. How someone got the brilliant idea to let the Baron use his custom skybord goes well over my head. Especially because it says: 'it ads +2 Strength to his attacks in any turn in which he assaults.' so if this is not a modifier I don't know what is.

It would be nice to see an explanation or reason in the faqs why a certain answer is given, but I think this will happen directly after Tyranids get useful allies at the earliest.

P.S.: What i found interesting is that the term unmodified is used around two to three times in the rulebook and never defined at all. Ok granted, unmodified isn't a too complicated concept to grasp, but look above.

P.P.S.:
Kinnay wrote:

I'm neither judge nor referee, not even a mod. But thanks for the praise. If you come across a greater amount of cash you don't know what to do with you may always send it my way. I also accept paypal, credit cards or checks.
Please take note, that I can't accept souls or firstborn children as payment option anymore. The only alternative payment option at the moment are beautiful daughters over the age of 18.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?    Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do CD add +1S to HoW attacks?
Page 1 of 1