THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 Realspace Raiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

1250 Realspace Raiders Empty
PostSubject: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 12:39

Hey everyone!
Soon-ish, i'm going to have my first few games as Dark Eldar, and would like a little input on my list if possible.
Of note should be the following: for the time being, my only opponents are going to be Space Puppies with only a few models, everything on Thunderwolves and very killy + one of those flying cardboard boxes. The other guy is Space Smurfs, lots of long range shooting, 2+ saves everywhere. The point being, most probably i'll only be seeing 0-1 fliers and 0-1 tanks, maximum 2 i believe.

So here goes the list

HQ
Succubus [115]
- Archite Glaive
- The Armor of Misery
- Haywire Grenades (points filler)

ELITES
8 Hekatrix Bloodbrides [206]
- wych weapon (shardnet/impaler or gauntlets, undecided)
- Syren /w Agoniser
- Raider /w Aethersails, Grisly Trophies (filling points with the trophies)

TROOPS
5 Kabalite Warriors [105]
- Venom /w Splinter Cannon

FAST ATTACK
Razorwing Jetfighter [185]
- 2 Dark Lances
- Splinter Cannon
- 4 Shatterfield Missiles
- Night Shield

6 Reavers [151]
- 2 Cluster Caltrops
- Arena Champion /w Power Sword

6 Reavers [151]
- 2 Cluster Caltrops

5 Scourges [120]
- 4 Haywire Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager [110]

TOTAL: 1248

I'm totally unsure about the retinue for the Succubus. Ended up discarding Grots as there's no way i'm getting them to use the improved PFP table from the supplement. Also discarded Incubi because of my enemies' factions and probable lists. Figured 8 Bloodbrides would be better than 9 regular Wyches, losing 1 wound in the unit and gaining a bunch of attacks in return.
Thoughts and comments are appreciated and will be given consideration Smile

Last edited by skullmonkeyz on Fri Oct 17 2014, 13:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 12:55

If you really are looking at plating against a lot of marines and in particular terminators, you might want to rethink the incubi/bloodbrides pay off. Incubi are possibly the best cc unit in the game and you can make marines cry when 5 stroll in and take a terminator squad off the board with ease.

Watch out for thundereolf cavalry. You really don't want to get into combat with them now. Old Archon with huskblade was great but alas. You really have to shoot them up to take them down!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 12:59

Do you have Medusae? Against any kind of power armour, their eyeburst is a huge boon for us, particularly if you can take sslyth in the same unit to make them T5 majority. The unit isn't hugely cheap and i note you're running at 1250 but 2 Medusae and 3 Sslyth with a WWP (ideally in a raider) will kill a lot of stuff for you (work on the basis that as it wounds on a 4+, using two templates you should kill all the models 1 template covers - I'd reckon at least 5 or 6 against most opponents).

Bloodbrides I would say are likely to be an upgrade too far, it's a not insignificant points hike per model, for 1 extra attack each, likely to cause maybe 1 extra wound across the unit.

Given how many tanks you've said you're likely to face, I think you can probably do without the haywire grenades on the Succubus. I'd also maybe just stick to monoscythes on the razorwing (iirc shatterfields you pay for?) as they'll wound on 2+ against marines anyway.

If you're looking at 2+ armour saves, dissies are good, though I might still suggest the voidraven (keep the lances in case of fliers, but the mine will do wonders if it hits - don't forget it only scatters D6", not 2D6") and if you can scrape the points together, four implosion missiles aren't too shabby into bunched units.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 13:23

Taking the advice of changing the fighter for a bomber and changing the brides in raider with incubi + klaivex in venom, i'm looking at ~40 points below the limit. My usual dilemma really, nothing is THAT cheap in the codex and most upgrades i could take are rather meh :/

My experience from playing against the Space Puppies with my tyranids is that T5 and 12" movement with the killing potential these guys can put out while wearing power armor and having a 3++ on most the guys, making them roll more saves is more likely to kill anything than low AP weapons. By turn 2, the only thing that would keep me in the game with my nids would be the dakka flyrants. However i'm pretty confident that i can outrun him and soften him up until turn 4 when the succubus and incubi are sufficiently buffed by PFP to be able to take on one squad or the other.

What would you guys recommend for 40 points upgrade wise for the units? I already have Shatterfield missiles on the bomber (wounding on 2s rerolling is more likely to generate more unsaved wounds on T5 3+/3++, right?)

Thanks for the input!

Edit: for the time, i have no court models yet, but i'm rather open to any suggestions Smile
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 13:51

2 heatlances on both reaver squads. Just to give you extra kill potential.

Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 16:32

So, i shifted a few things around and here's what i came up with:

HQ
Succubus [110]
- Archite Glaive
- The Armor of Misery

ELITES
4 Incubi [155]
- Klaivex

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK
6 Reavers [161]
- 2 Cluster Caltrops
- 2 Blaster

6 Reavers [161]
- 2 Cluster Caltrops
- 2 Blaster

5 Scourges [120]
- 4 Haywire Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager [115]
- Aethersails

Voidraven Bomber [215]
- Night Shields
- 4 shatterfield missiles

TOTAL: 1247

I must say i'm rather pleased with how this turned out to be. Thanks for the suggestions!
Any more comments on the new list? Smile
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 16:45

Aghh bomber! Looks good, hope you enjoy playing and painting them up!
Be very careful with the bomber though, its a lot of points for something that can be shot down by bolters!

Nightshields on the ravager will be useful and almost essential I would say though!

Back to top Go down
skullmonkeyz
Hellion
skullmonkeyz

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17 2014, 17:13

Ya, the bomber is very expensive for what it does i think, but it's probably still the best AA we can bring staying pure DE, unless i can get a skyfire relay for my scourges to sit on, but that'd make them even more of a bullet magnet i believe. I'm going to use my Jetfighter as "counts as" bomber until i know i really want to use it regularly, after all it is quite the expansive model, both points and money wise Wink

Concerning the night shield for the ravager, for 1250 points i have to stop giving out upgrades at some point unfortunately, and when going up to 1500 i'm already quite determined to squeeze a Dark Artisan in there somehow.

Didn't play a single game as DE yet and totally love this codex ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Realspace Raiders   1250 Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 Realspace Raiders
Page 1 of 1