THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings Realspace Raiders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kassill
Slave
Kassill

Greetings Realspace Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15 2022, 15:59

So to preface, apparently I had this idea years ago and have totally expunged it from my memory. I went to sign up to the site and had already made an account...in 2015

So to introduce myself, I'm a long time hobbyist and player, started in 4th edition with vanilla marines, have gone through a fair few armies since before landing on Space Wolves. They are and will always be my first true love.

But I have always had temptations and admirations for the Dark Eldar/Drukhari, when their range got the overhaul I was drawn in by the sleek murderous curves of their aircraft and beautiful infantry models.

Between school, work and life I have not had time to collect more than one army but that's changing today. The night before last I grabbed a Venom and some Incubi to work on over the weekend as a fun change of pace hobby wise, but with full intentions of building 2k Drukhari.

40k among my friends has had a resurgence this summer and we have been playing every weekend. However, 4 out of the 6 of us play Marine armies, myself included... I do not regret playing my Wolves! However, I want to be the change of pace for our group and bring in diversity, as well as a new edge against my friends Twisted Evil

If you read this far, thanks! I am known for word soup

TLDR; forgot I was on this site, starting a Drukhari army

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2022, 14:00

Welcome to our ranks Kassill!

Our models range is indeed, absolutely beautiful!
Be it from our Incubis to our Kabalites, including the Hellions and Talos, our entire range is a feast for the eyes! (sadly no big centerpiece, but who knows, maybe one day, but even without that, our range is amongst the slickest you can find)

Sadly right now our rules are in some strange place, but knowing you mostly play against Space Marines you should have a fun time (the armor of contempt though is backbreaking for us).

Wishing you the best of luck with your future games and hoping you will be able to drown your foes in sorrow before bringing back some new slaves to Commorragh!

Kassill likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2022, 16:55

Try the Tantalus as centerpiece. Twisted Evil

Kassill likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2022, 20:06

Welcome to the Dark City, fellow True Kin!

We certainly have a lot of neat models in our range, and with the shifting meta you should be able to find deals on Ebay/etc.

One of the things I would highly recommend, is investing in some 1/8 and 1/16" magnets. Things like our Raiders tend to break, so placing magnets in those areas makes it easier to transport/paint/store/etc. Plus you can also magnetize the weapons, and never have to worry about "which should I glue on?"

Kassill and Niurvindol like this post

Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2022, 07:51

My fiancé suggested magnetizing the point where my raiders connect to the clear bit.
Honestly one of the best modifications I’ve ever made.
Those things snap so easily and having a nice magnet there makes transporting them in a box much easier as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings Realspace Raiders   Greetings Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings Realspace Raiders
Page 1 of 1