THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to Dark Eldar and WH40k

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vince
Slave

New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  Empty
PostSubject: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 06:02

A couple of my friends and I have recently got into Warhammer 40k and I am going to play DE. I was wondering how the Lhamaean and Sslyth can be used because they have cool models, but from what I've read, it seems that they can only be used in the court of the Archon, but I'm not 100% sure. Any advice about playing the Dark Eldar is also appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 06:21

Yeah they can only be used in Court of Archon, and isnt very good either but they do look good.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 09:31

^ What he said. Then again, there is nothing that says you can't use them for a conversion of some kind (the Lhamaean might f.ex. work excellent as Lady Malys).

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 09:33

@Vince: Darklight knows that because in the Dark Eldar codex it states at the unit entry of the Court of the Archon that you may only take a Court in combination with an Archon. Then you see the unit composition and it says a minimum of 1 for every model in the court. Wich makes it a little bit expensive in points.

Hope that helps.

Vince
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06 2013, 19:45

Thanks for the help guys
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 02:03

Welcome, Vince! Yeah, it's widely accepted that the Court just isn't worth it. I see it taken slightly less often than Mandrakes (ouch), but slightly more than Khaerublahblah.

Poke around the forums. You'll find plenty of advice about accompaniments to your Archon.

Just remember: every loss is not only an addition to your knowledge about the way we Dark Kin work, but to your Haemonculus's bits box! Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar and WH40k    New to Dark Eldar and WH40k  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Dark Eldar and WH40k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: