THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings of blood and murder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkydarkdark
Slave

Greetings of blood and murder Empty
PostSubject: Greetings of blood and murder   Greetings of blood and murder I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23 2013, 17:52

Twisted Evil Fellow Archons, salutations. I've been a visitor on the forums for nearly a year and recently joined. Very good info from all topics I've checked thank you. I hope to be posting more of my own battles against the inferior races. I have had much success playing Dark Eldar (after starting 40K with Tau and deciding I needed a more in your face army) and they suit my playstyle very well. I have what I consider a balanced force. Hoping to invest in Venoms later this year. My army so far consists of:

Archon x2 (interesting enough for Apoc games I can field 4 with Infinity Crane proxies)
Succubus
Haemonculi x2
Drahzar (converted model that is pretty damn sweet looking if I may say so myself)
Incubi x10
Grotesques x3
Trueborn x10 (10 more to assemble and paint)
Scourges x5
Wracks x5
Reavers x6
Mandrakes x 8 (2 died permanently)
Wyches x10 (10 more to assemble and paint)
Warriors x10
Razorwing x2
Ravagers x2
Raiders x3
Tantalus x1
Talos Pain Engine x2

So I believe that is my complete list. I didn't break down units as far as weapons but can if anyone asks nicely Very Happy or has any questions. I'd say my win:loss ratio is pretty good for someone that has only started playing 40K in the last year and a half not including the 3-5 months I spent playing Tau. So thanks again for insights gathered and info listed. Looking forward to talking to all of you as we wreak havoc among the pathetic curs that dare to challenge us!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Greetings of blood and murder   Greetings of blood and murder I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 12:26

Well, you have a little of everything. The question would only be how you will field them? If you want wracks, incubi, warriors, wyches and trueborn (+ all HQs) to have transports, 3 raiders wont be enough, so get those venoms Wink
But if you want larger than 2000 point games, you probably need a lot more troops. But for smaller games, you have a great variety of what to take.
...how exacly did 2 mandrakes die permanently? Not that im concerned of the other 8 Rolling Eyes

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Darkydarkdark
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Greetings of blood and murder   Greetings of blood and murder I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 16:05

Well I like to include a WWP for any troops held in reserve. Sometimes two depending on who I am facing. So far using Haemi's as delivery for the portals has worked very well. Normally accompanied by either Wracks or Grots. Wyches usually run with the Succubus in a Raider and one of the Archons either with a group of Incubi or Trueborn in the other Raider. Very nice shooting at a soft group of troops and the Archon assaulting to clean up and maybe grab a pain token if he can. Huskblade is so lovely. Or at times I'll pop the Archon out of the WWP with the Grots and chance any shooting that may come his way with a Grot shield. Trueborn usually roll with either two splinter cannons or one splinter and one DL. Wracks cause havoc among troops when I use em with poisoned weaps and liquifier not to mention Taloi popping out of a portal to crush most opposition. They are such scary targets most people focus on trying to take em down with what shooting units aren't in combat. Incubi already have a rep in my gaming circle and also attract a lot of attention so its kind of harder to get them into combat sometimes without losing a few. I try to take advantage of the Warriors ability to rapid fire and splinter racks on a raider are very very nice even at regular range. They can sting a squad pretty dang well coupled with Raider's Disintergrator Cannon. I try to focus on one or two enemy squads at a time and overwhelm em with sheer numbers before moving on to the next target. DL's are 50/50 with my rolls at times. Most of my opponents have heavy armored vehicles and even being AP2 Lance I seem to get some crappy rolls when I really don't need em. I stick by em though they have won me battles. Love Razorwings as AI more than AT. They seem designed to rip through infantry and thats what I use em for. Scourges when I play em can fit into either AT or AI. Or even a good distraction as they move so quickly. Reavers decimate squads. Plain and simple. Coming out of a WWP is even better. They do die if heavy weaps are aimed at em but they can aid in controlling a board so well. Two squads rip apart most infantry in a couple of passes and if there is enough cover they survive the entire battle laughing maniacly the entire time. Raiders I consider sacrificial lambs, sorry they are delivery vehicles and usually get shot to bits. I may keep one in the backfield, depending on the game, or pop shots with it to help whittle down an enemy troop. Night Shields!!! I try to field all sorts of varying armies and like to test new strats. Still learning a lot and always itching to take on opponents. I've only lost 3 battles, one to Eldar and two to CSM. Those two armies are controlled by the two Veteran players in our group though and the fights have all been close so I don't feel bad about losing. But I've won way more than I've lost, against BT,GK, Tau, NIds, IG, Crons I am undefeated so far in multiple battles and campaigns. I have a love affair with the DE lol.
Back to top Go down
Darkydarkdark
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Greetings of blood and murder   Greetings of blood and murder I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 21:41

Archon: Shadow Field\Huskblade\Blaster\Combat Drugs\
Succubus: Venom Blade
Haemonculi: Venom Blade\Liquifier
Warriors: splinter cannon or Dark lance
Trueborn: Shardcarbine x7\ Splinter Cannon x2 or one SC one DL\Dracon w/blaster
Taloi: Twin linked Liq\ chain flails\ either twin linked SC or Haywire Blaster
Razorwings: dissies\ mono missiles or venom\ splinter cannon
Ravagers: DL's
Wyches: Haywire Grenades\ Hekatrix with PW and Blast Pistol
Scourges: Haywire Blaster\ sybarite with blast pistol and PW\ two w/shard carbines\ heat lance
Reavers: 2x Heat lance\4x splinter rifle\ 2 champions with cluster caltrops
Wracks: one Apoc to give him the sniper rifle and one gets the Liq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings of blood and murder   Greetings of blood and murder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings of blood and murder
Page 1 of 1